Losing to Western Michigan

HawkeyeDenis

Up until this point I have been on the band wagon with Kirk and the gang. I haven't called for his head and I am not going to start, but at this point if Iowa loses to Western Michigan, to me it's a clear indication that this association with Coach Ferentz isn't working. The product we are seeing on the field isn't matching the money being spent.

Three games. One loss, granted to a very good Northern Illinois team. But a loss never the less. And two more games that Iowa should have dominated easily. Statistics are nice but they don't always win games. And if Iowa doesn't start showing some solid effort, this may be the point that we later look to as the proverbial straw that ended the Kirk Ferentz era.

Dear god these posts are played out. What if we win every other game this year and finish 10-2? Is the Western Michigan loss still going to be the "proverbial straw"?

The team needs to win. We get it.

This shouldn't even be brought up. I know we lost to Central Michigan last year but we were a horrid team last year. We are still a mediocre team this year but I see them continuing to improve. Losing to Western Michigan shouldn't even be given any consideration at this point.

So just to get things straight, you're on board of KF, yet you're outlining you're departure reasoning for jumping off the band wagon in the event that we lose a game that we haven't even played yet. Sounds like you're really on board. In my opinion the way you worded this post makes it clear you've already jumped ship and are looking to justify it.

So just to get things straight, you're on board of KF, yet you're outlining you're departure reasoning for jumping off the band wagon in the event that we lose a game that we haven't even played yet. Sounds like you're really on board. In my opinion the way you worded this post makes it clear you've already jumped ship and are looking to justify it.

You miss the point. He means that if they lose to Western that's the LAST straw to him. Much has happened that is bad up until that game.

Dear god these posts are played out. What if we win every other game this year and finish 10-2? Is the Western Michigan loss still going to be the "proverbial straw"?

The team needs to win. We get it.

If that situation plays out, then the W. Michigan game would be yet another one of many head-scratching losses, where the team found a way to lose to a team it should have been able to handle. I don't know what the spread is for this game, and I don't really care, but I'm sure I don't have to remind anyone of Iowa's record as heavy favorites the last several years. It hasn't been pretty, so losing to teams we shouldn't has clearly been a problem.

However, I'm not going to worry that much about what happens if Iowa loses to W. Michigan until it actually happens. It will hopefully be moot point.

And Who are you? The forum Police? You know when this gets played out? When they get back to playing like they should. And you really think these guys can go 10-2? Give me a break! My call is 6-6 and I can't even see that at this point.

Don't kid yourself. They not above losing to Western Michigan or Minnesota.

Up until this point I have been on the band wagon with Kirk and the gang. I haven't called for his head and I am not going to start, but at this point if Iowa loses to Western Michigan, to me it's a clear indication that this association with Coach Ferentz isn't working. The product we are seeing on the field isn't matching the money being spent.

Three games. One loss, granted to a very good Northern Illinois team. But a loss never the less. And two more games that Iowa should have dominated easily. Statistics are nice but they don't always win games. And if Iowa doesn't start showing some solid effort, this may be the point that we later look to as the proverbial straw that ended the Kirk Ferentz era.

You miss the point. He means that if they lose to Western that's the LAST straw to him. Much has happened that is bad up until that game.

Doesn't sound like he's implying it's the last straw to him. Pretty sure he used we regarding the fanbase. My point is, why go into a game against what is arguably a weaker opponent and title the thread "losing to Western Michigan"? As I stated in my opinion it clearly sounds, based on the way its wrote, that deepdown he's already stepped off the band wagon and is looking for justification.

I'm not arguing that this team passes the eye test as a "pretty" product. All I'm saying is regardless of what the record is and how close the games have been (I truly feel the Missouri State game was no where near as close as the score made it out to be) we just won last week on the road at a place that we've struggled recently. This team has shown growth and I feel regardless of what they do this weekend that point remains.

And I'm sorry but I simply don't buy the argument that the effort isn't there, whether that means the coaches or the players.

When has effort ever been an issue under Ferentz? I believe he mentioned it once in 2006. Other than that I'm not sure what you have to back that up. I can buy lack of talent, sub par gameday coaching, poor clock management, bad play calling & execution. But even the Ferentz haters don't usually come with lack of solid effort.

Im as adamant of a KF supporter that there is around here and I would be off the ship if Iowa loses tomorrow to WMU. Iowa is better than last year and WMU is terrible....worse than CMU last year. With WMU's rushing defense there should be no way Iowa loses this game.

I still like Iowa big in this one.

Denis, lol..................looks like you caught the kf defenders in a very defensive mood today.

Speaking of defensive moods you jumped to his aid awfully quickly. All I'm saying is that people either still believe in this program under KF or they don't. If they're clinging to the fence and looking to jump ship stating a hypothetical loss in a game that hasn't been played could be that point then IMO they've already made their mind up.

pretty much have this thread every week. just depends on the team iowa plays that week. people were ready to jump off last week if iowa lost to iowa state.

Speaking of defensive moods you jumped to his aid awfully quickly. All I'm saying is that people either still believe in this program under KF or they don't. If they're clinging to the fence and looking to jump ship stating a hypothetical loss in a game that hasn't been played could be that point then IMO they've already made their mind up.
Think everybody knows where I stand.

Latest posts