Luke Garza Hype Train

Wow...catching up on the posts of the day...I guess Iowa has always had elite PG play and still does...

Cool...

I'll be the first to eat crow on Luka. I was very high on him before the season because of his size and he had some great offers out of high school. He is not near the defender I expected him to be and he's much slower running the court than I thought he could be. I wish he would have redshirted at this point.

Yeah I heard all the hype on he and Nunge too, and bought in to it some. They will both be nice players, but bottom line is the speed of the college game is moving much too fast for them right now.

Elite at spreading the ball and elite at feeding the post. There are Iowa teams in the past where Bohannon would look like an average player. But the way this team fits around him, he will look like one of the best.

I think you jinxed him!

I learned not to get excited about hype (Helmers is as good as Raef Lafrentz!), other schools offers (hey NC wanted Woodbury!) and awards (Gatorade Player Of The Year!) a loooooooooooong time ago.

Give Garza some time. Just because he isn't a one and done big guy doesn't mean he won't develop. He's got offensive skills he's just going to take time to adjust to the college game. Put 10 to 20 more lbs of muscle on him and I think he'll be good. It's just unfair to expect him to be a double double machine right out of the gate.

Wow...catching up on the posts of the day...I guess Iowa has always had elite PG play and still does...

Cool...

well, someone stole (we think ISU) the ronnie lester DNA that we've been using to clone our pg's. someone needs to investigate this immediately.

let's not forget that Garza was not an elite level recruit until he blossomed prior to his SR season. That is what got him into top 100 rankings. garza worked his but off on his deficiencies and made himself a top recruit. His offer list: G'town, IU, PSU, 'Bama, Louisville, kNU, ND, S. Car, Va Tech, UGA. That's as legit an offer list as you can have. It ain't elite, but it is as legit as the day is long.

Oh man, you got me.
Shoot.
I guess it stands then, Garz will def adjust to the game.

no, i simply asked you to provide your proof. its all speculation whether he adjusts or doesn't. you don't think he will. I do. i asked you to provide why you don't. look at my last post. i at least provide my reasoning why. sure, both of us are speculating; but i provided something to back up my point.

Garza is a Freshman center. Clearly our expectations were unrealistic.

Right now I'm a lot higher on Nunge. He's got size and a nice stroke. He really might turn into Uthoff but sooner.

The last I remember I someone named Luca he failed to get the job done and currently sleeps with the fishes.

The kid needs work.....and someone needs to work with him on his free throw shooting like now.

no, i simply asked you to provide your proof. its all speculation whether he adjusts or doesn't. you don't think he will. I do. i asked you to provide why you don't. look at my last post. i at least provide my reasoning why. sure, both of us are speculating; but i provided something to back up my point.

I'm trying to think of a Fran post player who actually improved before his senior year, and I'm having trouble.
Helll, trying to think of any Fran player, besides maybe Jok, who improved.

So there is my data: I haven't seen it happen yet.

I'm trying to think of a Fran post player who actually improved before his senior year, and I'm having trouble.
Helll, trying to think of any Fran player, besides maybe Jok, who improved.

So there is my data: I haven't seen it happen yet.

Gabe Olaseni.

I learned not to get excited about hype (Helmers is as good as Raef Lafrentz!), other schools offers (hey NC wanted Woodbury!) and awards (Gatorade Player Of The Year!) a loooooooooooong time ago.
Helmers = Lafrentz? LMAO! I'm glad I missed that one.

Latest posts