Kobe

I agree that Marino is the better QB. I am just talking about how some people view it

There were 8 teams better than the Cavs that year in the West. Yes. No question really. Spurs were a 3 seed and swept the Cavs that year. That Cav's team was no better than that Lakers team despite having better surrounding talent.

Who would you rather have Smush Parker or Larry Hughes?
Chris Mihm or Zydrunas?
Kwame Brown or Drew Gooden?

There's no way Kobe's Laker team that season would have got by the Pistons. The Cavs did. The Cavs went 19-11 against the West that season, they were better than the Lakers, Warriors, and Denver, all playoff teams in the West that season.

Who would you rather have, Lamar Odom or Donyell Marshall?

Luke Walton or Sasha Pavlovic?

And I would take Smush Parker over Eric Snow for that season. Snow wasy beyond washed up at that point, see what Parker did to him in the finals that year.

I agree with that, I was just pointing out that Bradshaw shouldn't be in that group and then another poster used the rings argument as to why he should be above Marino, which is ridiculous. But I do think that to be considered the best all time you need to win a title.

pretty sure you are referring to me when talking about bradshaw...and that's NOT what i said. if you go back and read, i even said i'd put marino ahead of bradshaw if i were to list the greatest of all time...a lot of people wouldn't though just because he has decorated fingers.

There's no way Kobe's Laker team that season would have got by the Pistons. The Cavs did. The Cavs went 19-11 against the West that season, they were better than the Lakers, Warriors, and Denver, all playoff teams in the West that season.

And I would take Smush Parker over Eric Snow for that season. Snow wasy beyond washed up at that point, see what Parker did to him in the finals that year.

Well in the playoffs Smush didn't even start that year. The part you seem to miss is the Cavs didn't have an offense, but they had a GREAT defense which kept them in almost every game. Mike Brown has always made the Cavs a great defensive team. That's why I didn't like the Jamison trade. If you keep it close and have Lebron you always have a very good chance to win.

Well in the playoffs Smush didn't even start that year. The part you seem to miss is the Cavs didn't have an offense, but they had a GREAT defense which kept them in almost every game. Mike Brown has always made the Cavs a great defensive team. That's why I didn't like the Jamison trade. If you keep it close and have Lebron you always have a very good chance to win.

So if you remove LeBron from that team and have a starting line up of Z, Gooden, Pavlovic, Hughes and Snow how many games does their great D win them? LeBron dragged that team all the way to the finals. It's a much more impressive feat than Kobe making the playoffs with his team.

So if you remove LeBron from that team and have a starting line up of Z, Gooden, Pavlovic, Hughes and Snow how many games does their great D win them? LeBron dragged that team all the way to the finals. It's a much more impressive feat than Kobe making the playoffs with his team.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't impressive. It was extremely impressive. Just b/c I like Kobe doesn't mean I hate Lebron. In fact I'd like to see Lebron play with the heart now that he played with then. Offensively he was all they had, but their team defense as a whole was GREAT. Lol take Lebron off? What does that have to do with anything? Any Mike Brown coached team will have a very good defense. At that time Lebron was an average defender, so yes the defense would still be good, but Lebron was their whole offense.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't impressive. It was extremely impressive. Just b/c I like Kobe doesn't mean I hate Lebron. In fact I'd like to see Lebron play with the heart now that he played with then. Offensively he was all they had, but their team defense as a whole was GREAT. Lol take Lebron off? What does that have to do with anything? Any Mike Brown coached team will have a very good defense. At that time Lebron was an average defender, so yes the defense would still be good, but Lebron was their whole offense.

As for taking LeBron off that team, I'm just saying they don't win 20 games without him. We were talking about supporting casts because Cyclone17 was saying it was more impressive that Kobe took that Lakers team to the playoffs than LeBron taking his team to the finals, which is a ridiculous statement.

I mean to say 6 teams in the West. My bad. I think Denver was better than the Cavs that year. Plus Anthony pretty much owns Lebron when they play. Has since HS.

And I would take Sasha Pavlovic over Walton. Walton is awful and has no offensive skills at all.

Smush Parker was in the league for what 6 seasons? Averaged around 5 to 6 a game. Yes Snow was washed up but at least you get a veteran with experience. Parker was garbage. And what's sad is he was their 3rd best player

As for taking LeBron off that team, I'm just saying they don't win 20 games without him. We were talking about supporting casts because Cyclone17 was saying it was more impressive that Kobe took that Lakers team to the playoffs than LeBron taking his team to the finals, which is a ridiculous statement.

Both were impressive, but Lebron making the finals was more impressive. I think overall he had a better team, but obviously you wouldn't agree with that. Either way Lebron feat was more impressive. I'd take 24 right now though.

Where did I say that? I am just saying you can't bag Kobe for his 4 years of no championships when you look at his squad. There isn't one guy on that team that is a starter anywhere else in the NBA right now.

Lebron is a great player. I am just saying getting through the East 4 years ago is a lot different than getting through the West. Much different

Where did I say that? I am just saying you can't bag Kobe for his 4 years of no championships when you look at his squad. There isn't one guy on that team that is a starter anywhere else in the NBA right now.

Lebron is a great player. I am just saying getting through the East 4 years ago is a lot different than getting through the West. Much different

The west was much tougher, not arguing that. But the fact that no one from that team is a starter is wrong. Bynum is a starter and Odom plays starter minutes, plus Farmar was on that team too. No one from LeBron's team is a starter now either.

They both were terrible teams, and both Kobe and LeBron are great. Right now Kobe is playing at a higher level, but it's real close as to who is the best player.

I think the question here is....

#1--Would you rather have Kobe or James on your fantasy team,
(We'll take into account the regular season)

and

#2--Would you rather have Kobe or James leading your team in the playoffs
(We'll take into account the playoffs)

Probably James for #1, but without a doubt Kobe for #2.

The west was much tougher, not arguing that. But the fact that no one from that team is a starter is wrong. Bynum is a starter and Odom plays starter minutes, plus Farmar was on that team too. No one from LeBron's team is a starter now either.

They both were terrible teams, and both Kobe and LeBron are great. Right now Kobe is playing at a higher level, but it's real close as to who is the best player.

As I have said I agree Lebrons was more impressive. Bynum was not even close to being who he is now, he barely played then. He was behind Kwame Brown. Also Farmar is not very good now, and was worse at that time. He was a rookie that year. Odom is very good as a 3rd or 4th option, but never did well as the 2nd option. Even as a 3rd and 4th option he is MIA a lot.

and

#1 - James
#2 - James

As I have said I agree Lebrons was more impressive. Bynum was not even close to being who he is now, he barely played then. He was behind Kwame Brown. Also Farmar is not very good now, and was worse at that time. He was a rookie that year. Odom is very good as a 3rd or 4th option, but never did well as the 2nd option. Even as a 3rd and 4th option he is MIA a lot.

Yes I know Bynum and Farmar weren't as good then as they are now. Cyclone17 just said that no one on that team is a starter in the league now, I was just saying that Bynum was on that team and is now a starter.

#1 - James
#2 - James

You must like a longer offseason.

Also anyone else see what Lebron is doing? I love him as a player, but he's making a shoe for every city he visits on his free agency tour. The name of the city and the date he visit will be on the shoe.

and

I thought the question was who is the better player, and the answer is LeBron. He is easily the greatest player in the league and has the potential to be considered the greatest of all time. I honestly do not know how people can argue that.

And you said you were not all that bias...which you are very much so.

I'm bias because I think Kobe is the best player in the league? I don't hate Lebron. I've paid to see him play. I think Lebrons ceiling is higher than any player that has ever played, but right now I think Kobe is the best player. As do most of his peers in the NBA.

I thought the question was who is the better player, and the answer is LeBron. He is easily the greatest player in the league and has the potential to be considered the greatest of all time. I honestly do not know how people can argue that.

Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant, Amare, Nash, even MJ, and the 70% of the present and former coach and players would disagree with you. I agree he has the potential to be the greatest of all time. Nobody has the physical gifts he has. It's unreal. I hope he maxes out his potential too.

Can't we all just agree that the NBA is terrible and arguing about it is stupid? You are all acting like your arguing religion. You are all wrong.

BTW, LeBron.

Latest posts