Kirk Bohls says Mike Stoops is considering OSU, Neb & Iowa

If it comes down to money. Iowa is out. If it comes down to the familys love for Iowa through the years, we have a shot.

If it comes down to the family's love for Iowa through the years, how do we only "have a shot"? I would think it would be automatic at that point (assuming he got an offer from Iowa).

Is he going to go to Nebraska if it comes down to the family's love for Iowa through the years? That doesn't make any sense.

I remember at the Orange Bowl I was sitting in the loby with Norm just having a converstation with him. He was in a wheel chair at the time and after he got done autographing my hat he asked me to wheel him to his room...I was honored to say the least. What (at the time) 16 year old kid can say he got to do that! Norm has always been awesome and I hope they announce it before the game so we can all pay him well deserved love and credit.

I've met Norm several times. Class act. He's funny but also very kind. He's truly the kind of guy you'd want your kid playing for.

I get that he's losing limbs from diabetes (as mentioned upthread) but football is probably the thing that is keeping him from sliding down the slippery slope of diabetes. He's made comments before that football keeps him feeling young. He won't let go of that easily. If it is his last year, I hope it's on his terms and I hope he continues to spend time around the players.

I would think that it would be good to announce Norm's retirement, and Stoops as the new hire to help the bowl reps market the game as the team that will soon have the services of Bob Stoops brother.

If this is Norm's final game, I hope that we can get Stoops on as our DC. We need that fire and intensity.

don't people tire of believing this stuff? how's that 'fire and intensity' doing for our DL? Our 2ndary? You ever been to a practice and witnessed some coaching staff 'fire and intensity'? some fo you guys are truly moronic.

I've met Norm several times. Class act. He's funny but also very kind. He's truly the kind of guy you'd want your kid playing for.

I get that he's losing limbs from diabetes (as mentioned upthread) but football is probably the thing that is keeping him from sliding down the slippery slope of diabetes. He's made comments before that football keeps him feeling young. He won't let go of that easily. If it is his last year, I hope it's on his terms and I hope he continues to spend time around the players.

I can GUARANTEE you that Norm Parker will be given a title within the Athletic Department and will participate in the Eastern Iowa I-Club.

If he doesn't, Barta is an *******.

You're the one that said if it came down to money, Iowa is out. Shouldn't you already know how they stack up, or were you just talking out of your ***?

I had a idea, but didn't know for sure. So, you could say I was talking out of my CLARK. Here are the stats see how they measure up for you wise---.

For those that don't know their head from their Clark. Click on Ast coaches when you get to the link.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...prXYDg&usg=AFQjCNHFgvmZH2-7TPXgjFJwoxG5QwbOqg

I had a idea, but didn't know for sure. So, you could say I was talking out of my CLARK. Here are the stats see how they measure up for you wise---.

For those that don't know their head from their Clark. Click on Ast coaches when you get to the link.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...prXYDg&usg=AFQjCNHFgvmZH2-7TPXgjFJwoxG5QwbOqg

After looking at this list, the 2 biggest questions I have are:

1. How could Ken O'Keefe be making so much more than Norm! What a rip off.
2. How can Phil Parker be making almost as much as Norm!

Somebody competent needs to be reviewing how they pay the assistants

You're right, I don't see him completely leaving the program. I could see him sticking around on the staffa as a deffensive advisor or even as a volunteer coach. He will never actually "leave" the program until the day he dies.

What information have we received that indicates Norm is retiring after this year, that is any different from last year? Other than speculation? I wouldn't be against it, I'm just curious? Are any of our internal coaches qualified to take the postion if he does retire? I would tend to think this is more Ferentz's style personally. Beside's Mike Stoops isn't going to take the Iowa job and be ok maintain the current philosophy.

What information have we received that indicates Norm is retiring after this year, that is any different from last year? Other than speculation? I wouldn't be against it, I'm just curious? Are any of our internal coaches qualified to take the postion if he does retire? I would tend to think this is more Ferentz's style personally. Beside's Mike Stoops isn't going to take the Iowa job and be ok maintain the current philosophy.

The link on the first post says that he has shown interest in the Iowa job. In knowing that it seems as if Ferentz and Stoops have been talking. But I guess you are kinda of right, it could just be speculation like in previous years. I just feel like this is a great chance for Iowa to change up their staff a bit by getting a great defensive minded coach. In saying this I don't want Parker to leave, I want him to stay with the program as a defensive advisor or something close to that.

Im sure he would be involved in some capacity with the Iowa defense, just not running the show.

I would think that it would be good to announce Norm's retirement, and Stoops as the new hire to help the bowl reps market the game as the team that will soon have the services of Bob Stoops brother. If this is Norm's final game, I hope that we can get Stoops on as our DC. We need that fire and intensity.
don't people tire of believing this stuff? how's that 'fire and intensity' doing for our DL? Our 2ndary? You ever been to a practice and witnessed some coaching staff 'fire and intensity'? some fo you guys are truly moronic.

LOL, so true if some fans only knew!

Lazy journalism. This guy just inclued Iowa because of the logical ties, he has zero proof Iowa will need a DC after this year.

There seems to be a lot of rumbling on twitter going on in the last hour or so that Mike has accepted the job at Nebby and could be announced as early as tomorrow.

Lazy journalism. This guy just inclued Iowa because of the logical ties, he has zero proof Iowa will need a DC after this year.

Which is really to BAD for Iowa, because a DC who does NOT recruiting is a major BLACK EYE for the program....time for NORM to hang them up.

Almost every post on twitter about Mike Stoops is just a re-tweet from the same guy and it was just his opinion about him going to Nebraska. I don't think Stoops would want to be a co-defensive coordinator at OSU and would he really choose Nebraska over Iowa, especially since they are now in the same conference? We"ll see?

Latest posts