LSU v. Bama- Who's not watching

hawkfarmer

I watched the first game and I don't see the need to watch this one. I wish nobody would so that the BCS would get terrible ratings and realize that putting 2 SEC schools as a rematch was a horrible idea. I know it won't happen, but I will read here tomorrow to see who won. No biggie.

Plenty of people will watch. Apparently it's just cool to say you won't.

I know a lot of people will watch which is why the BCS will have great ratings and this will be a success. I won't watch the game at all. I have better things to do than watch a rematch of teams. It's unfortunate that so many will encourage this.

I will not be watching because 1) I'm cool and 2) it's a damn shame and I don't want to support it.

And for the record, I was not watching it before it was cool.

I'll watch if I don't have much else going on.. Otherwise the only intrigue to me is "Which SEC team will be the national champion THIS year?"

I still don't get this. Just how many Big Ten fans were clamoring for a rematch between Michigan and Ohio State in 2006? If there were ever going to be a rematch, this was the year for it. LSU runs the table, but both 'Bama and Oregon lost early enough in the season to make it to the title game with one loss.

I'm watching, and I'm not p*ssed off about the matchup. These are the two best teams in the country this year, and I want to see them go at it one more time.

I would not have been excited about a Michigan/OSU matchup in 2006. And I'm not saying that LSU & Alabama aren't deserving.. It's just that watching two SEC teams play for yet another title for the league doesn't intrigue me that much.

I was more interested last year when it was Oregon vs. Auburn - at least it was two teams that typically aren't powerhouses playing for the title. I find that more intriguing than Duke vs Uconn for the NCAA Hoops title every year, or Yankees/Phillies in the World Series every year, etc.

After I get off work, go to the Y, get home and settled, I will turn it on. Should be good for the 2nd half, but I care about as much for the game tonight as I did the bowl game last night.

I would not have been excited about a Michigan/OSU matchup in 2006. And I'm not saying that LSU & Alabama aren't deserving.. It's just that watching two SEC teams play for yet another title for the league doesn't intrigue me that much.

I was more interested last year when it was Oregon vs. Auburn - at least it was two teams that typically aren't powerhouses playing for the title. I find that more intriguing than Duke vs Uconn for the NCAA Hoops title every year, or Yankees/Phillies in the World Series every year, etc.

Fair enough, although this stance is a little different than the OP's. Not watching, in some sort of ridiculous protest, is what I don't get.

Why not? 2 best teams in the country, yeah I'm watchin. Nobody else deserved to be there. These two actually like to play defense rather than Okie State.

Fair enough, although this stance is a little different than the OP's. Not watching, in some sort of ridiculous protest, is what I don't get.

Yes - it doesn't mean I won't watch, and I see no reason to protest. Just my interest level this year isn't as high as in most years past. The fact that it's a rematch is probably also a part of it. We've seen LSU/Bama already this year.

Yes - it doesn't mean I won't watch, and I see no reason to protest. Just my interest level this year isn't as high as in most years past. The fact that it's a rematch is probably also a part of it. We've seen LSU/Bama already this year.

Same here. It's just hard to get worked up over a game where we already seen the two teams play each other. I'll still pay some attention to it, but I'm not going to go out to BDubs and toss back a few beers while I watch it either.

I didn't mean it to sound like a protest. I'm not watching cause I do not care about this game as it has been played.

My point about viewers and ratings, is that I wish the BCS title game was not decided based on this.

I'm going to watch just for the simple fact that it should be a great football game. Will be rooting for alabama just so that maybe OKState has a LONGSHOT at a shared national title. I know, won't happen.:mad:

Latest posts