Kirk Ferentz Adddresses Brian Ferentz Behavior

RobHowe

Administrator
Brian was upset exiting the first half. He unleashed a profanity laced rant in the press box for all to hear. It's not just the media in press box.

Kirk addressed it after the game:

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 10.22.13 PM.png

I said in the game thread that I liked his passion, even though the officials got the call right. Iowa needs some fire and outspoken behavior in their coaching staff. And refs need to be yelled at and cussed out from time to time. Particularly on a night with so many ticky tack calls.

Perhaps cussing the old man for overriding play calls?

I like Brian's passion too and we may have a bigger situation going on behind the scenes. I suspect that Brian feels a great deal of pressure because he doesn't have the freedom to run the offense the way he wants to which he expected when he assumed the offensive coordinator position. Life comes down to making choices and he may in time come to regret this one. O'keefe ended up leaving for the NFL because he grew tired of playing the whipping boy for Kirk's offense. Brian has put himself in a highly stressful situation and the road ahead IMO seems highly uncertain as to how this arrangement will ultimately work out.

Here's a video of KF's statement.

Here's a link to an article by Jeremiah Davis of the Cedar Rapids Gazette which provides a little more insight into the incident.

I like Brian Ferentz's fire, but I agree that he needs to handle situations like this in a more professional manner like KF said. Like it or not, the ruling of the fumble was the right call. Lord knows there will be many more unfavorable calls in the future.

I like Brian's passion too and we may have a bigger situation going on behind the scenes. I suspect that Brian feels a great deal of pressure because he doesn't have the freedom to run the offense the way he wants to which he expected when he assumed the offensive coordinator position. Life comes down to making choices and he may in time come to regret this one. O'keefe ended up leaving for the NFL because he grew tired of playing the whipping boy for Kirk's offense. Brian has put himself in a highly stressful situation and the road ahead IMO seems highly uncertain as to how this arrangement will ultimately work out.

How dare you bring reason and civility to a spurts message bored?

This is the ONLY time you will see me come out and support Brain if it's in regard to his daddy hamstringing him.

Last edited:
The best part is 3 or 4 years from now when Brian is handed the head coaching job, this will be either forgotten or twisted into being some kind of wonderful learning experience, just like the rhabdo incident.

This is a very good post cuz it gets to the heart of the matter.
KOK
GD
BF
They all operate an offense within KF parameters. And those parameters revolve around field position not points scored. Same goes for DEFENSE, but KF's risk-aversion scheming actually doesn't hurt him here because defense is less about chess and more about execution. Offense though, is a game where your chess skills can mask problems with execution/talent. And KF's game is checkers. And he has been known to lose to "challenged" 7yr olds in those contests.

Heard he pounded on the door of the replay officials, if true the Big Ten will be investigating this and Brian will be facing some punishment dad can't fix. BT can't allow that.

Latest posts