Mangino's comments about Iowa corners

I don't think it's a concern with Maybin, but I really hope that King doesn't skip his senior season.

ive talked with him

king loves Iowa football and the u of I life. "Not unless we win the national title"

fwiw

Last edited:
Benjamin Sapp II :)

And Mike Stoops played three games for the Bears as a replacement during the 1987 NFL Strike after being UFA that didn't originally catch on with the Bears and Falcons.

These type of threads remind me that for a middle-of-the pack BIG team school KF has made a lot of dudes millionaires.......Okay, maybe not millionaires, but they earned a good chunk of change playing football post college.

I can go back to Paul Krause.... does that date me?

No it doesnt as even younger hawk fans should know their hawk history and great players like Krause and Clemons.

Does Krause still hold the record for career nfl interceptions (done back in the day before all the passing attacks became the fancy).

He said that Iowa's corners are going to be playing in the NFL (article in the Des Moines Register). Wow. High praise from a very experienced coach. Get Ott back, and I think we have a pretty salty defense for the Big Ten games. It sure would be interesting to be 4-0 when we go to Madison to play the Badgers. I think we have a puncher's chance up there....

Puncher's chance? Better than that IMO

Wow Tom Knight? That's going back aways. He was dang good too haven't heard that name forever. Jovon Johnson is still playing in Canada I think. He's carved himself out a long career up there.

And Damien Robinson (1996) was a stud.

Wow Tom Knight? That's going back aways. He was dang good too haven't heard that name forever. Jovon Johnson is still playing in Canada I think. He's carved himself out a long career up there.

When the Cardinals selected him in the First Round, Mel Kiper's reaction was stunned amazement and critical of the selection.
Then, Hayden, upon hearing that, uttered his, something along the lines of "I'd like to introduce Mr. Kiper to a jockstrap."

No it doesnt as even younger hawk fans should know their hawk history and great players like Krause and Clemons.

Does Krause still hold the record for career nfl interceptions (done back in the day before all the passing attacks became the fancy).

Actually Paul Krause does still own the record for most interceptions in NFL history. He has one more than Emlen Tunnell. Interestingly enough, both of these guys are former Hawkeyes.

Last edited:
Just like all them cyclones thought the mayor would never leave Iowa state! Money talks! Either way best of luck to them once a hawk always a hawk would love to have them back tho!

King has been impressive since day 1. Mabin has really been good this year. Like him a lot. I have my eye on the Snyder kid for next year replacing lomax. Has real good size, athletic ability, toughness. I think he is going to be very good

Latest posts