Let's Go Bucky (for one week) #8 Nebraska at #7 Wisconsin

We want Wisconsin to win this game for the divisional race and we certainly don't want Nebraska winning their 1st game in the Conference. Besides, if Iowa makes it to the title game, presumably against the Badgers, the Hawks will have the chance in that setting to prove they are better.

Wisconsin 34
Nebraska 20

We want them to win because we don't want to see Nebby come in and win its first conference road game as a B1G member. In the future I will cheer for all Legends teams to beat the Leaders, unless the game immediately impacts Iowa's spot in the standings...as in the last week or two of the season. We play everyone in the Legends every year, the better they are the better our wins are.

It seems quite clear. We want to win the Legends division to quality for the Championship game, therefore we want the other teams in the division to lose, especially when we play them. I really do not want to see Nebraska win the Big Ten Championship their first year in the conference. It would be akin to a slap in the face, especially considering their schedule.

The strength/record of each division is irrelevant. If the Leaders goes undefeated against the Legends in the regular season (not going to actually happen--they have Purdue), and a 5-3 Legends Champ shows up and beats Wisc/Illinois in the B1G Title Game, who goes to the Rose Bowl? Then, yeah, of course ESPN is going to rag on the B1G for a month, but then you've got to show up in Pasadena with a pair of stones and win a football game.

If you win the games that matter, you will get the media to shut up...eventually. OF COURSE we want Wisconsin to win. The dream situation is going into Lincoln with a two-game lead and not NEEDING to win.

The Wisky/NE game is probably a very difficult ticket and I highly doubt that NE has more than 6,000 fans at that game, if that many.

I believe NE has to rethink how their fans get tickets in opposing Big 10 stadiums. For instance, I suspect getting a ticket in Lincoln is quite difficult; why would it be any different in Madison, or any other Big 10 stadium. Of course there is always the prospect than rich Nebraskans will pay outrageous prices for all the tickets that might be scalped? I just don't see a lot of people scalping tickets outside Bucky stadium.

Reports in Omaha say there will be 20,000 Nebraska fans in the stands at the game just like when they come to Kinnick. Money talks!!

Reports in Omaha say there will be 20,000 Nebraska fans in the stands at the game just like when they come to Kinnick. Money talks!!

Gag. Try to get my ticket when you come to Kinnick....
I hope it's a long long ride home for the BLACK SHIRTS.

Um......I'm pretty sure those two things can define the state of Iowa too.

Yea but the difference between Iowa and Nebraska. Nebraska actually has a tradition in football and Iowa thinks they do. You can be a little cocky when you have five national titles in football.

Yea but the difference between Iowa and Nebraska. Nebraska actually has a tradition in football and Iowa thinks they do. You can be a little cocky when you have five national titles in football.

Yeah, so you have a better history than us. I'm fine with that. I'll take our last eight years over yours though (look up end of year finishes if you disagree). And... if you want to talk "history". THe Ivy league has more national titles than any conference by far, it's not even close. i don't see Princenton being "cocky". Maybe instead of being "cocky" try having a little class. And... I'd say if you think it's ok to be cocky, go with that. Be just like Miami... their a little cocky too. Enjoy. thanks

Just remember... Nebraska isn't as good now as they think they are due to their successes from 20 years ago. They havne't really done anything for a long time. And just remember, if the bad black shirts from Nebraska would have run into Iowa the last couple years we would've put a hurtin on you. That's a fact home boy.

How many top 10 finishes in last ten years Nebby? Give me your bowl wins?
Yeah, sure you won your division (and a tough one at that!). What else you done lately except talk a lot of ****. Lets talk on Sunday after the black shirts meet Wisky.
Go away troll.

How many players on NFL rosters? If it's not more than 30 you haven't had the players Iowa has of late...

We have a winner! Your prototypical Husker fan...

The strength/record of each division is irrelevant. If the Leaders goes undefeated against the Legends in the regular season (not going to actually happen--they have Purdue), and a 5-3 Legends Champ shows up and beats Wisc/Illinois in the B1G Title Game, who goes to the Rose Bowl? Then, yeah, of course ESPN is going to rag on the B1G for a month, but then you've got to show up in Pasadena with a pair of stones and win a football game.

If you win the games that matter, you will get the media to shut up...eventually. OF COURSE we want Wisconsin to win. The dream situation is going into Lincoln with a two-game lead and not NEEDING to win.

What's wrong with you cover3? That's much too logical!! ;)

Just remember... Nebraska isn't as good now as they think they are due to their successes from 20 years ago. They havne't really done anything for a long time. And just remember, if the bad black shirts from Nebraska would have run into Iowa the last couple years we would've put a hurtin on you. That's a fact home boy.
No that is an opinion.

I find it funny that Iowa fans like to talk about Nebraska fans "living in the past," yet they like to bring up how good Iowa has been in the past 8 or 10 years, as compared to Nebraska.

I really don't want to get into a p*****g match about it, but I will leave you with this. It has been no secret that Nebraska has been down since the end of 2001, worst 10 year stretch since the 50's or early 60's. We are not up to the standards that were set from the mid 60's through the 90's. It has been one of our worst periods and one of your best. But if you want to look back at the past 10 years, Nebraska and Iowa have almost the exact same record during that time period. That, my friend is a fact.

Last edited:
No that is an opinion.

I find it funny that Iowa fans like to talk about Nebraska fans "living in the past," yet they like to bring up how good Iowa has been in the past 8 or 10 years, as compared to Nebraska.

I really don't want to get into a p*****g match about it, but I will leave you with this. It has been no secret that Nebraska has been down since the end of 2001, worst 10 year stretch since the 50's or early 60's. We are not up to the standards that were set from the mid 60's through the 90's. It has been one of our worst periods and one of your best. But if you want to look back at the past 10 years, Nebraska and Iowa have almost the exact same record during that time period. That, my friend is a fact.

What many Becky fans need to realize is we were in a conf that #1 played less games a year, for many years and #2 played almost every other school in the conf. If you need a good example of my point look no further than your 2008 schedule. You lost 4 that year and did not even play TX, or OK ST. See what I am saying? So when you want to say our best years to your worst, it really doesnt hold water. You cant compare apples to apples, for many reasons, but these two should give you a little to think about.

What many Becky fans need to realize is we were in a conf that #1 played less games a year, for many years and #2 played almost every other school in the conf. If you need a good example of my point look no further than your 2008 schedule. You lost 4 that year and did not even play TX, or OK ST. See what I am saying? So when you want to say our best years to your worst, it really doesnt hold water. You cant compare apples to apples, for many reasons, but these two should give you a little to think about.
True, but there were years that you didn't have to play OSU, PSU, Michigan, etc. so the same could be said. Also, if you want to say that you played less conference games per year, an argument could be made that you were playing more non-BCS/Div 1AA/FCS schools as opposed to teams in the Big 12. It would be difficult (and even more of a p*****g match ) to attempt to figure out who's schedule was more difficult.

Another thing: Iowa fans like to throw in the fact that you have 2 conference co-championships, and we don't. True, but if we could have tied for championships in the Big 12 like you could in the Big 10 instead of playing in a CCG, we would have been co-champs in 2001 and 2010.

On a side note, congrats on passing your Master test. What does that mean for you professionally?

True, but there were years that you didn't have to play OSU, PSU, Michigan, etc. so the same could be said. Also, if you want to say that you played less conference games per year, an argument could be made that you were playing more non-BCS/Div 1AA/FCS schools as opposed to teams in the Big 12. It would be difficult (and even more of a p*****g match ) to attempt to figure out who's schedule was more difficult.

Another thing: Iowa fans like to throw in the fact that you have 2 conference co-championships, and we don't. True, but if we could have tied for championships in the Big 12 like you could in the Big 10 instead of playing in a CCG, we would have been co-champs in 2001 and 2010.

We could go back and forth all day, but it's pointless. I'm glad we can finally start settling this on the field this year. In ten years we can circle back and fight over who had the best decade :)

On a side note, congrats on passing your Master test. What does that mean for you professionally?

We played 8 conf games. 8 out of 10 (11th member being us). You played 8 out of 11 (12th member being you). I agree it's highly unlikely that either, team missed only the top teams in any given year, but it is also unlikely that only the bottom teams were the missed games. With one more game you dont have to play you got atleast a 50/50 chance of it being a bottom team and a W or a top team and a L.
I am just pointing out, you cant compare the two. AND you cant say our worst ='s your best. Just look thru some of our shedules, they are almost identical to yours this year.
Side note. I gave up my masters, I had it for 12 years or so. My body cant take the abuse anymore, and nobody wants to hire someone for what they know, you are expected to know it and work 60+hr weeks and put out as much as a 25 year old. Long story.

Latest posts