Make sure you stretch first.............

westender

When you all want back on the bandwagon when the Hawks win, make sure you stretch properly before making the leap. Don't want to strain yourselves. I know it will be difficult from going to complain about pretty much everything to being positive, but you know you can do it.

HAWKS!

Oh buddy I just hope there's room on that bandwagon after we beat the mighty FCS Illinois St. Redbirds. You're effing kidding me, right? You see, threads like this **** me off worse than Greg Davis' ****** play calling. You come at us with this crap? Good gawd

When you all want back on the bandwagon when the Hawks win, make sure you stretch properly before making the leap. Don't want to strain yourselves. I know it will be difficult from going to complain about pretty much everything to being positive, but you know you can do it.

HAWKS!

While I so badly want you to be correct, it's gonna take at Least a 2-0 start before the bandwagon even get wheels put on it. 3-0 and we can through some paint on the thing. 4-0 and it mabye starts rolling. 5-0 and it'll be full except for a very few stalwarts of doom.

Massive if's

Happily stretch and jump back on but not before at least 2-0. AND it would not surprise me in the least of we start 1-1 or even 0-2. We just do t have the talent.

HAWKS!

Make sure you don't fill up on brats. You'll want to be nice and hungry for your turd sammich Kirk will be serving you. He might not serve them the first game of the year but it will come. Its the only thing we can count on from kirk.

Hawks are going to have to start winning some games first. Honestly, I think we're going to have to get well into October before I start to conclude that KF is getting things shaped up again. Even 2-0 won't prove much to me.. A home win over an FCS opponent, and win over a crap ISU team? Nope. Gonna have to do a little more than that before I'm convinced.

If we get through most of October and the Hawks are sitting at 6-2 or 7-1, especially with this schedule - then sure, I'll gladly eat crow and admit that KF is doing a fine job with this team. Until then, the results of the past 5 years are really all I have to go by. I have no more blind faith to offer.

I love these way-too-early "don't strain yourself getting back on the bandwagon" threads, before Iowa has even played a single game. Granted, this also means people shouldn't be b!tching about the team yet, either.

Let's wait and let the team play some games before making judgmental threads about the fans and how this season is going to shake out. Deal?

Last edited:
I've tried to remain positive this whole time. That said, I don't see it everyone jumping off the bandwagon, but rather concern that things seen as red flags that have been detrimental to the success of the program continue to go on uncorrected as if everything is going to fix itself.

Never get to up after a win or too down after a loss. I think its completely logical to support the program while addressing concerns. Unfortunately on a message board there's always extremists on either side of the fence.

I for one am ecstatic that the season's finally here and hope its a great year. That said I'm prepared for some good wins, bad losses, and some WTF moments along the way. Lets all just sit back and prepare for the ride and whatever the season has in store for us.

200.gif

OOOOOO, OUCH! You told me ...

HAWKS!
Thanks for the post coach Ferentz!

HAWKS!

Did HawkNick create another username??

I have never been off the hawkeye teams bandwagon but I have openly disagreed/complained about some KF moves the last few years or so even back to 2005.

Oh buddy I just hope there's room on that bandwagon after we beat the mighty FCS Illinois St. Redbirds. You're effing kidding me, right? You see, threads like this **** me off worse than Greg Davis' ****** play calling. You come at us with this crap? Good gawd

A new season my friend. Until we play some games we don't know for sure. Since we are 0-0 let's wait 4 or 5 games to see what we might have. I don't believe in scorched earth until we know we are terrible this season. As bad as many people speak of the program right now I am not sure why they still follow it. Why not go away and ignore it until changes you believe need to be made are made. Pretty much every person complaining will still watch in person, watch on tv or listen on the radio. All that adds $ into the coffers. You cannot say for certain how the season will go. No one knows. I'd rather be optimistic starting out.

Kirk fan- I refuse to make judgement till the season starts....

Kirk fan- I refuse to make judgement till the season is over....

Kirk fan- Im not happy with the way the season turned out...

Summer

Kirk fan- You guys are always soo negative. Kirk is a good guy. I think he has another good year in him.

Repeat.

A new season my friend. Until we play some games we don't know for sure. Since we are 0-0 let's wait 4 or 5 games to see what we might have. I don't believe in scorched earth until we know we are terrible this season. As bad as many people speak of the program right now I am not sure why they still follow it. Why not go away and ignore it until changes you believe need to be made are made. Pretty much every person complaining will still watch in person, watch on tv or listen on the radio. All that adds $ into the coffers. You cannot say for certain how the season will go. No one knows. I'd rather be optimistic starting out.

I'll not "go away". This is my team. KF should leave as well as all the "enablers" who still support this #$^. Ia State is thata way for all of you who love garbage football and blind loyalty to coaching staffs.

HAWKS!

If there is ONE thing that IMO Is one of the ******* stupidest most uneducated overly used terms is that word BANDWAGON. Seriously it's like giving the finger to fellow fan because they see thing differently than you.

I'm sure westender that Hawk Fans will find it difficult to Be happy if you're right when Ipwa has a great season. I'm sure they are going to be ****** off. Keep doing what you doing blasting one of the best college fan bases in the country because we have been mediocre for quite sometime and fans want more!!

I love the Hawks and have for 46 years!!!! This Post is childish and ignorant~~

If there is ONE thing that IMO Is one of the ******* stupidest most uneducated overly used terms is that word BANDWAGON. Seriously it's like giving the finger to fellow fan because they see thing differently than you.

I'm sure westender that Hawk Fans will find it difficult to Be happy if you're right when Ipwa has a great season. I'm sure they are going to be ****** off. Keep doing what you doing blasting one of the best college fan bases in the country because we have been mediocre for quite sometime and fans want more!!

I love the Hawks and have for 46 years!!!! This Post is childish and ignorant~~

Whaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! I can't even be optimistic starting a new season according to you and I can't have an opinion. Nope not according to 46 year fan. Big street cred with the year drop. So if I have fewer years of fandom I cannot have my voice heard. Its like a union of sorts. Have you complained 45 of those 46 years? Where did you get your education and what level of education do you have since you attack mine? I'll put mine against yours any day of the week.

Whaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! I can't even be optimistic starting a new season according to you and I can't have an opinion. Nope not according to 46 year fan. Big street cred with the year drop. So if I have fewer years of fandom I cannot have my voice heard. Its like a union of sorts. Have you complained 45 of those 46 years? Where did you get your education and what level of education do you have since you attack mine? I'll put mine against yours any day of the week.

Welcome to middle school, folks.

Latest posts