Losing to Western Michigan

Short answer, I don't know. Longer answer: I am in agreement that Iowa could get somebody worse than kf. No question that could happen, but there are always a lot of coordinators and hc's who are very willing to take on the task. There are many examples of coaches not working out. Chizek at Isu comes to mind. There are other good examples of coaches doing well. I'm not one who lives by with the motto: "we could get somebody worse".

Freed loves his hawks. Freed's daddy loved these hawks and his daddy loved them too. He doesn't understand how Kirk can face these men who leave there blood sweat and tears on the field. Kirk isn't good enough. He doesn't know who can replace Kirk and how are we going to face Minnesota next week?!?!

good God, I feel like beating my head against a wall, every time I read these posts. And yet, I still read the darn things....yes, there are quite a few things about Kirk that leave me scratching my head, yet I still support him. I still feel he can get us back to where we were. I actually have met him, a few times at charity events. yes, he and Mary do a lot of charity work. Which is great. They are very nice and caring people. He sure seems like a great guy, as does Mary. My cousin plays for the Hawks, and his folks cant speak high enough about Kirk, and everyone in the program. Now can we get back to talking football, and stop kicking this nonbreathing equine?

I think with this Iowa team it will be one game at a time and take the wins where we can get them. I think we all realize this is not a world-beater Iowa team. I admit that Kirk needs to get this ship heading in the right direction, but I give them credit for going into Ames and dominating the game - minus the last 7 minutes. True, ISU is not very good. But we have had much better teams go into Ames and walk away with a loss. I have tempered my expectations .. meaning I will just enjoy any win ... and then just shrug my shoulders at any losses.

Freed's daddy loved these hawks and his daddy loved them too.

Doubt my Grandpa even knew who the hawks were. He was an old time farmer with a very strong work ethic. Part of the "Greatest Generation". Sports/entertainment was almost foreign to him. My Dad was a farmer as well and never played football because his school only had baseball, basketball and track. He wasn't very sports minded at all.

I'm the only hawk in the family. My Mom with the rest of the family are avid clones. Yuck, I know.

FreedComanche

good God, I feel like beating my head against a wall, every time I read these posts. And yet, I still read the darn things....yes, there are quite a few things about Kirk that leave me scratching my head, yet I still support him. I still feel he can get us back to where we were. I actually have met him, a few times at charity events. yes, he and Mary do a lot of charity work. Which is great. They are very nice and caring people. He sure seems like a great guy, as does Mary. My cousin plays for the Hawks, and his folks cant speak high enough about Kirk, and everyone in the program. Now can we get back to talking football, and stop kicking this nonbreathing equine?

Most here feel the same...most.

You make absolutely no sense. You agree with me that quite a few of your posts do complain about how much money he makes, then you say "However, I do not and never have".

Sure, ok!
Let me see if I can jump in here with some enlightenment: Freed, if I'm wrong, let me know... Freed is saying: If KF was a good coach and Iowa received a suitable return on KF's salary investment, maybe KF's salary would be justifiable..

Freed would post: the salary amount is not what bothers him/her, Iowa's bang for the buck is what bothers freed.

Last edited:
Freed is saying the Iowa athletic department is not getting a suitable return on investment on the money invested in KF's salary. That's not the same as saying KF is being paid too much.
WTF? That's exactly the same thing. I mean, literally, both sentences mean the same thing.

Is this the world's greatest troll?

I've been involved in a few debates with professors who say 'athletic people' don't deserve the salaries they get (usually so much higher than most any other employee of the institution)..

Let me see if I can jump in here with some enlightenment: Freed, if I'm wrong, let me know... Freed is saying: If KF was a good coach and Iowa received a suitable return on KF's salary investment, maybe KF's salary would be justifiable..

Freed would post: the salary amount is not what bothers him/her, Iowa's bang for the buck is what bothers freed.

I didn't say any of what you are suggesting I said or implied.

It's simple. I just want an aggressive coach who takes responsibility for when things go wrong. We have the opposite of that now.