Looking Past Iowa State?

I’m a hawk fan. Matt Campbell in a couple of short years has put ISU back on the map in a “big” way, and he’s projected to do more damage this year. Iowa’s recent win was by a hair’s breadth … against this new-ish coach. Both local and national commentators have recognized some special talent in him – even if you disregard the ridiculous hype about his being a prospect at Ohio State. Just saying, he’s got insight to something not many can get a grasp of. Let’s hope that doesn’t appear against us. But to trash this potential “X” factor against us on 9/8, it’s scary when too many of our linemen will be missing the first game.
You're not a Hawk fan. No real Hawk fan would start and stop with the opponent's head coach, when breaking down the match up. That's total pie in the sky, look at my shiny new head coach, ISU troll shit right there. You need to up your game.

While Iowa won a shootout last year, and even thought the wide receiving core could be better this year and they always have outstanding TE's. I think since its the 1st game back for the OT's there will not be the consistency and cohesion they hoped for in game 1 and they are not going to be able to replace Wadley's explosiveness and big game plays.
You're reaching on the OT angle. It's not like they aren't practicing or are coming off of an injury. Replacing Wadley's skill set is not going to happen with our current group of RBs but they should still move the chains.

Has Matt Campbell still ever said the word "Hawkeyes?" I'm honestly asking. I still think he's not once used the word "Iowa" on it's own when referring to our squad, and has he ever uttered the word "Hawkeyes?"

Hadn't noticed, but this is interesting. Now I will try to pay attention. Seems petty, but subtle. Wonder if any reporters will try to bait him.

I predict Kempt follows ISU tradition and is benched by midseason.
giphy.gif

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/zeb-or-kempt.240789/

Been reading some threads over there. I thought they liked Campbell? Guess not.

I thought for sure he would catch some heat for how he handled the last minute or so of the game. He just let the clock wind down with little over a minute left instead of taking the last timeout and trying to stop us.

I thought for sure he would catch some heat for how he handled the last minute or so of the game. He just let the clock wind down with little over a minute left instead of taking the last timeout and trying to stop us.
Agreed. Was scratching my head at that. They're really giving it to him for naming himself OC and sucking at it. (Their words, not mine. I thought he did a fine job.)

Agreed. Was scratching my head at that. They're really giving it to him for naming himself OC and sucking at it. (Their words, not mine. I thought he did a fine job.)

I was actually really impressed with how Iowa State played. They had their chances, but a coach can only call the plays. He can't play the game. They had some passes that were dropped at crucial moments that really impacted the outcome. The one that sticks out to me was that long pass to Butler in the 4th quarter that hit him in the shoulder pads

I was actually really impressed with how Iowa State played. They had their chances, but a coach can only call the plays. He can't play the game. They had some passes that were dropped at crucial moments that really impacted the outcome. The one that sticks out to me was that long pass to Butler in the 4th quarter that hit him in the shoulder pads
I agree. I thought their good WR was pretty bad today and they seemed to think Montgomery would be able to continue to gain yards at will right into the teeth of Iowa's D without much of an OL.

"ile he wasn’t perfect last year, his players and his system have been around a while longer now, and his X factor is likely still with him. He’s currently intriguing because of his embedded staff, the mission he creates in his players, and his own seemingly mystical insights into what wins games."
I think IowaPhan needs to get a room on the beach so he and Campbell can go on some romantic walks. He's just so dreamy!

Latest posts