Kirk & his neighbors...

Not sure why this is on a football forum, other than someone witch hunting KF but I'm bored so I'll participate in the conversation ( going to stay out of the high school girls locker room drama). Read this article a few days ago and it perfectly sums up how stupid HOA's are. http://fox8.com/2018/01/08/hoa-demands-homeowners-keep-garages-open-or-pay-200/
As a side note how stupid do you have to be to think that just because you have means and crapped out a couple of kids your neighbors are obligated to care about them. If you want your children to have a place to ride their bikes, maybe you should of bought a house with that in mind.
I rode bikes on gravel roads and I liked it!

HOA's are total bullshit and if I had the money to lawyer up and stick it to an association I would too. Seems to me they bought rural property and have the money to fight to keep it rural. Good for them.

The comment from Mary, if true, comes off as stuck up entitled rich woman from real housewives though

It comes off that way, but I think it could be a, "You realize we get enough crap, public-wise, already, right? We really don't need more..." type of thing. That, of course, is whether or not she actually said it.

OK, but I would never just give up money, whether it be $1 or $10,000 if I disagreed with the results. I find it rather amusing that you found yet another way to get the word "stubborn" assigned to KF.

I think that was pretty much what the neighbors were saying. I'm all for sticking up for your property rights... but the phrase "pick your battles" also comes into play. No doubt it wouldn't make the paper if it wasn't Kirk.

Whatever...I'm just glad my neighbors and I can work out the joint snow plowing thing on our shared drive.

Based on your own stance, it is none of your business how your neighbor paints his house. I live in a non-HOA neighborhood but I'd be curious how many of you would be screaming if someone bought the house next door and turned it into a complete an utter shit-hole but weren't breaking the law.

Been through it off and on for the past 20 years. Not much you can do, aside from dropping the subtle hints...

Since this is a rural issue...it sounds to me like there are "too many mares" in the barn...or subdivision...swishing tails, biting each other...

I appreciate the HOA we have in Vegas...keeps cars and crap off the streets...forces home upkeep...security gate...We get an infraction or two a year, and take care of it...leaves...weeds..etc.

I once drove a motorcycle on a gravel road going 110 mph...that was not smart...

Perhaps Barta could be assigned for binding arbitration...solve the gravel road saga...

I just bought a house KNOWING that the house two down from me was a run-down hovel. And I've got no right and no business complaining about it.
If your next door neighbor started parking 36 cars in his front yard like he was Sanford and Son and it started to affect your property value, would you then exercise every americans god given right to bitch?

What we dont know is how the person sub-divided the 20 acres.
Was it 40 1/2 acre lots? Or 5 4 acre lots? 80 1/4 acre lots?
This has a lot to do with this whole situation.
You want to lose your privacy and home value, let a money grabbing developer come in and put 80 1200 square foot houses in your neighborhood.

I agree with much of what's been written above. That being said, why wouldn't Kirk just kick in the $, or work out a compromise, especially in light of the neighbor comments that they've "bent over backwards" to work something out. Beats the hell out of a public relations debacle. I'd think a smart attorney would advise him so.

In a word: Stubborn.
Just because they say they bent over backwards does it mean that really happened. Two sides to every story.

I have a friend who ended up in a HOA. He knocked heads with the board from the get-go. Since this was a close-knit smaller community he decided to get back at the board members in public every time he saw them out on the town. He became the Randy Quaid "griswold" brother in law when he had public encounters with other HOA board members. Evidently embarrassed the heck out of them in front of their friends in public. And since the HOA didn't have jurisdiction over the behavior they were helpless. He leveraged it to them personally and it ended up working. They were all afraid of him.

What we dont know is how the person sub-divided the 20 acres.
Was it 40 1/2 acre lots? Or 5 4 acre lots? 80 1/4 acre lots?
This has a lot to do with this whole situation.
You want to lose your privacy and home value, let a money grabbing developer come in and put 80 1200 square foot houses in your neighborhood.
That has had to be their biggest fear over the years of living where they do. Just development of any kind really. When they first got it I'm sure it was a great spot. I'm somewhat surprised they aren't in some gated community but that might be the sort of thing they didn't want anything to do with either. (due to HOAs and neighbors perhaps) They only have a couple other neighbors on that road to deal with. Just goes to show ya nutty neighbors are everywhere pretty much. And if you don't know any then you probably are that neighbor.

If your next door neighbor started parking 36 cars in his front yard like he was Sanford and Son and it started to affect your property value, would you then exercise every americans god given right to bitch?

Nope. Because it's his right to park those cars there provided there is no law (and I'm saying law, not HOA rule) against it.

I totally doubt it is about the money. However anyone buying into an area like that has to know it's going to come. Wonder if the area has/will be forced onto city sewer?

KF doesn't do things in a vacuum. Is a "I'm tired of the fishbowl" moment approaching and baby KF..... I get that it wasn't started yesterday.
Whatdoyamean?

Latest posts