Kirk & his neighbors...

I always get bothered when someone says, "Your life is going to get safer after you give up your freedoms."
I like driving cars. Autos represent freedom to me. I have an off-road vehicle I enjoy. I have a sports car I enjoy. I have a motorcycle I enjoy. You nanny-state people need to stay away from my cars. In fact stay away completely. Child-proof your own life without imposing your joy-killing, soul-killing lifestyle on the rest of us.

Someone actually said to me, regarding the "great need for driverless vehicles!", "You know, you'll be able to work on your phone or tablet while the car does the driving".

Tell you what, after some of the "accidents" that have occurred, it's little solace that I could play on my tablet when I'm looking at the ass end of a semi at 70mph.

Someone actually said to me, regarding the "great need for driverless vehicles!", "You know, you'll be able to work on your phone or tablet while the car does the driving".

Tell you what, after some of the "accidents" that have occurred, it's little solace that I could play on my tablet when I'm looking at the ass end of a semi at 70mph.
If you've ever driven a semi, you know what's coming with the driverless big rigs. Better hope no pedestrians are around those things...

The article i just read said the ferentzs built landscaping and planted trees on an easement

Which would be a no-no, most likely.

Still, I say get out the popcorn, crack a beer, put your feet up and enjoy this show. I think this is going to get REAL entertaining in a couple months. Hell, Kirk's testimony could be better than the Griesbaum/Meyer/Barta trial!

If I had Ferentz’s money I guarantee you I’d have no neighbors. I’d buy a section of ground with rural water access nearby and have electric plowed in. Put a house in the middle of it out of view of the road with a gated driveway.

But I’m not a big people person.

<<But I'm not a big people person>>

Who would've guessed? :)

If I had Ferentz’s money I guarantee you I’d have no neighbors. I’d buy a section of ground with rural water access nearby and have electric plowed in. Put a house in the middle of it out of view of the road with a gated driveway.

But I’m not a big people person.

Remember, Ferentz's have been around for 19 or so years so he was probably envisioning that initially when moved to that place. It's a one road in and out. I don't know if they've ever moved since moving in. Somehow, others were able to by lots and build back there.

Yes, by now he can just say the hell with it and go out and buy 20 acres somewhere and do what you are saying. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. He should just pay $5,000 to the radiologist guy to shut the hell up and start building somewhere. But, he is stubborn.

He has lived there for years. I would not want to move. Plus his wife just might have some idea if she wants to move or not.

Who's talking about a democracy? The US is not a democracy (although one can legitimately argue it has devolved into far worse)

We actually live in an oligarchy but most don't know it. To be frank, in a pure sense of the definition, there is a semblance of fascism, not a lot, but the makings are there. The thing about the NFL protests has a lot more meaning than what meets the eye.

We are a product of major political donations. For the most part the oligarchs don't care what the masses do. However, those of the mass that speak about being unhappy about it are where the touches of fascism come in and the majority pounce on it. Plus the police doing strong arming is a major problem. I get the need, but all these drug sweeps in schools in stuff really shouldn't be allowed as it desensitizes people.

Being a self employed business person in this era is a nightmare in so many ways. It's kind of like being dissatisfied with Iowa coaching and running into the apologists.

Last edited:
If you've ever driven a semi, you know what's coming with the driverless big rigs. Better hope no pedestrians are around those things...

driverless vehicles is THE worst idea ever imagined by mankind. i mean, come on. who really thinks that's going to work. and pls don't tell me the "technology is there."

Latest posts