Marcus Coker is Gone

He had a number of penalties, and in several games more than 1, basically blew protection multiple times during the MN game, and is our heaviest guy at I think only 300! So yeah that IS undersized. WI's O-Line outweights the goddamn Green Bay Packers.

do some research before you open your mouth.

BA-ZING! I like BillS's fire, his passion for being right is apparent right off the bat! Welcome to the board!

Reloading with undersized linemen? OK, cause that worked great the past 2 seasons.

If you look at our last 2 recruiting classes, our lineman have been mostly 4*'s and are looking to be very good. Our most likely line next year is going to be pretty big. I'm not sure what your looking at.

He had a number of penalties, and in several games more than 1, basically blew protection multiple times during the MN game, and is our heaviest guy at I think only 300! So yeah that IS undersized. WI's O-Line outweights the goddamn Green Bay Packers.

I dunno, I guess I'll trust the NFL scouts over your "research".

Weight doesnt mean **** when you have good leverage....do YOUR homework....or at least play a down of football before you run your mouth.

He had a number of penalties, and in several games more than 1,
2)basically blew protection multiple times during the MN game,
3)and is our heaviest guy at I think only 300! So yeah that IS undersized.
WI's O-Line outweights the goddamn Green Bay Packers.

1. okay what Lineman doesn't have penalties?
1a/2. so did KO, and he's still projected to go late first round, early second.
3. Bryan Bulaga coming out of Iowa, was 314, so is he still Undersized? superbowl ring? doesn't matter he's undersized.

and so what if Wisconsin's line outweighs Green Bays, that means absolutely nothing. what the hell do you want? all 6'5 6'6 350 lbs?

I don't think anyone disputes the problem exists at the position, but I'm not sure which ones you lay at the doorstep of the coaches?Wehger? No, Robinson? Maybe, but I don't know how many people object to this one, McCall? Maybe, don't know all details, Coker? Same, Hampton? Maybe. Again the issue exists, but the cause hardly seems conclusive or consistent.
Carl Jackson was a mentor at the position. Just like Aiken was a mentor at DLine. Their players talked about how they looked up to them as roll models. That hasn't been the case for Erb, just like it wasn't the case for coach K. Players can't relate to these guys, and therefore don't want to stick around and work through things.

Think there may be some truth to what Caarhawk is saying. Erb is not the most liked coach on the Iowa staff. Is he the reason for all the attrition at the position? I don't think so, but I do feel he may be a part of it and I think Ferentz should take a close look at the situation. I understand attrition is part of college football, but losing this many players at 1 position should result in KF doing some more investigating on situation.

I know of one RB who had an incident occcur and left program. Was interested in coming back but didn't want to play for Erb.

Erb may be a good recruiter, I don't follow that close, but he needs to be to make up for all players that leave from his position on the team.

My source for this information is a close relative who is involved in iowa fb program on a daily basis and good friends w alot of players.

just my opinion

These guys don't understand real football or real life for that matter.

I hope you're referring to the ISU fan cause if not you obviously didnt pay much attention this season. I'm surprised he's #7 on the board and maybe he's there because he basically supported the entire line despite not really having a great showing this season, and has great potential. I'm not saying he's not good, he is, but there were a lot of hiccups at LT this season.

Uh-oh...Guess who's coming to dinner???? RJ!!!!!
LMAO....Well...I get sick of all the arm chair Quarter backs here that have never played a down of football in their life....I mean, I sucked at football, rode the pine my whole life. But at least I understand the damn game...

That's actually a good question and I don't really know aside from just looking at some of the B1G teams and a few other top teams who have kept their star RB's at their school aside from NFL departures. WI has never had a starting guy leave like this, nor do I remember it from OSU, Illinois, Michigan, MSU or Penn St. Similarly, Bama had their top guys in there (Ingram for several seasons, then Richardson), LeMichael James hasn't lef Oregon, etc.

May be good to research though and see if we really are an outlier or if maybe it happens more often then not.

Auburn just lost their starting tailback who was also suspended for their bowl game. Maybe you heard of him he won the MVP in the national title game last year

I'm glad I don't have a premium membership on TOS. I would sure hate to pay good money for all of this bad news!

Auburn just lost their starting tailback who was also suspended for their bowl game. Maybe you heard of him he won the MVP in the national title game last year
Also, Georgia's RB problems have been about as bad as ours.

Say good bye to the SLOWEST rb in the big ten. He had decent visionand good power, but ran behind an excellent o-line with three people that will probably get some pt in the NFL so it isn't like his 1300 yds was on his own. Lets look around at some other IA transfers, what happened to Brinson, Wegher, and many many other, they usually never had the success anywhere else they had at Iowa, beacuse Iowa has great ol's. So go ahead and leave Coker no one else is going to start a rb that runs a 5.1 forty, you will be a FB if you go D1 even if you go FCS then you are probably still a fb. This is definately sour grapes, but you have to admit he is offly offly slow to be a D1 RB. I think we will see the same amount of measurable success next year. If you think about it this year we put all of our eggs in one basket. Who's to say if we would have given more carries to Bullock, Canzeri, Rodgers etc. we would not have had a better per yard attempt this year. If coker had any speed at all we do not lose to Minny, so there could possibly be a silver lining to this cloud. Hell he may have seen some serious talent coming in behind him and it just helped push him out the door, or whatever the hell he did was more of a big deal then we thought. Good Luck Coker and I will bet you right now you never start D1 RB again.

Latest posts