Kirk's call in show last night

Very few people are banned from this site. Very few. But right about now isn't a good time to test the fence to see if it's on

This gives some hope that Coker will be back next season.

I agree it is an interesting choice of words, specially when it comes from someone he choses them carefully.

I'll take KF's words as being very positive. I was starting to worry he was off the team entirely. I gotta stop listening to Marty.

I think Marty loves when bad things happen to the Hawkeyes. He cant wait for a scandal i promise you.

I happened to catch a little Marty last night. He was all doom and gloom over things in IC. He said it was a sinking ship and ISU was going to be the benefactor.

Very few people are banned from this site. Very few. But right about now isn't a good time to test the fence to see if it's on

You tell'em Jon. I agree with you less than 50% of the time, but this one for sure. ostrich & chad was annoying.

As for the RB situation. I think I would be more disappointed if it was a bigger bowl game. Not to take anything away from the Insight. I still want to win the game BAD. I just think becuase we are the underdog, we can really make a statement by winning this game with our 3rd and 4th back. It will make the win that much sweeter.

I think a few people need to reevaluate their tack this morning or it's going to be a long day. Or actually, a short day. Enough. If you don't like the decisions I make on my website, go somewhere else.

I'm personally very happy that Jon decided to put an end to the Chad and Ostrich stuff. I'd go into a thread that's 14 pages long and seven posts on every page just said one of those two words.

It really waters threads down and creates little sub-groups on the boards, which I don't think is healthy. If you want to post a topic related to a thread title then great. But to go in and type one of those two very pointless (and unfunny) words is a complete waste of your time and anyone who has to sift through it to find real discussion on Iowa Hawkeyes athletics, the true point of the board.

i think the reason jon banned it was because it was stupid, unfunny, and way overused. If u thought it was funny I recommend jim rome on kxno.

I heard the same thing you did Norwalk. I had to turn the dial. When Coker was first suspended Marty jumped up and down like a little girl. Hes the same guy that said Jon Miller should be fired.

The OT board is now set up where those posts don't show up on the landing page unless u opt in. People r welcome to ostrich and chad in there to their heart's content. We'll keep the sports forums ON topic going forward.

I'm personally very happy that Jon decided to put an end to the Chad and Ostrich stuff. I'd go into a thread that's 14 pages long and seven posts on every page just said one of those two words.

It really waters threads down and creates little sub-groups on the boards, which I don't think is healthy. If you want to post a topic related to a thread title then great. But to go in and type one of those two very pointless (and unfunny) words is a complete waste of your time and anyone who has to sift through it to find real discussion on Iowa Hawkeyes athletics, the true point of the board.

It's almost as bad as how almost every thread currently on the board is a discussion of Jon's moderation style.

Something I have been wondering is why Jon would let the Coker...legal thread get to 10 pages long if there wasnt some legs to that. I get that the OP had a link to KCJJ in his original post but it is pure speculation in that thread by a lot of posters.

Jon- Is the only reason that thread is still up is because of the KCJJ link or have you heard some rumblings that there might be some truth in the rumors of Coker and some legal issues?

It's not an interesting choice of words if you know what happened with Coker. Basically there is a presumption of guilt being made by the University. Probably extra cautious given the nature of crimes at other institutions in the past few months. Normally this would be allowed to play out before punishment is handed down. Not the case here.

Based on some of the moronic posts / posters, I think Jon is extremely tolerant.

I am not so optimistic on the running game. OU will blitz ala MSU and we did not fare well against them. Safe to say we are not going to shut OU down defensively, so KOK will need to step up, which didn't happen all season. Throwing to our backs when OU blitzes could slow them down, but we have backs with little / no experience. The mismanagement of the RB position by KF has come back to haunt us. Stoops will be aggressive, we will be conservative.

I didn't delete the Coker thread because it was linked to a news agency who went on the record. If they r wrong they will deal with fallout. If right there it is. They are faces with names and therefor accountable. And I don't like to delete posts contrary to public opinion.

So as long as posts r within the rules they stay.

It's not an interesting choice of words if you know what happened with Coker. Basically there is a presumption of guilt being made by the University. Probably extra cautious given the nature of crimes at other institutions in the past few months. Normally this would be allowed to play out before punishment is handed down. Not the case here.

Perhaps.

Though part of me suspects that this is just typical "Ferentz talk." You know, "life goes on," "there is Iowa football after Marcus Coker."

Ferentz never really comes out with the "sky is falling quote." He doesn't say, "Holy crap our leading receiver was just in a drug bust I don't know who we'll ever pass to in the bowl game..."

Maybe just more "1 player does not make a program" coachspeak.

He always seems to take the sort of 'shrugs sholders, we'll play the hand we're dealt' approach, and I expect that's probably all this is.

Maybe not. But I have a feeling that's just how KF is and I'm not going to read anything either way into that line, but you certainly could be right.

Last edited:
Based on some of the moronic posts / posters, I think Jon is extremely tolerant.

I am not so optimistic on the running game. OU will blitz ala MSU and we did not fare well against them. Safe to say we are not going to shut OU down defensively, so KOK will need to step up, which didn't happen all season. Throwing to our backs when OU blitzes could slow them down, but we have backs with little / no experience. The mismanagement of the RB position by KF has come back to haunt us. Stoops will be aggressive, we will be conservative.

Stoops will be aggressive, we will be conservative - understatement

Latest posts