Kirk Bohls says Mike Stoops is considering OSU, Neb & Iowa

same can be said about Fry. not that he made 20x the dc as salaries weren't as out of hand then. but for as much praise as Fry got for being offensive minded, the mainstay over his 20 years was Brashier's defense. And his best teams had coincidentally his best defenses.

False on the last point

His best team by far was 1985, and that team was led overwhelmingly by the offense. Rushing D was very poor that year and led directly to both losses (OSU and UCLA) with each opponent going for well over 200 yards.

every article i am reading says OSU has met and offered to him. pelini / stoops family friends and Stoops says he would be very interested in Nebby. all the Iowa talk is speculation. we'll sit on our lorals and **** this opportunity away. just watch.
Is Iowa talk speculation :), i guess we will see. I'll say it again maybe he has been spotted on a moped in IC on afew different occasions, just sayin... Its like poker, you don't show everyone at your table your hand. I believe Iowa is very well involved and not just sitting by watching.

that would be one hell of a poker hand. KF shot dowm any rumor of this weeks ago and not 1, not 1 credible report that we have even talked to the guy yet reporters know his stance at OSU and Nebby.
i mean, we can wish in one hand and sh*t in another, which one fills up first....i can about bet this is all fan driven and nothing to it!

Well, it is interesting. OSU is the only school really in a position to be offering jobs, unless you want to jack up your team in bowl prep.

The other teams can be talking and maybe even have an offer on the table for post-season, but bringing on a new coach now wouldn't help get the team ready to play one game. Especially with limited prep time. Now, Norm could just go ahead and announce his retirement now and then the team could announce the new hire, which would start after bowl prep. But that might affect the assistants, as they (particularly Parker and Wilson) have busted their behinds to help ease things for Norm over the last couple of seasons.

I can really imagine that bringing someone in from outside would not go over well for Phil Parker who is going to have to bring his A Game to control the OU receivers.

MikeyJoe: "Post your source or you are a LIAR and a SCUMBAG."

Look MikeyJoe I don't usually enjoy stooping to namecalling, but you're a ******. I said I was at a family Christmas and one of my family members is a coach for a college here in Iowa (not head coach and not D1). I'm not gonna throw a family member under the bus for telling me what he thinks is gonna happen. Until anything actually comes out all anyone is doing is speculating.

Like I said, what he said may or may not end up being true. It's just what I heard, and I know he has some reliable sources because he knows the staff. I don't usually have the opportunity to contribute any decent information with you guys, so I figured I'd let you know what was said because I enjoy reading these boards and I appreciate it when other people contribute the information that they have. I'm not trying to stir the pot or start any false rumors so save it.

Now this was just his opinion from spending time with the Iowa staff, but he also said if this were to happen he thought it was more likely that Ferentz would promote from within on the defensive side and hire from the outside for the offense. If he decided to promote from within on defense he thought Darryl Wilson would have the best chance. He had no idea who would be considered on the offensive side of things.

Last edited:
I just don't see KF wanting such a demonstrative coach on the sidelines. When have we seen that during the KF era? Just would look and feel odd and don't believe KF wants any part of it. He would either be upstaged or would have to continually reign in Stoops. Now Stoops and Pelini would be like WWF tag team partners.

I don't care if Norm took a voluntary pay cut. It is pretty incredible to me that the HC is making around 20x the salary of the guy who by far is most responsible for the HC's success. I do hope KF has been finding other ways to reward Norm.

This is no different than the CEO making 20x (or 100x) the salary of the folks who are most directly responsible for the success of the company, or the football team in this case. It's what you get for making it to the top. You get to be the 1%. :D

just because he makes a poor HC, does not make him a bad DC after all it was the reason why he got the HC's job in the 1st place
it s the DC or OC that moves up to a HC after having success at his school
Icould care less what his demeaner is like on the sidelines
you very rarely see the cameras on the assistant coaches
besides more and more Cooridinators are going to the Booths to get a better view of the field so they can change play calling on the fly
it is easier to see the field from the booth and with the electronics today the communication is far better than it was in the past

MikeyJoe: "Post your source or you are a LIAR and a SCUMBAG."

Look MikeyJoe I don't usually enjoy stooping to namecalling, but you're a ******. I said I was at a family Christmas and one of my family members is a coach for a college here in Iowa (not head coach and not D1). I'm not gonna throw a family member under the bus for telling me what he thinks is gonna happen. Until anything actually comes out all anyone is doing is speculating.

Like I said, what he said may or may not end up being true. It's just what I heard, and I know he has some reliable sources because he knows the staff. I don't usually have the opportunity to contribute any decent information with you guys, so I figured I'd let you know what was said because I enjoy reading these boards and I appreciate it when other people contribute the information that they have. I'm not trying to stir the pot or start any false rumors so save it.

Now this was just his opinion from spending time with the Iowa staff, but he also said if this were to happen he thought it was more likely that Ferentz would promote from within on the defensive side and hire from the outside for the offense. If he decided to promote from within on defense he thought Darryl Wilson would have the best chance. He had no idea who would be considered on the offensive side of things.

The problem is people want solid proof, which I understand. Calling people liars and scumbags for not wanting to provide you with a name of their source, either because the source is family or friend is also understandable. DP also said believe me or not, not in an attempt to be an a**h***. I have said before that I have heard things too from a reliable source, you really think I would put that person in the spot light to have to explain why they told me what they did. I KNOW this person has connections I've seen this person in action, what if I said I KNOW for a FACT Stoops has been to IC on more than one occassion? Now what if I don't say who told me I'm a lying scumbag? Well take the above mentioned how you will, some of you ignorant fuks on here blast me if you want.

Last edited:
Tell me again why most people think Mike Stoops wouldn't be a good DC at Iowa? Because he didn't work out as a HC? Last I checked Mike Martz didn't work out as a HC but he is a hell of a OC.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that Stoops has neither confirmed nor denied any of this.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that Stoops has neither confirmed nor denied any of this.

I LOL'd at this one....good job outta you, Billy.

I could've sworn, though, CM would be breaking some news soon on where KF is heading next year.

Did we ever find out who Kirk Bohls is? Is that Miller's neighbor down the street or something?

as i said awhile back nobody is going to make a announcement until after the Bowl games
we have 25 days til our Bowl game
it probably come out right after the games is over
best way to send Norm out would be a win over Oklahoma
why does it always have to be now now

I respect the heck out of Norm and all he has accomplished at Iowa, but why is Stoops the only answer I hear as a replacement? There has got to be someone else out there that could be a better choice.

#Iowa #Hawkeyes offensive coordinator Ken O'Keefe is visiting QB Nathan Sudfeld, an #Arizona commit, later this week. rivals.yahoo.com/iowa/football/…
----
This is a sign

Take it for what it's worth but I have some sources in Oklahoma that are saying Mike Stoops is in talks to return to Norman to become a Co-DC or in some other capacity. They are saying that OU has the money and that Mike Stoops (regardless of his head coaching job in Arizona) is one of the best defensive minds in college football--this coming from people who have played Sooner and Longhorn football in its glory days. Sounds like if Iowa or Neb are going to make a play for Stoops they had better get it in gear.

My fear is that Norm or KOK will retire after the bowl and all of the good coordinators are taken by then. In this one instance it might pay for KF to actually be aggressive.

Latest posts