Keys: Michigan Game

Feh.. Iowa would have put up similar points as Michigan were it not for the all world game played by Rutger’s punter.

The vaunted Michigan defense gives up 168.5 yards a game. That’s good for 77th in the nation. We have the best offensive line they will have seen all year. I think it’s time for people to fess up that loosing Gary, Bush, and Winovich is something that Michigan just can’t reload and have similar production.

We ran the ball well last week against a high school team basically. Other than that we haven't exactly rolled over the inferior competition we have played. Michigan will shut down the run, play man, pressure Stanley and make him beat them repeatedly. The game rests on his shoulders for our offense. Hopefully he is up to it.

You realize Mich played this same high school team, trailed the entire 1st qtr, put up 200 less yds than we did and gave up 100 more yards and 3 more tds than we did?

Yeah, they’re gonna get blitzkrieged!

The key to winning on the road at the Big House has to start with the defense. A good push up front and some decent play from the DBs and we stand a chance. Offense needs to grind clock with a lead and don't turn it over. I think we hit a big play somewhere and hang on for close win. Go Hawk.

To me it rests solely on the secondary, period.

Gattis and Harbaugh have seen our DBs get burned repeatedly by bottom feeder receiver corps, and as long as they throw away from Ojemudia they've got it dicked. You can write this down, they are coming at us fast and often through the air. First Michigan play from scrimmage is a post route 40 yards down the right sideline. Book it.

I can't say this enough, this Iowa squad hasn't even had a sniff of a competent team this year. We would have probably lost to a terrible ISU team if they didn't F it up themselves. The secondary has been atrocious, and Michigan will be smelling blood in the water. If Parker can't figure out how to keep his guys behind post routes and how to make tackles across the middle, this game will get mucho ugly from the get go. If they somehow work it out, this one is winnable.

Yeah, that's how I see it, too, Fry. Before ISU crapped the bed in Waco, I thought maybe Iowa had a quality win against a lesser version of Mich/PSU. Not so confident now.

You realize Mich played this same high school team, trailed the entire 1st qtr, put up 200 less yds than we did and gave up 100 more yards and 3 more tds than we did?

Yeah, they’re gonna get blitzkrieged!

He's so relentlessly stupid that I wish there was an ignore function. If winning 38-14 and 30-0 isn't rolling over the competition then I don't know what to say.

Gattis and Harbaugh have seen our DBs get burned repeatedly by bottom feeder receiver corps, and as long as they throw away from Ojemudia they've got it dicked. You can write this down, they are coming at us fast and often through the air. First Michigan play from scrimmage is a post route 40 yards down the right sideline. Book it.

I can't say this enough, this Iowa squad hasn't even had a sniff of a competent team this year. We would have probably lost to a terrible ISU team if they didn't F it up themselves. The secondary has been atrocious, and Michigan will be smelling blood in the water. If Parker can't figure out how to keep his guys behind post routes and how to make tackles across the middle, this game will get mucho ugly from the get go. If they somehow work it out, this one is winnable.

Our freshman CB got burned twice against ISU. Outside of that we haven't been burned by bottom feeder receiver corps. That's just straight up nonsense. ISU's receiving corps is also pretty solid. We've given up a whopping total of 17 points against our other 3 opponents. Rutgers and MTSU never even seriously threatened to score a TD. It also stands to reason that our young CB's will improve as the season goes along. Some of you must be the media types that try and hype up Michigan no matter what.

He's so relentlessly stupid that I wish there was an ignore function.
There is an ignore function. Several people use it to avoid my posts.

@HuckFinn says he does but he’s accidentally replied to me quite a few times.

Just click on their user name and in the pop up below their avatar is a link to ignore a user.

1. Defensive Line / Pass Rush:
This needs to be a coming out party for this group. Stop the run and get after the QB, that’s the best way to help our secondary. Will the real Chauncey Golston please stand up? Can Nixon build off last week? I think it’s time for an AJE strip sack.

2. Iowa needs to run the football:
Establish the ground game which will make it easier on Stanley and also allow us to control the clock and keep our defense fresh. Michigan hasn’t been great against the run, they lost a lot in the front 7. Iowa has improved in this area this year but needs to keep it going.

3. Turnovers.
This is a key in almost every game. Iowa has been really good in this area but if they have a couple turnovers in this one it’s going to be very tough to overcome.

NCHawkers

Key's

To

The

Game

Next....

5pcbump__65431.1551906664.jpg

you seem very unhappy. have you ever thought about just not watching Iowa football ..or finding another interest that does not bother you so much?

Our freshman CB got burned twice against ISU. Outside of that we haven't been burned by bottom feeder receiver corps. That's just straight up nonsense. ISU's receiving corps is also pretty solid. We've given up a whopping total of 17 points against our other 3 opponents. Rutgers and MTSU never even seriously threatened to score a TD. It also stands to reason that our young CB's will improve as the season goes along. Some of you must be the media types that try and hype up Michigan no matter what.
We haven’t even come close to being tested. Not even remotely.

Rutgers and Miami would struggle in FCS, and MTSU would lose ballgames in NAIA.

Tell me I’m full of shit all you want, but you have zero to go on saying that our DBs can get it done against a legitimate P5 team.

you seem very unhappy. have you ever thought about just not watching Iowa football ..or finding another interest that does not bother you so much?
You seem very unhappy to read my posts. Have you ever thought about just clicking ignore like I’ve suggested three or four times now...or finding another poster who does not bother you so much?

You seem very unhappy to read my posts. Have you ever thought about just clicking ignore like I’ve suggested three or four times now...or finding another poster who does not bother you so much?

you don't bother me.

There is an ignore function. Several people use it to avoid my posts.

@HuckFinn says he does but he’s accidentally replied to me quite a few times.

Just click on their user name and in the pop up below their avatar is a link to ignore a user.

That is good to know. There's negative...and then there's Caddy.

He's so relentlessly stupid that I wish there was an ignore function. If winning 38-14 and 30-0 isn't rolling over the competition then I don't know what to say.
Normally, I don't agree with Caddy, but:

He's got good reason to doubt, especially heading into this game.

Iowa's opponents are 6 - 11.

Michigan's are 9 - 7.

Iowa hasn't faced anyone over .500 on the season.

Michigan beat Army and lost to Wisconsin.

Iowa hasn't played a ranked opponent.

Michigan lost to Wisconsin.

Michigan is averaging 32.5 ppg against better opponents by record.

Iowa's is averaging 33.5.

Iowa has only won 15 times out of 60 vs. Michigan.

It's at Michigan.

Iowa has only won in Ann Arbor 4 times since 1961.

Conversely, you have good reasons to hope.

-Don't play scared. Know you are the better team.
-Don't turn the ball over.
-Throw down field.
-Burn them with screen passes.
-Don't completely abandon the run.
-Continue excellent special teams play in the kicking game.
-Get pressure on Michigan Qbs and force turnovers.

Latest posts