Lickliter looks ridiculous....

There's the quote...I didn't indicate anything about his playing time, only the venom with which he's being attacked by some. And it very clearly IS the case. You can spin it any way you want, but you'd be wrong.

So now you're saying that people would be complaining as vociferously about John being part of the team even if he didn't play?

I'm surprised you haven't tried to claim you didn't imply that his relationship with the coach being a factor. LOL

Please. Stop before it becomes any more absurd.

So now you're saying that people would be complaining as vociferously about John being part of the team even if he didn't play?

I'm surprised you haven't tried to claim you didn't imply that his relationship with the coach being a factor. LOL

That isn't what he said at all.

Iowa needs to have open tryouts right now. There is no excuse for his son to be playing. I would wax the floor with him. And I was no D1 player, that's for sure.

You can't tell me in a university as big as Iowa that there aren't some ballers who can contribute some better minutes than we are getting from Lil lick. I just don't buy it.

Well there are at least two on the football team who can play hoops at a high level, McNutt & Keenan Davis--probably more. Probably Ferentz would frown at the idea of a guy on football schollie walking on

But spend a little time observing pickup games at the Fieldhouse, and you quickly will conclude that there are always guys like Daryl Moore (OK, maybe not quite Moore-like) who wouldn't disgrace themselves on a BT court.

I'd ask you to explain how what he said could be interpreted any other way, but I don't like idiot in mono, let alone stereo.

:)

i did and it is so

If John was making a fool of himself out there, you might be right. But he isn't. He handles the ball well, makes good decisions, and gets his teammates involved. Heaven forbid that his father and coach might have a better idea of his sons strengths and weaknesses than any of us do.

I'd ask you to explain how what he said could be interpreted any other way, but I don't like idiot in mono, let alone stereo.

:)

He said that that the only reason people are ******** about his playing time is because he's the coaches kid, and therefore hasen't earned and doesn't deserve to be on the floor. You and I and everyone else on this board knows that if John Neari went out and did the exact same things that Lil' Jon is doing that we would all be singing his praises.

If John was making a fool of himself out there, you might be right. But he isn't. He handles the ball well, makes good decisions, and gets his teammates involved. Heaven forbid that his father and coach might have a better idea of his sons strengths and weaknesses than any of us do.

John is getting by. Not sure why teams aren't trapping him more. I can't think of an Iowa team in the past that would have had a roster spot for John Lickliter. John has hit a few shots, and made a steal or two, but he doesn't really contribute much after that. He has managed to stay out of trouble for the most part, but he is WAY out of his league athletically.

There's only one person sounding absurd here spin doctor...keep shoveling though...:rolleyes:

may and gatens are adequate ball-handlers.

May? Seriously?
I mean I don't think Lickliter should be getting any PT at this stage of his career, but I'd rather he bring it up than Eric May. Not a rip on Eric, as he excels in other areas. Ballhandling, not one of them.

He said that that the only reason people are ******** about his playing time is because he's the coaches kid, and therefore hasen't earned and doesn't deserve to be on the floor. You and I and everyone else on this board knows that if John Neari went out and did the exact same things that Lil' Jon is doing that we would all be singing his praises.

The question is why is Lickliter getting these minutes and Neari hasn't even sniffed the floor. I can't imagine there is any talent gap there. Neither player belongs on the floor in a B10 game although I understand the necessity.

Plus you don't need to be wearing Gatens out by bringing the ball up the court under pressure! Seriously, John is fine. There may be better players at the UofI, but JL has performed better than I thought and I use to cringe when he first entered games!

May? Seriously?
I mean I don't think Lickliter should be getting any PT at this stage of his career, but I'd rather he bring it up than Eric May. Not a rip on Eric, as he excels in other areas. Ballhandling, not one of them.

who said anything about bringing the ball up the floor. He is an ok ballhandler for his position. We don't need 3 guys with point guard handles do we? Gatens can actually bring it up. May is ok with the ball, not great by any means, but he shields well.

Not talking about May and Gatens running the point and bringing the ball up (although Gatens is capable in a pinch) - they are adequate handling the ball in the half court set.

My point is that Cully needs to be playing more minutes than anyone with John Lickliter spelling him for just a few minutes a game.

Latest posts