Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend... is a Hoax

I am starting to believe that Te'o wasn't in on the initial hoax. He appears to just got manure for brains.
Manti Te'o wondered in 2010 if Lennay Kekua situation was 'a prank' - ESPN

Message to everyone in the entire world, if a "girl" reaches out to you on the interwebs, and says she models for Victoria's Secret, there is less than 0% chance that she is "real."

Where Te'os shadyness comes in is that he lied about everything to play up the relationship as real, and to get mass sympathy later on. After watching the way he played in the title game, it will be interesting to see if he ever recovers from being the biggest joke in the history of the internet.

Second Book of Nephi sure makes it sound like lies are bad things. 2 Nephi 9 

Wo unto the liar, for he shall be thrust down to hell.

I'd be worried about this sentence as well (in verse 36):

Wo unto them who commit whoredoms, for they shall be thrust down to hell.

I also love how ESPN is running with the "fact" that the phone records that show Te'o really talked to someone on the phone that much, when the phone records are just a spreadsheet somebody for Tuiasosopo's camp put together and haven't been verified at all. Seems like no one learned a lesson from all this.

Isn't the simpliest explanation at this point that Te'o was dating this dude?

I also love how ESPN is running with the "fact" that the phone records that show Te'o really talked to someone on the phone that much, when the phone records are just a spreadsheet somebody for Tuiasosopo's camp put together and haven't been verified at all. Seems like no one learned a lesson from all this.

Isn't the simpliest explanation at this point that Te'o was dating this dude?

I think many believe that is what really happened, I'm not here to judge him but if it is true it won't affect his draft stock if he comes out of the closet.

Or maybe it will, he ruined the chance to find out because he continued the lie.

Then again, maybe he isn't "in the closet" and he is just really stupid.

Jim Rome just played some of the voice mails Kaite Couric released, ones that Manti's "girlfriend" left on his phone, and Roniah or whomever it was sounded like a girl. Pretty legit.

But, it could just be a coverup, too. Why would you save these voicemails, especially after you know that you were catfished? This whole thing is way too weird.

I would say that the Te'o story is more relevant and interesting than the Lance Armstrong story.

Does anyone actually care about the Tour de France? America just pretended to care when an American was winning and had an "overcoming the odds" story. Unless the media was in the locker room with the cyclists there would have been no way of fact checking (at the time) that all of them were using PEDs.

The Te'o story is more interesting because it is yet another example of how pathetic the national news media is (particularly ESPN and sports writers in general).

It is also more interesting because it is potentially implicates Notre Dame in a coverup since they knew about Te'o lying (not a hoax) prior to the dead spin article.

It is also more interesting because a Heisman candidate was using a made up story to get more press.

Best case scenario: It is also more interesting because he is a Mormon attending a Catholic school who may in fact be gay. I'm not saying that he is gay, but I think that reasonable people can start to ask questions about why a 20-something adult would make up a girl friend. Or tell everyone that you have a girlfriend that you have never actually met.

Worst case scenario: He is a sociopath who used the story for publicity, and also an idiot for not thinking anyone would find out.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I think you're completely off base on a couple of things:

1. Millions and millions of people know the entire Lance Armstrong story, and this really is a big news story.
2. Worldwide, the Tour de France is an enormous sporting event. In the US, it's also pretty relevant.

On a football message board in the midwest, people find Teo interesting and relevant, but at the macro level, who is this Man-guy Te'o? This story will fade quickly, but the Armstrong case actually has a lot of far reaching consequences, and other stories that are related to it.

I can't believe you dorks are still discussing this! 168 poasts in this thread. Wow.
WHO CARES?!?!?!?
racer, you of all people should have something bettar to think and talk about. :p;)

I can't believe you dorks are still discussing this! 168 poasts in this thread. Wow.
WHO CARES?!?!?!?
racer, you of all people should have something bettar to think and talk about. :p;)

Scorp, you are just ****** because eventually everyone is going to figure out that Manti Te'o girlfriend is another one of our alts.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I think you're completely off base on a couple of things:

1. Millions and millions of people know the entire Lance Armstrong story, and this really is a big news story.
2. Worldwide, the Tour de France is an enormous sporting event. In the US, it's also pretty relevant.

On a football message board in the midwest, people find Teo interesting and relevant, but at the macro level, who is this Man-guy Te'o? This story will fade quickly, but the Armstrong case actually has a lot of far reaching consequences, and other stories that are related to it.

But, Teo is funnier. :)

teoing-6.jpg

WHO CARES?!?!?!?

This is funniest story in sports history.

Latest posts