lets be honest

I didn't see the game today, but I highly doubt the loss had much to do with officiating. I'm guessing it had more to do with the other team having better players and a better coach.
I'm not attacking you personally, but I hate it when Iowa fans bring up officiating. It's the main reason why Dan Dakich and Clown fans hate our fan base so much.
Good teams outplay officiating. Period.

Clown fans complain about the officiating even more than we do so that point is out the window.

I find this to be very offensive.

I find our offense to be very offensive...

I agree with an earlier post that you don't necessarily need athletes but Iowa also lacks shooters, toughness and leadership. Gotta have at least a couple of these to be successful. So yes let's recruit better.

Wow, this has to be one of dumber threads I've seen, which is saying something.

I mean, it'd be idiotic any time, but it's hilariously dumb on a day when the darker team got schooled on their own court.

Yep. We just need good players, but you're going to be more athletic overall if you have more black guys and less white guys. That's not a slur, and some people won't want to hear it, but it's just the way it is. There are exceptions, obviously, but as a general rule, this is the truth.

If we're recruiting white guys with average skills, or black guys with average skills, we may as well have the extra athleticism... That should at least help defensively and with the ability to beat people off the dribble more often, if nothing else.. Even if they still struggle to shoot the ball. Just being quicker and more athletic can't be a bad thing, everything else being equal.

In Wisconsin's case, their players have skills. I'd take their roster any day.

Wisconsin's doesn't have a lot of speed and jumping ability (Decker is probably their best athlete) but they can all stroke.

This is the thing that kills us... we don't have much athleticism AND we can't shoot... that's just not going to work.

I didn't see the game today, but I highly doubt the loss had much to do with officiating. I'm guessing it had more to do with the other team having better players and a better coach.
I'm not attacking you personally, but I hate it when Iowa fans bring up officiating. It's the main reason why Dan Dakich and Clown fans hate our fan base so much.
Good teams outplay officiating. Period.

We did lose because Wisconsin is better. We also missed free throws. We also allowed too many offensive rebounds. The officials also allowed bodying up on players, bumping, etc. Games officiated this way benefit Wisconsin and hurt Iowa. We did not lose because of the officiating. The way the game was called did not help us.

Yep. We just need good players, but you're going to be more athletic overall if you have more black guys and less white guys. That's not a slur, and some people won't want to hear it, but it's just the way it is. There are exceptions, obviously, but as a general rule, this is the truth.

If we're recruiting white guys with average skills, or black guys with average skills, we may as well have the extra athleticism... That should at least help defensively and with the ability to beat people off the dribble more often, if nothing else.. Even if they still struggle to shoot the ball. Just being quicker and more athletic can't be a bad thing, everything else being equal.

In Wisconsin's case, their players have skills. I'd take their roster any day.

It's a fact. And it's not racism at all. The PC police throw that word out there when race is brought into the equation regardless of the actual discussion at hand. The NBA is primarily black. The best college basketball teams are primarily black. Those are indisputable facts. Racism implies intentional negativity or dislike because of someone's race. Saying blacks are typically better at basketball isn't racism, it's the truth, and it's a compliment. People need to understand the meaning of the words they use before just throwing the out there willy nilly.

I mean, it'd be idiotic any time, but it's hilariously dumb on a day when the darker team got schooled on their own court.

you are vastly over simplifying things....

It's not quite that simple and no one with any brains is saying that...

I agree. I have made a couple posts related to basketball but that's not what this thread is about so I will take my leave.

Have you placed your Hilary Clinton 2016 bumper sticker on your car yet?

I hope this team can win enough games to get in the NCAA again but....

Lets be blunt here - start 4-5 "pale warriors" and only one of them can somewhat shoot?

Sorry in 2015 that's not going to equal a very good basketball team.

This team is just so offensively challenged with its inability to shoot.

Don't see how this team could every go anywhere... even our bad shooting guards can't get open.

They outshot Wisconsin today from both 2 pt and 3 pt range. The problem is that Wisconsin got too many offensive boards.

Wisconsin's doesn't have a lot of speed and jumping ability (Decker is probably their best athlete) but they can all stroke.

This is the thing that kills us... we don't have much athleticism AND we can't shoot... that's just not going to work.

Agree 100%. Being more athletic sure couldn't hurt, but it really just comes down to needing good players.

How many guys on Wisconsin's team would you feel comfortable leaving open? Not many.

I can't remember the last time Iowa was legitimately a dangerous outside shooting team.. Why is it so difficult to recruit players that can at least make open shots?

It's a fact. And it's not racism at all. The PC police throw that word out there when race is brought into the equation regardless of the actual discussion at hand. The NBA is primarily black. The best college basketball teams are primarily black. Those are indisputable facts. Racism implies intentional negativity or dislike because of someone's race. Saying blacks are typically better at basketball isn't racism, it's the truth, and it's a compliment. People need to understand the meaning of the words they use before just throwing the out there willy nilly.

Yeah its pretty hilarious...

There has been numerous scientific studies on this....

I guess its also just a coincidence when those Kenyan's win all the Marathons (btw their genetic/environmental make up is diff than west Africans - they turn out distance runners rather than sprinters).

They outshot Wisconsin today from both 2 pt and 3 pt range. The problem is that Wisconsin got too many offensive boards.

yeah that is true... from strictly a % standpoint.

But Iowa can't make up ground because we can't score from 2 let alone 3... we have no ability to close the gap.

you are vastly over simplifying things....

It's not quite that simple and no one with any brains is saying that...

Dude, you seem to blame the loss on our shooting (on a day when we outshot Wisconsin from both outside and inside) and implied the problem was we have too many white players (on a day when a whiter Wisconsin team blew us out for the second time in less than two weeks, this time on our own court).

Sorry for calling out your total fail of a thread, but that's what it was.

Dude, you seem to blame the loss on our shooting (on a day when we outshot Wisconsin from both outside and inside) and implied the problem was we have too many white players (on a day when a whiter Wisconsin team blew us out for the second time in less than two weeks, this time on our own court).

Sorry for calling out your total fail of a thread, but that's what it was.

You should probably go check Wisconsin's shooting % against ours, their win loss record ect...

We shot really well in the 1st half its how we stayed close... but that was it.

We were down double digits and made ONE 3pt shot in the 2nd half?

If you really think those stats mean anything your being silly - we can't shoot.

Not racist: identifying a fact that elite basketball players tend to skew black.

Racist: believing an individual basketball player or individual team is better better due to race.

Not racist: identifying a fact that elite basketball players tend to skew black.

Racist: believing an individual basketball player or individual team is better better due to race.

Not sure how you can separate those two thoughts...unless you mean "assume" one team is better because of race... that's prejudice.

No one is being prejudice either - every b-ball player has the ability to prove their skills.

Wisconsin is not overly athletic... but they do many other things well - including shoot.

The most athletic teams aren't always better (but it sure does help).

You should probably go check Wisconsin's shooting % against ours, their win loss record ect...

We shot really well in the 1st half its how we stayed close... but that was it.

We were down double digits and made ONE 3pt shot in the 2nd half?

If you really think those stats mean anything your being silly - we can't shoot.

What are you even trying to argue? We shot better than Wisconsin. Shooting had little to do with the outcome today, yet you blame our shooting.

Latest posts