Lowdermilk = Class

People are complaining about an interception return from the end of a two touchdown road win in conference play?

for all of you folks who say he did it because he has become 'ferentzified'......KF himself said in the post game interview that the staff told Milkit was alright to go in for 6 at that point.........Milk said he did it out of respect for the coach who recruited him when he was in high school.

for all of you folks who say he did it because he has become 'ferentzified'......KF himself said in the post game interview that the staff told Milkit was alright to go in for 6 at that point.........Milk said he did it out of respect for the coach who recruited him when he was in high school.
OK, this makes more sense now. Thanks for being specific.

Damn classy move. It appeared he could have quite easily scored.

I want Iowa to win games, but kids like Lowdermilk make me proud to be a Hawk fan.

I was hoping for a reverse flip into the endzone, followed by an elaborately rehearsed "MILK IT" celebration that features lewd hand gestures that mimic squeezing milk from a cow.

Well classy move... however College football is suck a fickle beast where margin of victory matters...

Running up the score by throwing bombs up by 30 is one thing but I can't say I loved him hitting the deck there.

Exactly correct. It was classy but being a class act in college sports will not get you far. Score the TD and really put things away.

You can also look at it from another side. If you don't score it shows you feel sorry for the other team and that's disrespectful to them. Play a full 60 minutes please.

John Lowdermilk chose not to try for a TD on last interception out of respect for Purdue's coach Hazell. Classy guy.

Not that it matters this year, but KF hasn't realized that you can't sit on it and get into the 4 team playoff. Results against teams is in the selection criteria. Blow teams out. This will be a deal breaker for KF teams. See the blowout? Other coaches have figured this out.

Not that it matters this year, but KF hasn't realized that you can't sit on it and get into the 4 team playoff. Results against teams is in the selection criteria. Blow teams out. This will be a deal breaker for KF teams. See the blowout? Other coaches have figured this out.

You guys really pick odd things to fret over.

I was at game, and Purdue fans sitting around us said the same thing. Exact quote was "University of Iowa does it right from coaches on down" Go Hawks

It was Lowdermilks choice, not KFs. And he made the classy and right choice.

We lost to isu, we are not making the playoff. I am completely OK if people wanna blame KF for losing to isu...yet again, its infuriating.

By the way, NO B1G team is making the playoff unless nebby goes undefeated (which would make me sick) or unlesss MSU or OSU wins out in impressive fashion.

Hey, we won by 14...baby steps...

It was Lowdermilks choice, not KFs. And he made the classy and right choice.

We lost to isu, we are not making the playoff. I am completely OK if people wanna blame KF for losing to isu...yet again, its infuriating.

By the way, NO B1G team is making the playoff unless nebby goes undefeated (which would make me sick) or unlesss MSU or OSU wins out in impressive fashion.

Hey, we won by 14...baby steps...

I'm so glad you picked up on the part where I said "Not that it matter this year". Why do you think I said that, yes, because they lost to IA State. I like the classy move as many here and I wish it could always be like that. All I'm saying is that winning margin against teams in the future is going to play in the minds of who select the teams. Winning by 7-10 pts each and every week will not cut it selection time. That's all I'm saying. But, I do like the classy move of kneeling down. Unfortunately, that is not going to play in the favor of teams with KF's philosophy. Yes, it was Milk's decision which is fine, but that comes down from what is instilled in them from the top, especially those who have been in the program for a few years. The young player in the UNI game ran it back, prob to KF's dismay at the time in the game. That's fine. It's his team, but it ends up coming from the top. I'm proud to be represented by the way they play, though.

Notice all the blowouts this year, other teams are not letting off the foot, especially the teams who may be in contention for the playoff. Just sayin'.

Damn classy move. It appeared he could have quite easily scored.

I want Iowa to win games, but kids like Lowdermilk make me proud to be a Hawk fan.

I actually didn't find his explanation "classy". I found it weirdly selfish.

If he were on my team and I learned he opted not to score because of some arbitrary opinion he held for the opposing coach, I'd be annoyed. It's a team sport and there are other ways to pay respect. Score the TD, put them away, make the final score look better for Iowa.

John Lowdermilk chose not to try for a TD on last interception out of respect for Purdue's coach Hazell. Classy guy.

THUMPS UP!! I'm glad this thread was already here, as I came on today to do the same thing.

John was Defensive player of game, or at least Co-Def Player with Nate Meier.
John lead team in Tackles on Saturday and had 2 interceptions.

John should win Big Ten Def Player of Week, imho.

LOWDERMILK is now the kind of Milk to drink, kids.

I didn't think it had anything to do with class, it was just the smart thing to do in that situation. Some of the biggest egomaniacs in the NFL would've done the same exact thing, not because they're classy guys, but because they know what to do in every situation.

Guess I'm willing to do without a championship then. I'm guessing you would like to have a classless puke like Jamies Winston playing for Iowa.

Or, pretty much ANY Player in a Nebraska uniform.

John Lowdermilk epitomizes the overlooked, hard-working over achiever that
symbolizes Hawkeye football.

I didn't think it had anything to do with class, it was just the smart thing to do in that situation. Some of the biggest egomaniacs in the NFL would've done the same exact thing, not because they're classy guys, but because they know what to do in every situation.

True as well.

KF has a NFL background and it shows in his coaching & philosophy.

Unfortunately, college only has a 4 team playoff for 100+ teams, the NFL has and expanded playoff for 30+ teams. Scoring margin is not that important in NFL games as there are division champs, wild teams & so forth.

True as well.

KF has a NFL background and it shows in his coaching & philosophy.

Unfortunately, college only has a 4 team playoff for 100+ teams, the NFL has and expanded playoff for 30+ teams. Scoring margin is not that important in NFL games as there are division champs, wild teams & so forth.
I think you are vastly overrating the weight the selection committee will give to running up the score.

Sure, there are more teams, but the selection committee is really only going to be looking at a dozen or so of those. They can look at more than just the final score, and in fact there are at least a few people on the selection committee who would likely more credit to a classy move than an empty touchdown.

PLAYOFF? Did you say playoff? I'm just hoping we can win another game!

Latest posts