Lincoln Police to hold press conference Wednesday.

Without reading this entire string I wonder what kind of action/position did Riley take in player issues at Oregon State?

I seriously doubt either team will blow the other out, so I guess it depends on how you define kicking ***. I fully expect an all out war with a small margin of victory.

UNL to hold its own investigation.

Susan Foster, UNL’s Title IX coordinator, said even if no criminal charges are filed, the university is required by federal law to investigate whether or not the UNL student code of conduct has been violated.That requires a lower burden of proof than criminal prosecutors must meet to win a conviction in the courts -- the “greater weight of the evidenceâ€￾ rather than “proof beyond a reasonable doubt.â€￾So while Lancaster County Attorney Joe Kelly said in a news conference Wednesday morning that his office did not feel it had enough evidence to file charges, UNL investigators only must prove “it is more likely than notâ€￾ a violation has occurred.
“The evidence is weighed and if the greater weight of the evidence leans toward a violation, then our office can recommend a sanction, or multiple sanctions, depending on the situation,â€￾ Foster said.

Link

Many, or even most, of these cases are not even reported because the girl is too ashamed. She went to the hospital, so I'm guessing something bad probably happened.

I seriously doubt either team will blow the other out, so I guess it depends on how you define kicking ***. I fully expect an all out war with a small margin of victory.

Disagree.... Iowa will come out and p*$$ pound Nebby and TA will have 3 picks...Mark it!

Lincoln justice. At a press conference the police said there will be no charges because of "lack of evidence". The prosecuting attorney decided not to press charges. The officer at the press conference felt the alleged victim was "telling the truth", she took a rape kit examination at the hospital, and she identified the assailant. She filed charges, so why would a city prosecutor not believe this woman? Since all the witnesses were roommates and friends and would not collaborate her story I guess she must have been lying. The Lincoln police said it would take "weeks to months" to investigate the allegation but came out with this two days before the game. I expected them to name the football players non-suspects before the game, but to say No CHARGES is unbelievable. I have 4 daughters and to see a city base a rape investigation on the testimony of those with a vested interest (those at the party) makes me angry. This young woman will not have her day in court to let a jury decide and this is what goes for justice in Lincoln Nebraska. Unless the Lincoln police bring forth the reasons these allegations were false I'm gonna just assume a rapist got away with it, and I'm gonna assume he plays for Nebraska.

This has to be a distraction for the Nebraska football team, and particularly for Armstrong.
That's probably why the presser was held today, to soothe any nervousness before the game. Good ol' boy network in Lincoln still going strong....

Last edited:
Lincoln justice. At a press conference the police said there will be no charges because of "lack of evidence". The prosecuting attorney decided not to press charges. The officer at the press conference felt the alleged victim was "telling the truth", she took a rape kit examination at the hospital, and she identified the assailant. She filed charges, so why would a city prosecutor not believe this woman? Since all the witnesses were roommates and friends and would not collaborate her story I guess she must have been lying. The Lincoln police said it would take "weeks to months" to investigate the allegation but came out with this two days before the game. I expected them to name the football players non-suspects before the game, but to say No CHARGES is unbelievable. I have 4 daughters and to see a city base a rape investigation on the testimony of those with a vested interest (those at the party) makes me angry. This young woman will not have her day in court to let a jury decide and this is what goes for justice in Lincoln Nebraska. Unless the Lincoln police bring forth the reasons these allegations were false I'm gonna just assume a rapist got away with it, and I'm gonna assume he plays for Nebraska.

I was on a jury where a case like this came up. The police have multiple tactics to try to get to the truth in these cases. Having the victim record a call or email the a-hole to try to get an apology or a admit that it was not consensual. Finding other girlfriends/ex's to corroborate the behavior. Did they do all this in less than 10 days? Plus we were told if the victim was the only witness and you believe her testimony truthful and credible, that is all that is needed to prove something beyond a reasonable doubt. I suspect the case I was adjudicating had less evidence than this case.

Rape is a despicable crime and I believe the players should be suspended from the game pending the out come of the investigations. It appears something happened and a message has to be sent to all young men, football players or not that even being around something like this is not tolerated at the university.