lets be honest

If Iowa needs more black players then just start Dickerson, Clemmons, Uhl, Jok, Olaseni.

This whole thread is dumb and racist. The very definition of a racist is a person who believes one race is superior to another. We need better players. Period. Not blacker players. Better.

I didn't miss anything, that's why I asked if Iowa needed to recruit better white players. Maybe you missed something.

You and one other person were trying to use Wisconsin as an example against what I was saying... but it wasn't at all.

Because Wisconsin's guys can shoot.

I apologize for this thread turning the way it has. I made a dumb post about race and followed it up with more dumb posts. I also apologize to bigtenchamp for my post about being racist. I actually detest the whole politically correct thing so I hope you'll accept my apology. The point was and is we need better players. We have some players that aren't bad but their is no go to guy with the exception of Aaron White who can really step up when he wants to but all to often feels more comfortable as a supporting type of player. Gabe is another who can step up but we need these guys to be there every game.

I apologize for this thread turning the way it has. I made a dumb post about race and followed it up with more dumb posts. I also apologize to bigtenchamp for my post about being racist. I actually detest the whole politically correct thing so I hope you'll accept my apology. The point was and is we need better players. We have some players that aren't bad but their is no go to guy with the exception of Aaron White who can really step up when he wants to but all to often feels more comfortable as a supporting type of player. Gabe is another who can step up but we need these guys to be there every game.

right... I don't care what color they are ... not really.

Nor do I really even care if they are that athletic... if they can do other things.

unathletic teams that cant shoot are just not a good combo

Larry Bird couldn't run or Jump but he was one of the most deadliest players in history.. Magic Johnson wasn't exactly a high jumper either but a Hall of famer...

Last edited:
I didn't see the game today, but I highly doubt the loss had much to do with officiating. I'm guessing it had more to do with the other team having better players and a better coach.
I'm not attacking you personally, but I hate it when Iowa fans bring up officiating. It's the main reason why Dan Dakich and Clown fans hate our fan base so much.
Good teams outplay officiating. Period.

Exactly!!! Fran was Out coached and out recruited. By the way do you live in Boise?

We are all probably guilty of saying things out of frustration from time to time. The fact that you are willing to apologize speaks well for your character.

At the beginning of the season I said Iowa has the potential to be a really good team but inorder for that to happen individuals would have to step forward and be better than they were last season. White can't do it all alone. Gesell is starting to come around and be more consistent but he is not the explosive type of guard to take charge and be a go to guy. At times Jok shows signs of being this type of player offensively but he is still very inconsistent. In fact most of the players seem to be inconsistant and that has really hurt this team. It seems like we are a five piston engine trying to run on one and a half pistons.

I know some of you are looking a head to next years recruits since we are told they are the more athletic type of players. What is this based on? High school? Uthoff was touted as being this same type of player as was Clemons and Joc. Sorry but been around to long to buy this anymore. Next year with White and Olesani gone it looks pretty bleak. When Woody commits his typical dumb fouls and is sitting on the bench..... YIKES!!!!! I've been very supportive of Fran up to this point but at this point people have got to start to question the direction this team is going? As usual I always wish the best for all the coaches and the players and hope, REALLY HOPE I am wrong or that my concerns will be proven WRONG B1G time.

Last edited:
I hope this team can win enough games to get in the NCAA again but....

Lets be blunt here - start 4-5 "pale warriors" and only one of them can somewhat shoot?

Sorry in 2015 that's not going to equal a very good basketball team.

This team is just so offensively challenged with its inability to shoot.

Don't see how this team could every go anywhere... even our bad shooting guards can't get open.

we just need better basketball players. This team isn't it.

We are all probably guilty of saying things out of frustration from time to time. The fact that you are willing to apologize speaks well for your character.

At the beginning of the season I said Iowa has the potential to be a really good team but inorder for that to happen individuals would have to step forward and be better than they were last season. White can't do it all alone. Gesell is starting to come around and be more consistent but he is not the explosive type of guard to take charge and be a go to guy. At times Jok shows signs of being this type of player offensively but he is still very inconsistent. In fact most of the players seem to be inconsistant and that has really hurt this team. It seems like we are a five piston engine trying to run on one and a half pistons.

I know some of you are looking a head to next years recruits since we are told they are the more athletic type of players. What is this based on? High school? Uthoff was touted as being this same type of player as was Clemons and Joc. Sorry but been around to long to buy this anymore. Next year with White and Olesani gone it looks pretty bleak. When Woody commits his typical dumb fouls and is sitting on the bench..... YIKES!!!!! I've been very supportive of Fran up to this point but at this point people have got to start to question the direction this team is going? As usual I always wish the best for all the coaches and the players and hope, REALLY HOPE I am wrong or that my concerns will be proven WRONG B1G time.

Spot on.

Much like the inconsistency that killed the football team this past season, we have the same thing in basketball. We have guys who CAN be very good, but almost NEVER do we have all the gears clicking and everyone bringing their best games together in one single game.

When we really NEED White or Gabe (or even Woody and Uthoff) inside, our outside shooting is woeful, so teams can cheat low. When we have hit outside, we have been tough to beat. Simple as that.

Lets be blunt here - start 4-5 "pale warriors" and only one of them can somewhat shoot?

Don't see how this team could every go anywhere... even our bad shooting guards can't get open.

LOL, did you notice the number of pale warriors that Wiscy starts and brings off the bench? Kaminsky will probably win the college player of the year. I agree that this is the worst shooting team in the league. But somehow they have made up for it at other areas of the game to have a chance to make the NCAA.

Tough basketball players with a high basketball IQ. That's a start. Good shooters will help. A head coach or assistant coaches that know what they want to do on offense/defense and can effectively communicate that to their players.

It isn’t that Fran prefers white players, it’s that we’ve missed on a lot of recruits. If Mudiay hadn’t originally committed to SMU we wouldn’t even be having this discussion. We had two PG’s from “urban” Chicago on unofficial visits today. Would love to sign either one of them, especially Moore.

It isn’t that Fran prefers white players, it’s that we’ve missed on a lot of recruits. If Mudiay hadn’t originally committed to SMU we wouldn’t even be having this discussion. We had two PG’s from “urban†Chicago on unofficial visits today. Would love to sign either one of them, especially Moore.

If this guy would have not flipped I think we have a few more wins right now...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3136194/tyler-ulis

Better withdraw the scholly offer to Fleming then. Oh wait, he can shoot.

Ellingsen was supposedly a pure shooter, yet he is sitting on the bench, red shirting. Anyone know why?

At one point he had some health issues (foot I believe). Not sure if that set him back or he just isn't a good enough player to contribute yet.

Latest posts