LSU-Alabama Game Thread

I used to say "Well the offenses could just be that bad."

But 5 straight national championships, plus LSU's defensive performances against Oregon and West Virginia, beg to differ.

West Virginia and Oregon both moved the ball all over lsu, they just turned it over a lot. West Virginia had almost 600 yards of offense on them. These offenses just aren't that good, they both have below average qbs.

West Virginia and Oregon both moved the ball all over lsu, they just turned it over a lot. West Virginia had almost 600 yards of offense on them. These offenses just aren't that good, they both have below average qbs.

Given LSU's track record, are you sure it's a coincidence that they forced turnovers? Oregon also racked up a lot of passing yards when they were down big, and added a garbage TD late in the game. They had just 192 yards of offense through three quarters, which is almost pathetically low by Oregon's standards.

Pretty bad offensive play calling by 'Bama. LSU blitzes and 'Bama keeps calling screen passes. I've watched enough Iowa football to know the way to beat the blitz is with a 7 step drop and receivers going out in slow developing routes.

So let's see if I have this straight...

6-6 defensive struggle in he SEC...great game...EPIC game... 6-3 game in the Big Ten..ugly...boring football.

Lots of upsets in the SEC...TOUGH league...top to bottom. Upsets in the Big Ten...no really strong teams.

Am I missing anything?

So let's see if I have this straight...

6-6 defensive struggle in he SEC...great game...EPIC game... 6-3 game in the Big Ten..ugly...boring football.

Lots of upsets in the SEC...TOUGH league...top to bottom. Upsets in the Big Ten...no really strong teams.

Am I missing anything?

Some of the terminology is biased, particularly the "boring" aspect. Low-scoring can be boring, but it can be exciting, too. The SEC plays much faster, which can make even 6-6 games quite a bit more exciting/fun to watch.

Latest posts