Lincoln Police to hold press conference Wednesday.

Why is it that if a normal citizen is accused of something like this the police arrest first and ask questions later. After all if the women lied then she is the one who is going to be held accountable not the police. However, if it is a college athlete, then there has to be an investigation and determination before an arrest is made. That's crap!

If the allegations are true I hope they throw the book at these guys. I certainly hope the young lady will be alright. If she is lying I hope they throw the book at her. Someone needs to be made an example here, one way or the other. Let the chips fall where they may.

These things are no longer local. There has been a movement nationwide to create awareness and stop sexual assault on campus. With that kind of heightened awareness, sweeping this under the rug would blow up for every elected official from city to state and U.

When someone is going to be arrested for a felony (assuming rape is a felony in Nebraska) how is it handled versus a misdemeanor? If Mr. Policeman stops me for a traffic violation or creating a public disturbance would he or she not be the one issuing the misdemeanor citation on behalf of the state? If it is a felony would not the plaintiff be filing the complaint against the accused and the police be issuing a warrant for arrest? It seems awkward that the police would call a news conference unless a formal complaint has been filed.

Probably an announcement that charges are no longer being pursued. Move along, nothing to see here.

Last edited:
If something was going to happen, the university would make an annoucement first. No way the cops hold a press conference to say that they're going to arrest someone. One girls word vs 5 men. Who ya gonna believe?

Im not sure what's up with press conference, but because of the similar high profile law suit against Riley from his past at Oregon state; he for one will not want to see anything swept under the rug, if something does in fact exist....

It will be interesting to see if any nebby press conferences are quickly put together or scheduled for later in day or following day.

The current rumor here in Lincoln is TA and Westercamp are suspended for the game due to underage alcohol violations but there is nothing from the rape case happening yet due to not enough evidence

First and foremost, I hope the girl in question is treated fairly and is given the tools to overcome this.

Second, this has to be a huge distraction for their team even if no action is taken before Friday.

Too late for that. Keep in mind (as noted in the thread title) that this is the Lincoln PD holding the presser. No suspensions are going to be announced.

The current rumor here in Lincoln is TA and Westercamp are suspended for the game due to underage alcohol violations but there is nothing from the rape case happening yet due to not enough evidence

That would be a huge loss for nebraska but the correct course of action.

Rumor has it they were caught feeding alcohol to a gerbil...and this underage kid

lil_red.jpg

What in Nebraska's history would lead you to believe there will be any suspensions from this right now? I'll be expecting them to field their full team Friday and will be stunned if otherwise.

Cmon man you can't just throw this kind of statement out there. What legs do you have for this?

I luv it when people post links to newspaper articles that are scrambled due to subscription!!!!!

Let me help you out:

News conference scheduled for update in sex assault case at Huskers' home
by Nichole Manna, Lincoln Journal Star

Lincoln police have scheduled a news conference for Wednesday morning to discuss the investigation into a sexual assault reported at the home of several Husker football players.

Lancaster County Attorney Joe Kelly and Police Chief Jim Peschong will host the conference set for 8:45 a.m.

Lincoln police began investigating after a 20-year-old woman went to a Lincoln hospital Nov. 15 and said she was subjected to forced sexual intercourse at 5411 N. 11th St., police have said.

The woman said the sexual assault occurred between 2:15 and 9:30 that morning, hours after the Huskers returned from a win at Rutgers.

Husker quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. is listed in public records as a resident of the house, along with teammates Jordan Westerkamp and Trey Foster.

Lincoln Police Department spokeswoman Katie Flood said the woman identified a suspect, but a name hasn't been released.

On Nov. 18, police said there was no timeline for an end to the investigation.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...cle_ed0159ea-58fa-5181-826f-e2a871645493.html

From another story from the LJS, the Lincoln PD says that rape investigations can take nine months or more if evidence (DNA) needed to be tested at the Nebraska State Patrol Crime Laboratory. DNA testing results for all cases take about 130 days from the date of submission to get back to the investigating agency. In cases where an agency requests an expedited review, it is processed with in an average of 30 days. In 2014 alone, 562 DNA cases were submitted to the lab. Once the LPD investigation is completed, the department will update the public on the investigation.

Latest posts