Kenny Gaines

burky247

Did anyone else see him playing on the U last night? I have to say, I sure hope he just had a bad game last night because he wasn't too impressive. With the amount of time our staff has invested in recruiting him, I figure that's probably the case(that he just had a bad game).

He also had some less than impressive tweets after the game as well. Hope we don't have another Eli Carter scenario on our hands.

Last edited:
He's athletic, but that's about all I saw out of him last night. He really struggled to finish the couple times he got to the rim. Does he have a jumpshot? I don't think he took a single jumper. It's tough to judge a kid on one game, hopefully he plays better.
He did show that he is willing to distribute and not force shots for himself.

when you have 10 high major recruits on the floor there are going to be times when kids feel a little left out.

High schools may need to start offering Social Media 101 as course offering. These kids need to be told to think before hitting send. This is one area where these kids need to quit emulating professional athletes and stop broadcasting every random thought to the world. Shut up, we don't care. --The World

I've heard he has a decent 12-15 foot jumper, but I don't recall him taking any last night. He really looked out of rhythm last night. Perhaps fatigue from the summer circuit caught up with him.

High schools may need to start offering Social Media 101 as course offering. These kids need to be told to think before hitting send. This is one area where these kids need to quit emulating professional athletes and stop broadcasting every random thought to the world. Shut up, we don't care. --The World

Agreed.

"KennyGaines23 Kenny Gaines
Tough game, along w/ questionable coaching, will result in a #Loss..."

Last edited:
"Shut up, we don't care. --The World"

Obviously you care enough to follow him and comment on his tweets.

"Shut up, we don't care. --The World"

Obviously you care enough to follow him and comment on his tweets.

I don't have a Twitter account and don't plan on getting one. I don't have to read comments to ascertain that he must have said something stupid, thus the OP's comment. Aren't you the genius that asked Aaron White how he would feel about being called Gingawhitus in that podcast interview? Somehow I think it is a safe bet to say you are a Twitter stalker.

I don't have a Twitter account and don't plan on getting one. I don't have to read comments to ascertain that he must have said something stupid, thus the OP's comment. Aren't you the genius that asked Aaron White how he would feel about being called Gingawhitus in that podcast interview? Somehow I think it is a safe bet to say you are a Twitter stalker.

Me? I've never made a tweet in my life. I do have an account, but I'm never made any tweets. Usually I only get info from tweets from other message boards. Nice try tho.
And no...I've never said anything to Aaron White or any other player. I know some of the players personally but don't follow them on twitter or FB or whatever.

Last edited:
Anyone know where we stand with this kid?

Don't know, but if he is one to pop off in the Social Media about coaching, well...if there has been a pattern of this, then he can go elsewhere.
Those types of comments need to be left unsaid or posted. I coach at the high school level and one of my messages is always about being a good teammate. My signature is my theme and when things go bad, it is always interesting to see how kids react. No matter how good one player is, they are never above the team or the coach.
Gaines has a ton of talent and athleticism, his HS coach has been quoted multiple times saying he is the best player he has ever coached and has said nothing but positive things about his character, so interpret Gaines' comments and his coaches comments for yourself.

Gaines is a top 150 kid and if Iowa can land him, this would be a huge get, but he has to show restraint if there is a bad game or two. I know Iowa has been looking at him for quite a while.

Me? I've never made a tweet in my life. I do have an account, but I'm never made any tweets. Usually I only get info from tweets from other message boards. Nice try tho.
And no...I've never said anything to Aaron White or any other player. I know some of the players personally but don't follow them on twitter or FB or whatever.

Not directed at you, but Hawkstrat. Pretty sure he was the comedic genius that asked White about being called gingawhitus on some podcast interview.

My apologies for any confusion. I just get tired of people being contrarians about everything.

Not directed at you, but Hawkstrat. Pretty sure he was the comedic genius that asked White about being called gingawhitus on some podcast interview.

My apologies for any confusion. I just get tired of people being contrarians about everything.

Ah...good to know. And I wouldn't let Hawkstrat get to ya. He's a regular on HALO which is about the most pathetic message board of all time. If ya ever want a laugh, go check hawkeyelounge out. They try and hide their idiot statements and lack of knowledge behind a flurry of cuss words. Pretty entertaining and pathetic at the same time.

Last edited:
Ah...good to know. And I wouldn't let Hawkstrat get to ya. He's a regular on HALO which is about the most pathetic message board of all time. If ya ever want a laugh, go check hawkeyelounge out. They try and hide their idiot statements and lack of knowledge behind a flurry of cuss words. Pretty entertaining and pathetic at the same time.

I read that board once in awhile and I wonder if they get some sort of kickback for swearing. It's like a middle school playground where boys think girls think it's cool when they cuss.

I saw on Twitter that Gaines has narrowed his list to Iowa, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech and South Carolina.

Or it is the only Iowa message board where the majority of the posters actually understand basketball. Most of the good info breaks there. Who cares if someone cusses?

Latest posts