Mangino's comments about Iowa corners

ChosenChildren

He said that Iowa's corners are going to be playing in the NFL (article in the Des Moines Register). Wow. High praise from a very experienced coach. Get Ott back, and I think we have a pretty salty defense for the Big Ten games. It sure would be interesting to be 4-0 when we go to Madison to play the Badgers. I think we have a puncher's chance up there....

He said that Iowa's corners are going to be playing in the NFL (article in the Des Moines Register). Wow. High praise from a very experienced coach. Get Ott back, and I think we have a pretty salty defense for the Big Ten games. It sure would be interesting to be 4-0 when we go to Madison to play the Badgers. I think we have a puncher's chance up there....
I don't think it's a concern with Maybin, but I really hope that King doesn't skip his senior season.

I don't think it's a concern with Maybin, but I really hope that King doesn't skip his senior season.

He could always change his mind, but there is this: "I'm not leaving early at all," King said. "Getting a degree is something that is very important for me. Football is No. 1. But so is my education."

I think Jackson will devop into a great replacement for King in the next two years.

Are King and Maybin in the same class ( I am feeling to lazy to look it up. )

Both of them are playing very well but this year and next they want to prove they are shut down capable.

And King might be able to prove he is very valuable as a returner.

Iowa has a long line of DBs in the NFL. Help me list them.

Sanders
Constatine
Godfrey
Fletcher
Spavey (sp?)

??

Spievey

Pagel
Prater
Hyde

Bernstine 7th round draft pick, but tore up his knee before his rookie season.

Actually, Iowa State's receivers were very easy to defend. Iowa's DB's didn't have to respect the run at all.

Wow Tom Knight? That's going back aways. He was dang good too haven't heard that name forever. Jovon Johnson is still playing in Canada I think. He's carved himself out a long career up there.

Latest posts