Lance Armstrong is a cheat..

Yeah you must be one of them, this was a witch hunt plain and simple...

All thees guys that were going to testify did nothing but lie their entire careers and several just flat out don't like Lance, yeah that sure is who i am going to believe....

Name one other sport in which a bunch of former competitors and teamates all ganged up on someone and openly spread lies because they were "jealous". It hasnt happened anywhere before. Not in baseball, not in football, not in track, or golf, or anywhere.

The thought that all the athletes prepared to testify against Lance are doing so just because they are jealous is beyond stupid. Its just rediculous really.

Didn't Lance get tested over 500 times during his career without 1 positive test? Yeah I give the guy the benefit of the doubt with this. Either way he is bigger than Cycling and his work with Cancer research is far bigger in all of this. I will continue to wear my yellow LiveStrong band.

Name one other sport in which a bunch of former competitors and teamates all ganged up on someone and openly spread lies because they were "jealous". It hasnt happened anywhere before. Not in baseball, not in football, not in track, or golf, or anywhere.

The thought that all the athletes prepared to testify against Lance are doing so just because they are jealous is beyond stupid. Its just rediculous really.

This is true, but why didn't they do this 10 years ago if they are so upset about it?? Why now? Especially when all this case is about is the word of ten people. They have NO physical evidence, ever, that he did the dope. Now, I am not saying he didn't, he probably did. Also, if everyone was doing it... why did he flat out destroy the competition for SEVEN straight years??? I'd say a great deal of it has to be that even though he was taking something, he was certainly better than everyone else regardless of them.

It's almost as if a bunch of guys confirmed that he was doing it, and since the USADA missed it... they don't want to look bad in never convicting him of anything.

uh, ok.

time to get the cuff out.

you do know who the USADA is, and who created the group, no?

guess who's been paying for the LA 'witchhunt'........

your congress at it's best. spending YOUR tax money taking on the real problems in this country.

yeah, let's go out and spend millions trying to make ourselves feel better about ourselves and put clemens away! armstrong's next! yeah!

makes sense.

i'm not sure the USADA even has jurisdiction in international cycling.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I'm not sure they do, either.

The UCI could certainly strip LA of his Tour titles, but I'm not so sure about USADA.

Didn't Lance get tested over 500 times during his career without 1 positive test? Yeah I give the guy the benefit of the doubt with this. Either way he is bigger than Cycling and his work with Cancer research is far bigger in all of this. I will continue to wear my yellow LiveStrong band.

again yes he did. again at the arbitration hearing 10-12 former teamates were prepared to testify how they helped him pass. rather than face them he suddenly decided that he was tired of fighting after years of doing so.

thats the equivilent of hitting the power button on Contra when facing the last boss level after playing the game for years trying to beat the game without using the 99 lives cheat.

i actually dont care he cheated, but youd have to be stupid to think he was clean.

There certainly was a lot of EPO use in the early 2000's. I have about zero doubt that LA was one of the people who doped.

There is still doping, but the testing has gotten much more intense, with out of competition testing and the use of biological passports that track blood anomolies from baseline over time. I think doping has decreased significantly, but it's still there.

Conversely, if the NFL had a testing program like cycling does, it would be meyhem. I have zero doubt that the use of testosterone and hGh in the NFL is commonplace. But, the players have a CBA and a union, and the fans and owners aren't interested in THAT kind of truth.

So, while some sports appear very dirty while others don't, it's not always the complete truth. Do any of you think that baseball and football are anything but dirty with regard to the use of PEDs?

He only has one ball, maybe he needed the help.

Honestly, this whole thing doesn't change my opinion of him at all.

So Duff, I can't quite figure it out, but I think you are saying he cheated and gave up because 10-12 riders were going to testify against him?

He only has one ball, maybe he needed the help.

Honestly, this whole thing doesn't change my opinion of him at all.

Gosh, YOU won't change your opinion in the face of mountains of first-hand testimony, settled science about doping, and anecdotal evidence?!?
I'm shocked.:rolleyes:
Sayyy...you're not a republican christian by any chance, are you?

Gosh, YOU won't change your opinion in the face of mountains of first-hand testimony, settled science about doping, and anecdotal evidence?!?

the thing about it is he's faced the 'mountain of first hand testimony' before. whar guilty sentence?

when does it stop? whar double jeopardy rules?

usada is a kangaroo court set up by the best bunch of kargaroos on the planet.

yeah, im sure the dozems former teamates who were prepared to testify to the exact details of the massive seven year long doping conspiracy centered around lance armstrong doesnt prove anything.

only a nimrod would believe him innocent.

in a true court of law circumstantial evidence is basically meaningless. but the usada is not even close to a true court of law.

he's faced this stuff before, accusations and the like.

what does circumstantial evidence this time around prove that it hasn't been able to prove before? many of these guys have lied under oath. testify to the exact details. laughable.

Where did I say that he was innocent?

My opinion is that he is a popular rider who used his fame to do a lot of good things with his life and went through a lot on a personal level. He also probably doped to win 7. I don't know if he would have won 2 or 3 without doping or none or 7, but it doesn't change my opinion of him.

Keep your political nonsense for the cave, and I can own you on that too likle I always do if you ever get back.. :rolleyes:

Latest posts