Let's talk about.....BEER!

One thing on this, and it’s in no way targeted at you personally. But, I hear a lot of people claiming how the US is the ‘greatest country in the world’, and when you ask how many countries they‘ve been to the answer is ‘well, I’ve been to Cabo’. I think seeing how other people live give a bit of perspective. Not to mention some great food and beverages.
It's not from a place of me feeling like there's nothing else out there worth seeing, it's just indifference. I don't have whatever gene it is that makes people want to travel around the globe.

I do also think that one can have admiration for their country without being a nationalist who tends to write other cultures off. There's a lot wrong with America but there's also a lot of good as long as you can avoid news, religion, and politics, which I'm very good at. Our National Park system is second to none and I've heard a whole lot of people visiting from outside the US comment on that when they come here. And as far as culture there isn't one that comes close to being as varied, for better or worse, than here. The US has such differing regions in such a big land area that it's almost like we have 100 different countries in one.

I think sometimes people don't consider that as much as they should, and they miss out on a lot of what's right in their backyard. I know a few people who've never been outside the 3 state area of IA/MN/SD. I work with a guy who was born and raised in O'Brien county...he's late 50s in age and the farthest he's ever been from home is the state basketball tournament in Des Moines. Never flown, never went anywhere farther than that on vacation, no desire to.

I hated traveling at my old job because it was always "We're gonna lock everyone in a conference room for 12 hours and then you have to go crank monkey documents in your hotel room on a small laptop and shitty wi-fi for 8 hours." Worst trip was one to NYC during my birthday. The Omni upgraded me to some ridiculous suite and I got to spend all of 5 hours there over the course of 3 days and then ate an Auntie Ann's pretzel in the American Airlines terminal at La Guardia for my birthday dinner. F travel.
And you probably had to shell out ten bucks for the pretzel as well.

Have any of you fellas ever had Busch Ice? It's really popular down here but I'm leery to buy it because it costs more than Busch Light or regular Busch and they don't sell it by the case.

Ice beer is a liquid headache. Awe nevermind.

Ice beer is a liquid headache. Awe nevermind.

I'm not sure if it's ice beer in general or what, but back in the day anytime I'd drink Bud Ice, some kind of bad shit would happen while in my drunken stage. Too bad because I always thought it was a nice crisp tasting brew. Really like it. But, I'm saying every time I tried it (2-3) some stupid shit would happen. Like I had blackouts or something, and only after a 6 pk which was weird. It took me to a different place is can say.

What did Budweiser do, put shrooms in it or something? I still see it on the shelves and kind of chuckle, I want to try it again but pass because I can't take that chance.

Anybody have any similar experience or with any other kind of beer or liquor?

I'm not sure if it's ice beer in general or what, but back in the day anytime I'd drink Bud Ice, some kind of bad shit would happen while in my drunken stage. Too bad because I always thought it was a nice crisp tasting brew. Really like it. But, I'm saying every time I tried it (2-3) some stupid shit would happen. Like I had blackouts or something, and only after a 6 pk which was weird. It took me to a different place is can say.

What did Budweiser do, put shrooms in it or something? I still see it on the shelves and kind of chuckle, I want to try it again but pass because I can't take that chance.

Anybody have any similar experience or with any other kind of beer or liquor?

There is definitely something off in ice beer. It is an insta-headache. I wonder if there is something in the alcohol quality or something that does it.

Japan used to have a faux beer called happoshu. If a beer had 1/3rd filler, it would qualify as a malt beverage and get a much lower tax. I used to drink it on occasion due to its low price. They used to use the cheapest fillers they could find, which were often potato or other cheap starches. I bought a 12 pack once and drank most of it and my hangover far exceeded my typical hangover. I drink plenty of Budweiser so the rice filler isn't a problem, but whatever shit they used in happoshu gave me a "heartbeat" headache in the morning which only ice beers have ever given me (headache where you feel every heartbeat).