Kirk Ferentz Adddresses Brian Ferentz Behavior

I wonder if ISU fans are upset at their head coach using profanity during the post game presser. :rolleyes:

I can’t beleiev what Iowa fans will complain about sometimes.

I think the issue is that one of the non-reviewable items is forward progress and when/where it happened. It's not that he didn't fumble, it's that the call on the field was down by forward progress, which shouldn't be reviewable, whistle or not.
Dear god. At no time was Butler's forward progress stopped. He was moving forward all the way until his body hit the ground.

I wonder if the B1G is waiting for BF to make an apology/admission before any punishment is handed down.

I have no problem w/ an emotional outburst. Or using profanity.

But I think the timing here is bad. The only thing consistent about BF's offense this year has been inconsistency. And now, in another game where after the first few possessions show promise we revert to the stuff that hasn't worked all year, he blows up about the refs?? BF, you've been a problem all season. This is a 1-game thing w/ the refs. Against a bad team! To me, it looks like blame shifting.

I'd have no problem at all w/ it if it had been Phil P.
(actually that's not completely true- this staff seems to encourage players to not be emotional on the field so it's kinda hypocritical for a coach to blow up like this)

The big negative in all this is that so much energy is going into damage control...that there will be less time to work on that offensive playbook...vs OSU...

You seen his returns? You advocating corporate welfare? In reality, KF could pay millions more in taxes than I do and pay a lower % of income.

Not addressed to you so much, but I wonder if Brian's in house punishment will be equal to what a player punishment will be. If it does, I'll start to believe in KF the wonderful guy.

Not related to that, with BF having maybe anger issues and KF being controlling I'm wondering if inside the guy rages but being calm on the outside is how he keeps it in check.

Look who I hooked when I went a fishing, surprise, surprise.

Anybody else NOT turned off by an Iowa coach showing passion like that? I wasn't there so don't know what was said, but I'd rather have a coach have a fire under his azz at times. Those people/donators in the press box have been to many games and want to win just as much as the coaches. Not sure how much it bothered them.

Look who I hooked when I went a fishing, surprise, surprise.
Big-Fish--94393.jpg

Anybody else NOT turned off by an Iowa coach showing passion like that? I wasn't there so don't know what was said, but I'd rather have a coach have a fire under his azz at times. Those people/donators in the press box have been to many games and want to win just as much as the coaches. Not sure how much it bothered them.

I'm not but I've seen a lot worse calls than those. The fumble probably was a fumble and the interception was probably an incompletion. The holding calls were much worse. For the fumble, I'm not sure an opposing group of players is allowed to carry the RB downfield, keeping forward progress and simultaneously strip the ball. Also, I'm going to have to watch the replay because I thought I saw BF shaking his head in the press box and I'm not sure the frustration had anything to do with the refs. I get the feeling there is more to the story.

Latest posts