Kriener Senior Highlights!

I had to make sure I wasn't full of it. I see some good things along with some falling down... Not too many dunks, though.
[video=youtube;QRHW0qq1-10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRHW0qq1-10[/video]

In 4+ years the kid has not improved.

My personal fav was at the 1:21 mark in the video where he was 1 foot from the hoop and shovel passed to his teammate. Nice team player but wtf bro, dunk the ball on the 5'11 power forward that is guarding you.

Reminds me of Aaron White and Russ Millard. Long arms, above average hops, and what looks like a desire to dominate a game.

Reminds me of Aaron White and Russ Millard. Long arms, above average hops, and what looks like a desire to dominate a game.
OMG a Russ Millard reference!! Yes and I think that's a really good comparison for him. Very similar body types and games. Millard could shoot a little bit but back then they didn't ask him to much from outside. With the front court players they've got and have coming in it'll be interesting to see who if anyone RSs. They have lots of PF type bodies coming in with Pemsl/Cook/Kreiner all in next yrs class plus Uhl/Jones/Wagnor and how about Hutton? Is he more of a Basabe type player or is he more of a guard? I see he's listed at 6'6 210 so without having seen him I'm not sure where he figures in. I know this is really getting ahead of ourselves here but that's a lot of players for only a few spots...

If Woodbury had been going up against 6'3" guys like Kreiner was going against in this video, he'd have had a lot more dunks.

Really encouraged by what I see from Kreiner but the cynical side of me wonders if he's just Kyle Meyer II. Don't think he is but can't help wonder.
I saw Meyer play a few games in high school. Other than being roughly the same size, I do not see a whole lot of similarity between the two.

I see that Kyle ended up at Houston. He didn't have eye-popping stats, but he did average about 14 mins per game. Good for him.

Reminds me a bit of another Meyer... Loren, who played at ISU then was drafted by the Mavericks. Loren graduated around 1991 from Ruthven-Ayrshire, which is close to Spirit Lake. Loren was about 6'10'' and had a similar skill set.

I would be really happy to see Kriener have a Loren Meyer type of career.

OMG a Russ Millard reference!! Yes and I think that's a really good comparison for him. Very similar body types and games. Millard could shoot a little bit but back then they didn't ask him to much from outside. With the front court players they've got and have coming in it'll be interesting to see who if anyone RSs. They have lots of PF type bodies coming in with Pemsl/Cook/Kreiner all in next yrs class plus Uhl/Jones/Wagnor and how about Hutton? Is he more of a Basabe type player or is he more of a guard? I see he's listed at 6'6 210 so without having seen him I'm not sure where he figures in. I know this is really getting ahead of ourselves here but that's a lot of players for only a few spots...

Iowa is going to have a lot of players that will replace the two graduating seniors. Woodbury and Uthoff will be missed, but I think the team next year is going to look a lot different from this years team. They should be a lot of fun to watch. They are going to be better than what people think. The coaches will get to work with them this summer. I don't know if they are having a summer trip or not.

Solon is up next with FB recruit Jacob Coons and Lincoln McIlravy's 2 sons (one is leading scorer and rebounder).

Haven't been able to watch a lot of Kriener's game, but from what I saw, the guards on his team are spazzes that make some dumb passes and seemed like they didn't want to pass it to him in the post when open. Small sample size, though.

Haven't been able to watch a lot of Kriener's game, but from what I saw, the guards on his team are spazzes that make some dumb passes and seemed like they didn't want to pass it to him in the post when open. Small sample size, though.

Didn't watch much either. I do know that the point guard is going to a D1 school. One of the Dakota schools.

Kriener hits a three. Don't know how the 1st half went, but I'm thinking they should have just been feeding him in the post. Probably would have shot 15 free throws...

I hate to be negative, because I like this kid, but he needs to be less hesitant. He can develop a quicker dunk, in my opinion. If not there will be a lot of blocks. He can and will improve with better competition. A redshirt will do him well.

I hate to be negative, because I like this kid, but he needs to be less hesitant. He can develop a quicker dunk, in my opinion. If not there will be a lot of blocks. He can and will improve with better competition. A redshirt will do him well.

If Jones is back full speed, I'd imagine both Pemsl & Kriener may redshirt.

Level of competition isn't that similar to woody, who played against mostly 4A. Spirit Lake plays a lot of 2A, with less than half of the Lakes conference in 3A.