Make sure you stretch first.............

When you all want back on the bandwagon when the Hawks win, make sure you stretch properly before making the leap. Don't want to strain yourselves. I know it will be difficult from going to complain about pretty much everything to being positive, but you know you can do it.

HAWKS!

I'm more or less a neutral in all of this but does this mean the Kirk lovers should limber up their quads and hammies before jumping on the "Kirk has to go" bandwagon should we lose to an FCS team or even start 1-2 or 0-3 this year?

A new season my friend. Until we play some games we don't know for sure. Since we are 0-0 let's wait 4 or 5 games to see what we might have. I don't believe in scorched earth until we know we are terrible this season. As bad as many people speak of the program right now I am not sure why they still follow it. Why not go away and ignore it until changes you believe need to be made are made. Pretty much every person complaining will still watch in person, watch on tv or listen on the radio. All that adds $ into the coffers. You cannot say for certain how the season will go. No one knows. I'd rather be optimistic starting out.

No it isn't. Yes we do. Let's not. Yes you do. Yes you are. No they won't. No it doesn't. Yes we can. Yes we do. No you wouldn't.

Happily stretch and jump back on but not before at least 2-0. AND it would not surprise me in the least of we start 1-1 or even 0-2. We just do t have the talent.

You don't think we have the talent to beat ISU and ISU!? That might be the most negative post I've read on here yet.

I'm guessing we probably won't start 2-0 too. But it has nothing to do with our talent.

Make sure you don't fill up on brats. You'll want to be nice and hungry for your turd sammich Kirk will be serving you. He might not serve them the first game of the year but it will come. Its the only thing we can count on from kirk.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he also served up some Oranges? Possibly housed within a bowl?

Kirk fan- I refuse to make judgement till the season starts....

Kirk fan- I refuse to make judgement till the season is over....

Kirk fan- Im not happy with the way the season turned out...

Summer

Kirk fan- You guys are always soo negative. Kirk is a good guy. I think he has another good year in him.

Repeat.

Why do you even pay attention then? If I had such serious issues with a team and a coach, I sure as heck would not sit around and whine about them. I'd go golfing on fall saturdays or get out and do something else and not even pay attention to it until the news hit that the changes I so wanted had been made. Try it. Your life will be better.

I'll not "go away". This is my team. KF should leave as well as all the "enablers" who still support this #$^. Ia State is thata way for all of you who love garbage football and blind loyalty to coaching staffs.

Not a clone fan, but they do fire coaches unlike the Hawkeyes. I mean Davis has got to go. I'm not sure how many more 3 yd curl routes I can handle!

If the hawks start out 4-0 I will jump back on the bandwagon going into Wisconsin. Beating Illinois State, Iowa State and North Texas basically means nothing except doing what a school like Iowa is supposed to do.

I've tried to remain positive this whole time. That said, I don't see it everyone jumping off the bandwagon, but rather concern that things seen as red flags that have been detrimental to the success of the program continue to go on uncorrected as if everything is going to fix itself.

Never get to up after a win or too down after a loss. I think its completely logical to support the program while addressing concerns. Unfortunately on a message board there's always extremists on either side of the fence.

I for one am ecstatic that the season's finally here and hope its a great year. That said I'm prepared for some good wins, bad losses, and some WTF moments along the way. Lets all just sit back and prepare for the ride and whatever the season has in store for us.

Sanest post in the thread. And those WTF moments can come at any time. How many of them did we have in 2009 alone, a very good season?

Latest posts