Kevin Noreen?

Mr. Basketball from MN this year. Played against suspect competition. All-time leading scorer in MN history. Unproven, though.

This would be a landmark moment. Good recruiters start fast. The guys that can pick off the few 4 and 5 star propects left will get a significant jump on the competition.

From Twitter: Via HawkeyeReport

2010 BB prospect Kevin Noreen in Iowa City today according to Jerry Meyer from Rivals.com. http://tinyurl.com/32j7cbz
38 minutes ago via web
Retweeted by iowahawkeyes

Here's his scout profile:
Scout.com: Kevin Noreen Profile

Anyone know anything about Noreen?

Yes, he desperately needs to gain 50-60 lbs if he plans on playing for a Big Ten-caliber school. It's nothing like MN HS hoops...

I'm glad someone posted about this kid....I was in Arkansas last week for work and the sports talk radio people could not stop talking about him as he was in town for a visit there as well...don't know much about him, but tall and athletic sounds like it could fit into our "new system".

Not to mention we have had recent success with other Minnesota Mr. Basketball players :)

He sounds like he has a lot of potential and while he may not help much next year given our need is at guard it is certainly nice to get a visit from a big that is being recruited by other BCS programs. If he has any offensive post up game there could be very early playing time. Sounds like he will have to add strength.

Yes, he desperately needs to gain 50-60 lbs if he plans on playing for a Big Ten-caliber school. It's nothing like MN HS hoops...

50-60 lbs? So the criteria for playing in the Big 10 now is that you have to weigh 270+? Ridiculous comment

RW is like the BB of basketball. As soon as Iowa shows interest you know he will come sniffing around;)

Yeah Roy has won those national titles at UNC by offering kids that Iowa has gone after.....hahaha

50-60 lbs? So the criteria for playing in the Big 10 now is that you have to weigh 270+? Ridiculous comment

Yeah Roy has won those national titles at UNC by offering kids that Iowa has gone after.....hahaha

On your first comment I agree...He needs to add strength not necessarily a lot of weight. I believe we will want our bigs to be able to get up and down the floor more so than the past coach however you will still have to rebound in a physical league. Fuller became a much better player by adding the strength in his sophmore year.

In terms of the second comment...you need to turn up your sarcasm detector.

Latest posts