Lebron > Jordan?

Lebron is not a better athlete than was MJ. MJ made alot of players around him better, including Pippen. He is also one of the best defenders of all time. I would go so far as to say that MJ was more competitive. And by the way, the nba is not better now compared to when MJ played. Jordan>Lebron!

Lebron may not be the better player, but HE IS THE better athlete. He is bigger, stronger, faster, jumps higher, quicker. What else do you need to know?

Lebron is not a better athlete than was MJ. MJ made alot of players around him better, including Pippen. He is also one of the best defenders of all time. I would go so far as to say that MJ was more competitive. And by the way, the nba is not better now compared to when MJ played. Jordan>Lebron!

We all have are own opinions, but your wrong.:D

Also Pippen didn't always need Jordan to be great, he came in third place during 93-94 MVP voting.

What's so hard to get, what do you base athleticism on? Can Jordan play 4 different positions? Can he chase down a guy from half court and smack the ball into the stands?

By no means do I think Lebron is better then Jordan yet. Maybe in 10 years from now that might change. However, I do think Lebron is leaps and bounds a better athlete then Jordan.

This. LeBron is the more impressive physical specimen (which is pretty fantastic in itself, really), Jordan was/is the better player. That fire that Jordan played with was not, has not, and may never be matched. Tremendous, once-in-a-generation talent, plus the fire to push past his limits. I haven't seen that fire yet from LeBron.

Yeah as long as Jordan had an All-NBA caliber SF who was also 1st team all defense and a terrific rebounding power forward he won. It also helps when you have the best 6th man in the NBA coming off the bench.

LeBron's best teammate was Mo Williams, he made one all star game. BJ Armstrong was at best the fourth best player on Jordan's first title teams and he made one all star game.

So I guess we'll never know if Jordan could have a won a title in his prime with a bad supporting cast around him, the Bulls management did a great job of building that team.

The Bulls won whether BJ was at the PG or Steve Kerr or Randy Brown or ron Harper. The won with Luc Longley, Bill Wennington and Will Perdue as their centers.

they won when robert parrish was playing center and he was 20 yrs into his career.

Like I said, Pippen was a mainstay but they plugged in a lot of other players over the years and still won

The Bulls won whether BJ was at the PG or Steve Kerr or Randy Brown or ron Harper. The won with Luc Longley, Bill Wennington and Will Perdue as their centers.

they won when robert parrish was playing center and he was 20 yrs into his career.

Like I said, Pippen was a mainstay but they plugged in a lot of other players over the years and still won

Yeah and I'm sure when the Heat get done with their run they will have won titles with a lot of different back up guards and back up centers too. Bottom line is Jordan always had elite All-NBA talent around him. No different than LeBron now.

Yeah and I'm sure when the Heat get done with their run they will have won titles with a lot of different back up guards and back up centers too. Bottom line is Jordan always had elite All-NBA talent around him. No different than LeBron now.

So wierd...it's almost like you know exactly what you're talking about.

agreed, Mike bibby and Joel Anthony arent really shaq and magic

Lebron may not be the better player, but HE IS THE better athlete. He is bigger, stronger, faster, jumps higher, quicker. What else do you need to know?

Lebron might be bigger and stronger but Jordan had a 48 inch vertical. I repeat, 48 inches. Don't let your short memories get to ya fellas.

Jordan couldn't keep everyone else involved because they were not good enough. I know Pippen was a top 50 player, but that's crap. He got to ride the coattails of Jordan and when Pippen moved on to other teams, he was nowhere near a top 50 player.

Heck, Pippen didn't even have confidence in himself. That's why he sat out those infamous 1.8 seconds and let Kukoc take the shot. Pippen was good, but overrated in my opinion.

Not so sure about that last comment. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Pippen end up sitting because of the fact Kukoc's number got called for the last shot and not him. I think if anything Pippen's confidence, atleast that night, wasn't the problem.

Lebron's a better athlete. Jordan's a better player.

And the NBA is 10X better now than it ever was in the 90's

I can't take you seriously ever again. This is borderline blasphemous. The NBA sucks now compared to what it was in the 80's and 90's. Any true basketball fan can tell you this.

I don't think you can say Lebron is better than Jordan at all. However, if you dismiss the fact that he COULD one day be on the same level or better than Jordan, you're an idiot, a homer, or Stevie Wonder.

I think what it comes down to is Jordan has a better brand, which he has built over the years. Barring a 6-peat or more, Lebron will never get his due.(from you haters).

One other thing. If you can't say with 100% confidence that Lebron is the best player in the league right now, you are an idiot, or homer, or.... Sorry, Kobe's production is down this year.

People who say that the NBA was better in the 90's are off their rocker. The NBA wasn't good in the 90's, worse in the 2000's but has been much better the last couple of years and looks to continue to be great for at least another couple of years.

There were better teams in the 80's but there were a lot of really really bad teams as well. It looks like the NBA is heading towards that direction once again with the players joining forces.

I love the fact that were even having this conversation. Both players are amazing, but IMO trying to compare Lebron to what MJ accomplished his entire career is a joke. Why can't Lebron just continue to play out his career before the comparison to MJ or being claimed best player ever (which is nothing more than a hypothetical since it's nothing more than a title based off opinion that can't be proven).

Furthermore Jordan is 6-1 in Eastern Conference Finals series.

Furthermore Jordan is 6-0 in the NBA Finals series.

Furthermore Jordan won all 6 of his titles in 6 games or less.

Furthermore let's not forget what it looked like:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSK9Cdr3FFk]YouTube - ‪Michael Jordan The Untouchable Legendary‬‏[/ame]

Furthermore Jordan is 6-1 in Eastern Conference Finals series.

Furthermore Jordan is 6-0 in the NBA Finals series.

Furthermore Jordan won all 6 of his titles in 6 games or less.

Furthermore let's not forget what it looked like:

YouTube - ‪Michael Jordan The Untouchable Legendary‬‏

You know why its hard to have this argument? Because LeBron's just entering his prime and his playoffs/titles stats are yet to be determined

Thats why as of right now its ridiculous to even discuss

Last edited:
Furthermore Lebron still has a decade of playing left

Furthermore the 6-1 record stat is a joke because it ignores early playoff losses. By that logic losing in the semi-finals is better than losing in the conference finals.

Furthermore Lebron still has a decade of playing left

Furthermore the 6-1 record stat is a joke because it ignores early playoff losses. By that logic losing in the semi-finals is better than losing in the conference finals.

It's also wrong. They lost to the Pistons in back to back ECF before finally winning their first title. Apparently it isn't all coming back to Kaldy.