Lowdermilk = Class

4:59 left in 3rd. score 10-10. Iowa has a 17 play drive and on 4th & 3 goes for first down instead of FG. After that long of a drive with game tied I think you have to put 3 points on the board. The offense gets a reward and the opposing defense doesn't get a moral victory for keeping the game tied.

2:12 left in game. score 24-10. Iowa goes for it on 4th and goal on the 5. I think you kick the FG and go up 3 scores. Game over.

The additional benefit is on these chip shots, the Hawk kicker gets more game execution and confidence.

While I agree, both are NFL coaching moves... conservative. How many posters on here have called for Kirk to be more of a gambler and go for it on 4th and whatever? And now many of those same posters on here (not necessarily you DD) are calling him out for being too risky and leaving points on the field? As Ed Podolak said to a post-game caller, you can't have it both ways.

I get going for it on the first one. The team struggles in the red zone and they need to get better. They need all the red zone plays they can get right now. I liked that call.

On the last one...it was already over...and didn't matter. That Purdue offense was never ever going to score two TDs on our defense...they hadn't scored one all game.

That shows how you comment without the facts. When a link is posted how about actually reading or viewing the video instead of just making comments about said link or interview?
No link was posted and OP did not mention the recruiting connection. I thanked ankle23 for shedding more light on the situation.

Mr. Davis Osborne ran up the score all the time, and let all kinds of thugs and woman-beaters play on his teams, yet somehow he still gets credit for being a "classy" guy. Don't ask me how.

Osborne beat an opponent to the point where there was no doubt. Then, with that established...he played the backups.

KFz never gets to that point...nor will he with his current approach to offense. He needs serious testosterone therapy. It's hard to comprehend a guy at his level, getting paid what he does, that is completely oblivious to the idea of crushing an opponent, and showing you're a superior team.

I'd love to get him in a room with a credible psychiatrist for an hour.... to find out WTF controls him. why is he so owned....by the fear of his players making a mistake.

Last edited:
[video]http://www.press-citizen.com/videos/sports/college/iowa/gameday-football/2014/09/27/16349977/[/video]

Latest posts