Lincoln Police to hold press conference Wednesday.

Are any of you really surprised? When the freaking head coach comes out and says he's never even talked to the players about it (not to mention his shaky history with sexual assualts) the writing is on the wall on how Nebraska is going to deal with it.

If they were apart of any raping or involved in it in any sort of way then get rid of them. But if they have nothing to do with it and some creep took advantage of a girl and they had no control over the situation then they should not be blamed. Our opinions on the matter shouldn't have anything to do with football.

Are any of you really surprised? When the freaking head coach comes out and says he's never even talked to the players about it (not to mention his shaky history with sexual assualts) the writing is on the wall on how Nebraska is going to deal with it.

The coach shouldn't be talking to the players about it. He has nothing to do with an ongoing investigation, nor should he. The whole process has changed how sexual assault cases are handled at major universities across the country, including at Nebraska and at Iowa.

Also, not to stick up for anyone here, because I still feel something happened....just nothing concrete to make it stick in a court, but the attorney said six people were present at the residence at the time of the assault. It is possible the alleged suspect is not even a member of the football team.

- Police have completed their investigation and forwarded their results to the Lancaster County attorney

- No arrests are going to be made, and because no arrests are being made, the Lincoln PD will not release any names of people involved

- Lancaster County attorney says no charges will be filed as there is no evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to file such charges

-

I am no lawyer, but bince when did "beyond a reasonable doubt" get added to whether or not charges are brought? Isn't that up to a jury to decide?

Obvious shenanigans are obvious. Sex is an act, it seems everyone acknowledged that it took place. Rape is a state of mind, meaning it is up to the parties involved in the act to decide if it is consensual or not. Who are the lawyers and the police officers to decide what is in the girls head?

The coach shouldn't be talking to the players about it. He has nothing to do with an ongoing investigation, nor should he. The whole process has changed how sexual assault cases are handled at major universities across the country, including at Nebraska and at Iowa.

Also, not to stick up for anyone here, because I still feel something happened....just nothing concrete to make it stick in a court, but the attorney said six people were present at the residence at the time of the assault. It is possible the alleged suspect is not even a member of the football team.

The voice of reason...

The investigation shouldn't be handled by the athletic department but if I'm a coach I'm going to have them look me in the eye and tell me they did nothing wrong before they step foot in my football facilities. But that's just me I suppose.

Let me help you out:

News conference scheduled for update in sex assault case at Huskers' home
by Nichole Manna, Lincoln Journal Star

Lincoln police have scheduled a news conference for Wednesday morning to discuss the investigation into a sexual assault reported at the home of several Husker football players.

Lancaster County Attorney Joe Kelly and Police Chief Jim Peschong will host the conference set for 8:45 a.m.

Lincoln police began investigating after a 20-year-old woman went to a Lincoln hospital Nov. 15 and said she was subjected to forced sexual intercourse at 5411 N. 11th St., police have said.

The woman said the sexual assault occurred between 2:15 and 9:30 that morning, hours after the Huskers returned from a win at Rutgers.

Husker quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. is listed in public records as a resident of the house, along with teammates Jordan Westerkamp and Trey Foster.

Lincoln Police Department spokeswoman Katie Flood said the woman identified a suspect, but a name hasn't been released.

On Nov. 18, police said there was no timeline for an end to the investigation.

Thank you sir.

Just to play devil's advocate, rape kits only prove sex was had. Even rough consensual sex can look like rape when collecting evidence.

Which group of people do you think is larger, the amount of women who like it rough or the amount of men who use it as cover for rape?

Which group of people do you think is larger, the amount of women who like it rough or the amount of men who use it as cover for rape?

I don't know. I'm not out to make opinions or guess about impossible-to-gather statistics. Just stating a simple fact with no bias either way. Simply stating that a rape kit does not show intent. It simply gathers physical evidence. It's an important tool in the investigation, but it does not prove or disprove guilt.

The coach shouldn't be talking to the players about it. He has nothing to do with an ongoing investigation, nor should he.

Assault or not, you don't think the coach should be talking to his players about judgement, especially with regard to hosting parties where underage people are supplied alcohol (GASP! I know ... but the coach should probably advise the players against it) and allegations of assault surface?

You don't think the coach should talk to his players about their profile, and what situations they should and should not get themselves into?

Obviously, 18-22 year old dudes are gonna do what they're gonna do (regarding partying and booze, not assault - which is obviously disgusting) ... but, if I'm the coach, I'm reminding these kids that they have a spotlight on them, and have to behave accordingly.

I am no lawyer, but bince when did "beyond a reasonable doubt" get added to whether or not charges are brought? Isn't that up to a jury to decide?

Obvious shenanigans are obvious. Sex is an act, it seems everyone acknowledged that it took place. Rape is a state of mind, meaning it is up to the parties involved in the act to decide if it is consensual or not. Who are the lawyers and the police officers to decide what is in the girls head?

I believe it is up to the prosecuting attorney to determine if there is enough evidence, or the evidence is concrete enough, that charges would stick in a court of law. The jury then uses the evidence to determine guilt or innocence.

I don't know. I'm not out to make opinions or guess about impossible-to-gather statistics. Just stating a simple fact with no bias either way. Simply stating that a rape kit does not show intent. It simply gathers physical evidence. It's an important tool in the investigation, but it does not prove or disprove guilt.

I understand, but the amount of people who say things like "how do you know she doesn't like it rough" when an accuser steps forward is disconcerting to say the least.

Pure speculation. Kinds of smells like she was inebriated and may have not been in her normal state of mind to make the correct decision and maybe regretted what happen in the morning. The old he said vs she said it was, was not consensual argument. If she did indeed say no during whatever happened, the perp should have stopped and honored that. If not, there was a crime.

For the prosecutor to indict a suspect (at least here in Iowa), they submit a Trial Information and Minutes of Testimony outlining the charge(s) and listing the expected testimony of their witness(es). In order for that Trial Information to be approved, a judge is supposed to read it and the Minutes and determine whether the claims made, if not contradicted, would be enough for a jury to find guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. If the prosecutor does not feel he/she has enough to meet that standard, the smart move is to not file the charges. Once the charges are filed or an arrest is made, the speedy trial deadline clock starts ticking and the time to investigate could be limited (especially for getting forensic results like DNA back). They are better off to say there's not enough evidence and continue investigating (or at least wait to see if any new witnesses come forward or evidence turns up).

For the prosecutor to indict a suspect (at least here in Iowa), they submit a Trial Information and Minutes of Testimony outlining the charge(s) and listing the expected testimony of their witness(es). In order for that Trial Information to be approved, a judge is supposed to read it and the Minutes and determine whether the claims made, if not contradicted, would be enough for a jury to find guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. If the prosecutor does not feel he/she has enough to meet that standard, the smart move is to not file the charges. Once the charges are filed or an arrest is made, the speedy trial deadline clock starts ticking and the time to investigate could be limited (especially for getting forensic results like DNA back). They are better off to say there's not enough evidence and continue investigating (or at least wait to see if any new witnesses come forward or evidence turns up).

Thanks for the information.

I'm guessing the previous poster who suggested she was inebriated and regretted what happened the next morning is probably pretty accurate. Either that or they had sex with her and then treated her like a dog afterwards and she got upset about it. I actually had two friends do that with the same girl and they haven't been my friends since they told me the story of what took place and began bragging about it. I think it's disgusting. They double teamed a girl. She initially was giving consent and then as they started to get more rough with her she told them to stop and finally asked them to get the **** out of her place before she calls the cops. I ended up getting into a bar fight with both of them because they kept laughing about it and I didn't find it funny at all. Haven't talked to them since (been about 10 years now).

If she said no at any point in time then it became rape, but that's pretty hard to prove when you have a bunch of guys saying one thing and she's saying another. It's all he said she said. If everyone acknowledges sexual activity occurred, but their stories are contradicting then it's a tough situation, but I highly doubt the guys will get into trouble.

Last edited:
I understand, but the amount of people who say things like "how do you know she doesn't like it rough" when an accuser steps forward is disconcerting to say the least.

I completely agree, and I'm not trying to say that, but maybe my statement was poorly worded and teetered on the edge of saying that. Was not my intent at all.

Latest posts