LeBron

The one or two titles he might end up with or the self-declared 6 or 7?

Wow. Did he make that statement to Magic Johnson in a serious interview??? Or did he say that AT A FREAKING PEP RALLY? Get a life, seriously. You never at the beginning of your high school pep rally talked about winning the state championship even though you knew everyone on the team sucked as bad as you did? Seriously unreal how dumb people are.

It's no state income tax. He still could have made more elsewhere, could have had the stage all to himself else where, and could have grown his empire better elsewhere. But he went to Miami so he could win championships.

Yeah, and that just further enhances peoples' points that he doesn't have that mental edge that the greatest players in very sport have. Lebron couldn't get it done, so at the age of 25, he decided not to have his management build around him and try to win. He took the easy way out, becoming a pawn on someone else's team, and took less money so the Heat could bring in his other all-star buddy. Lebron did what 35 year old veterans who haven't won a championship do: he decided to go chase a championship with someone else because he didn't think he could lead his own team to one.

Wow. Did he make that statement to Magic Johnson in a serious interview??? Or did he say that AT A FREAKING PEP RALLY? Get a life, seriously. You never at the beginning of your high school pep rally talked about winning the state championship even though you knew everyone on the team sucked as bad as you did? Seriously unreal how dumb people are.

Brah, you can't be serious with this? Take the old lady out to dinner, relax, come back and we will have a civil discussion.

He doesn't have a killer instinct because he hasn't been successful at last second shots? Get real man.

I guess the other 47 minutes of an NBA game don't matter huh? He's only won the MVP award 3 out of the last 4 years and consistently dominates the majority of most games. His stats are comparable with the best players in NBA history. Plain and simple. Maybe he isn't comparable to Jordan in terms of last second shots, but then again very few people are. You can say whatever you want to say, I just don't get it. In some people's eyes it seems like Lebron is a failure if he doesn't win every game he plays in at the last second.

As far as everyone complaining about the fouling... I'm assuming most of you just started watching the NBA when the playoffs started. This is the usual. NBA referees always call more fouls when a superstar tries to make plays. That's the way it is, and it's the way it always has been. Jordan, Bird, Magic, and whoever else you want to mention picked up fouls that no one else got called. It's nothing new. The majority of them are earned by putting forth more effort than everyone else on the court.

Precisely.

Those of you who defend bron bron an unhealthy amount need to realize that most people here aren’t discrediting lebron’s ability or dominance in the first 46 min of the game, it’s the anti-clutch in him. And don’t tell me that having an offensive rebound or blocking a shot with 2 min left is considered clutch, especially when comparing to last second shots which are almost all mental.

Look at the facts brosephs, he’s statistically the worst late-game free throw shooter on his team. If I’m Spoelstra I let Juwan Howard take the last shot before Lebron.

Precisely.

Those of you who defend bron bron an unhealthy amount need to realize that most people here aren’t discrediting lebron’s ability or dominance in the first 46 min of the game, it’s the anti-clutch in him. And don’t tell me that having an offensive rebound or blocking a shot with 2 min left is considered clutch, especially when comparing to last second shots which are almost all mental.

Look at the facts brosephs, he’s statistically the worst late-game free throw shooter on his team. If I’m Spoelstra I let Juwan Howard take the last shot before Lebron.

I disagree, If I am Spoelstra I tell him to keep shooting. Even if he makes them, some morons are gonna still complain that he took the easy way out by going to Miami.

I know how it works 34. Pierce did a pretty damn good job most of the night on Lebron. Im not really complaining about the fouls called on the Celtics because most of them have been legit. My gripe is how much the Heat are getting away with on the defensive end when the Celtics have been just as aggressive going to the hoop as the Heat have.

The call that drove me the most nuts last night, besides the obvious Rondo one at the end, was one right in front of Boston's bench. Rondo and Lebron are going for a loose ball and Rondo gets under Lebron while Lebron is extending his elbow and lands on top of Rondo. Foul called on Rondo.

The Rondo drive at the end was mostly an acting job by Rondo. The shot was block either way, the Heat player did touch his face after the follow through but Rondo fell down like he just been hit by a sledge hammer, total acting job. He should have gotten his a$$ off the floor and hustled back on defense instead of hoping the ref would bail him out...

The Rondo drive at the end was mostly an acting job by Rondo. The shot was block either way, the Heat player did touch his face after the follow through but Rondo fell down like he just been hit by a sledge hammer, total acting job. He should have gotten his a$$ off the floor and hustled back on defense instead of hoping the ref would bail him out...

Have you ever been running full speed and had someone's arm swing, which caused their giant hand to smack you in the face? But no, I'm sure YOU would be able to brush it off like nothing happened. You still probably would have been the first guy back on defense, wouldn't you?

I said the majority of calls they get are earned. Maybe they aren't trying harder than everyone else, but their talent and ability allows them to do things no one else can do. There isn't many players in the league who can attack the basket like Lebron and Wade can. Their ability to attack the basket makes split second calls incredibly difficult for a ref to make. Sure they get some ticky tack calls other players don't get. However, what I was saying is the majority of calls they get are earned because of their effort and ability. Obviously, their offense is designed to get the ball in their hands in playmaking situations. Naturally Lebron is going to draw more fouls than Pierre Pierce because the offense the Heat run is more focused on running the offense through him. Pierce gets opportunites but not near as many. He certainly doesn't drive to the basket as often.

You said they are earned by putting forth more effort than everybody else. That is not even close to being true.

Pretty sure if you get hit in the head while shooting it's a foul, regardless of how much acting you do. I would have to ask Duff to confirm though.

And thats what I have maintained throught these first 2 games. I am hoping the calls turn to favor the Celtics starting on Friday night. I am not holding my breath that it will be as uneven as it has been through the first 2 games in favor of the Heat though.

Dan Patrick reported this AM that Danny Ainge met the supervisor of officials in the tunnel right after the game. If you remember how pesky Ainge was as a player and how he could get under opponents skins I bet he had plenty to say to the supervisor without going off the deep end.

Pretty sure if you get hit in the head while shooting it's a foul, regardless of how much acting you do. I would have to ask Duff to confirm though.

I dont think wade touched the ball but he really scraped and raked his face for sure.

This is why I like hockey this time of year, much faster, players can clobber each other without penalties, but the refs are pretty good about calling the actual penalties and letting them play.

Oh yeah, and they actually call penalties in the NHL for flopping and embellishment. Not many primadonnas in hockey.

Wow you can't be serious....wait you are a heat fan huh....rondo got hammered that attempt to even pretend he didn't is foolish AT best.

I mean, thats part of a home court advantage. The home team typically gets some calls the away team doesnt. Its not intentional, but it happens, in every sport.

Bull####, ML Baseball and NFL football and hockey do not have this type of homecourt cooking by the refs.

My god , the LA Kings have won straight playoff road games I heard.

The white sox have won most of their interleague road series in the last few years I heard.

That doesnt happen with home field bias. And the nfl has lots of visitors win big games, see NY Giants in the playoffs their last two championship seasons and Green Bay.

Latest posts