Marcus Coker is Gone

Do you really think it should be hard for Iowa to recruit Illinois? Seriously? That is the biggest load of crap there is! So sick of people touting that he pulls in recruits from our backyard!

I'll agree with this... total pro sports town. It is like a mine of talent with nowhere to go.

I hate seeing players leave like this, but I think someone can step in and do just as good of job. I like Coker as a teammate and a person, but I am not sold on him as a RB that gets 25 carries a game and keeps other players on the bench (yeah show me stats and what not, but look at the horrible defenses he got to play against to get those numbers.). Some players need to step up, but I think we will be fine.

But does losing 5 straight RBs make a good program? Seriously? It is not one RB. It is a position coach that has lost every top player he has had at the position he coaches for 6 straight years!

Do you really think it should be hard for Iowa to recruit Illinois? Seriously? That is the biggest load of crap there is! So sick of people touting that he pulls in recruits from our backyard!

Yes, cause no one else recruits Chicago. Except Notre Dame. And Wisconsin. Oh and Michigan. And Ohio State. Also Michigan State. But we are way closer than all of them, and we have more to offer in terms of campus atmosphere, historical success and tradition. This stuff just automatically happens...

Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Minnesota and to some extent Notre Dame and Missouri all want the same pretty limited group of good players. That's a lot of teams fighting over a scarce amount of talent, not to mention if guys are really good, the OSUs, USCs and Michigans of the world start calling them, too.

W. T. F. ????!!!!!!!!

Not only was Marcus a helluva player, he was by all accounts a good kid. Smart, well-grounded, hard-working, articulate - loved his interviews.

Jeebus.

I don't think anyone disputes the problem exists at the position, but I'm not sure which ones you lay at the doorstep of the coaches?

Wehger? No, Robinson? Maybe, but I don't know how many people object to this one, McCall? Maybe, don't know all details, Coker? Same, Hampton? Maybe. Again the issue exists, but the cause hardly seems conclusive or consistent.

Carl Jackson was a mentor at the position. Just like Aiken was a mentor at DLine. Their players talked about how they looked up to them as roll models. That hasn't been the case for Erb, just like it wasn't the case for coach K. Players can't relate to these guys, and therefore don't want to stick around and work through things.

thanx again capt kirk!...im done donating
Do you know something we dont? I hope it comes out that Coker was a complete F-Stick and we dont want players like that in our program. you my friend will look like a complete tool for that statement, along with any other *** out there that says anything close to that.

Carl Jackson was a mentor at the position. Just like Aiken was a mentor at DLine. Their players talked about how they looked up to them as roll models. That hasn't been the case for Erb, just like it wasn't the case for coach K. Players can't relate to these guys, and therefore don't want to stick around and work through things.

The limitation you are working with is imperfect information. You have no idea if the issues we are losing guys to are of the nature that can be worked through.

Hopefully someone in the football complex has informed KF that he might get a few questions on this at his next press conference. No fart jokes this time Kirk. Those reporters you mocked knew what they were talking about. Learn to apologize.

As fans of Iowa football, why do we cheer for our team? I would rather cheer for a team where players are punished when they break the rules. I like cheering for the "good guy" more than I like cheering for a team that represents the University that I attended, more than I like cheering for a team that is geographically close to the place that I live. I even like cheering for the "good guy" more than I like cheering for talented athletes and winning seasons.

Part of the reason I like Iowa football is because we are not Ohio State, Penn State, or an SEC team. Part of the reason it is fun to cheer for Iowa is because we are consistently the underdog. The Iowa football program is not just about wins and losses. We strive to represent something positive.

Coker was a talented Iowa RB, but we don't know what he did. Iowa is home to positive, smart, student athletics. Good athletes are not above the law or University policy. Good athletes can make mistakes, but good Hawkeyes accept and learn from the repercussions of those mistakes.

So, you think it was a lie that both guys had an invitation to rejoin the team and that KF wanted them back?

So, you are calling Barta and KF liars?

Can anyone deny, though, that there is a common denomonator here? All different kids come in year after year, a bunch end up leaving, what has stayed the same???

Whatever, we're just Iowa, and not like we should expect to field anything better than a slightly competitive team right? 7-6 is still a winning season!

Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Minnesota and to some extent Notre Dame and Missouri all want the same pretty limited group of good players. That's a lot of teams fighting over a scarce amount of talent, not to mention if guys are really good, the OSUs, USCs and Michigans of the world start calling them, too.

don't talk logically to the proles. limited ability to grasp the obvious.

also - michigan basically is a border state of illinois as well - (i understand lake michigan separates, but guaranteed michigan and msu recruit the area as well.

Can anyone deny, though, that there is a common denomonator here? All different kids come in year after year, a bunch end up leaving, what has stayed the same???

Whatever, we're just Iowa, and not like we should expect to field anything better than a slightly competitive team right? 7-6 is still a winning season!

Hell yes! Bowl eligible 11 years in a row and counting!

As long as you guys keep reloading your line it won't really matter who is a RB. The holes will be there

Hopefully someone in the football complex has informed KF that he might get a few questions on this at his next press conference. No fart jokes this time Kirk. Those reporters you mocked knew what they were talking about. Learn to apologize.

Pff, good luck getting anything out of him. His response will be so vague it wont answer any questions.Then someone will ask about something they saw on twitter, he'll look confused and ask what the heck twitter is, violently chew gum and furiously write on a clip board.

Latest posts