Lickliter looks ridiculous....

John is getting by. Not sure why teams aren't trapping him more. I can't think of an Iowa team in the past that would have had a roster spot for John Lickliter. John has hit a few shots, and made a steal or two, but he doesn't really contribute much after that. He has managed to stay out of trouble for the most part, but he is WAY out of his league athletically.

Probably all of them, since there isn't a limit on how many walk-ons a team can have.

Not talking about May and Gatens running the point and bringing the ball up (although Gatens is capable in a pinch) - they are adequate handling the ball in the half court set.

My point is that Cully needs to be playing more minutes than anyone with John Lickliter spelling him for just a few minutes a game.

Cully Payne plays nearly 33 mins. a game. What more do you want???

"Cully Payne plays nearly 33 mins. a game. What more do you want???"

He's just back peddling because the original statement he made was less than dumb.

Sounds like somebody wishes his daddy was a coach growing so he could get on the court. Player bashiung of any kind proves nothing, support on the other hand might.

If my dad was coach Lickliter, then I guess I would have played for the Iowa Hawkeyes, despite my short stature and limited athletic ability.

If my dad was coach Lickliter, then I guess I would have played for the Iowa Hawkeyes, despite my short stature and limited athletic ability.
That sums it up right there for me. Someone who hasn't played at any level but yet knows everything. Stop blaming your parents for everything from your size to your athletic ability and move on. Little Lick would tear you and many other who whine about him apart if you played against him.

That sums it up right there for me. Someone who hasn't played at any level but yet knows everything. Stop blaming your parents for everything from your size to your athletic ability and move on. Little Lick would tear you and many other who whine about him apart if you played against him.

I was bigger, stronger and just as quick as John Lickliter is and I did play basketball in H.S. I was a good HS player and now I am a good player in old man league (I am 35 now), but I am not nor was I ever a D1 basketball talent, nor is John Lickliter.

I play at the Field House a couple days a week and I am absolutely positive there are some kids who could contribute quite a bit more at this level. This is not meant to be a knock on Lil Lick, it just is what it is.

He played up there all the time last year as a redshirt and fit in way to much if that makes any sense.

If you give a lot of these people the ability to work out and practice every day at the D1 level it makes a big difference.

I was bigger, stronger and just as quick as John Lickliter is and I did play basketball in H.S. I was a good HS player and now I am a good player in old man league (I am 35 now), but I am not nor was I ever a D1 basketball talent, nor is John Lickliter.
Well John has logged more minutes and scored more points than you at the D1 level, seems to me he is a D1 player. Just cause the kids isn't the next Chris Paul doesn't mean a 35 year old wanna be needs to bash a kids that goes to class, practices and earns his paying time. I think your little beef should be at Tucker for getting into trouble because John doesn't see the floor if Tucker is playing. It's was good to have another ball handler on the floor at the same time with Cully, if John hits one of his shots than the game is even tighter than it was at the end. I think if Lickliter wasn't on the back of the kids jersey nobody would have a problem with the kid getting playing time but people would be singing his praises for putting in the time and effort it takes to be on the floor getting minutes that matter.

I think Cully and John are doing what they have been asked to do for the most part and will readily admit that I was skeptical regarding John's ball handling after seeing his first couple of games. I will also admit that I must have over-estimated Neari as I believed he would be the one to give Payne a bit of rest. However, I will make an argument for May bringing the ball up as a third option before Gatens based on what I have seen the last few games as he seems to have more of a knack at finding a gap in the press and can certainly finish better at the rim should we actually break the pressure. Additionally when I think back to the turnovers committed by Gatens and May, it seems Matt has had several dribbling mishaps while Eric's are usually trying to force a pass inside or cross-court, etc. which he probably got away with in high school.

I would just like to point out that this team has played a heck of a lot better with Lickliter playing instead of Tucker. I don't know why, but I think Tucker is just a more athletic Bawinkle. He can shoot the 3 but he just seems too slow to really be good at anything else.

HaydensHawk, Get REAL! Little Lick benched 385lbs in highschool. He also ran a 4.5-40. I dont know anything about your highschool days, but if you were bigger, stronger, faster than that and didnt make D1, what was your GPA? 1.2?

I would just like to point out that this team has played a heck of a lot better with Lickliter playing instead of Tucker. I don't know why, but I think Tucker is just a more athletic Bawinkle. He can shoot the 3 but he just seems too slow to really be good at anything else.

Lil' Lick does know how to run the offense, but wow he looks short out there up against the Big10 talent- idk tho, whoever helps this team play better is fine by me

Iowa needs to have open tryouts right now. There is no excuse for his son to be playing. I would wax the floor with him. And I was no D1 player, that's for sure.

You can't tell me in a university as big as Iowa that there aren't some ballers who can contribute some better minutes than we are getting from Lil lick. I just don't buy it.

There are alot of ballers in Iowa City that can play, problem is most of them go to Kirkwood in CR or IC not UI...

Latest posts