Keeler Blog

From Keeler's most recent blog:

"That’s the buzz from WGN radio’s David Kaplan, who included this paragraph in a blog posted at 11:55 p.m. Wednesday evening:
Iowa is also looking for a new coach after firing Todd Lickliter and appears to be looking for a lower-priced alternative after paying big money to Lickliter in his settlement. Sources confirmed to me on Wednesday night that Iowa is talking to Dayton’s Brian Gregory, Tulsa’s Doug Wojcik, Utah’s Jim Boylen, and Wright State’s Brad Brownell. Three of the candidates (Gregory, Wojcik, and Boylen) all worked as assistants at Michigan State for Tom Izzo."

A lower priced candidate. Wonderful. Who the $#! said money wasn't going to be an issue in this coaching search??????

"That’s the buzz from WGN radio’s David Kaplan, who included this paragraph in a blog posted at 11:55 p.m. Wednesday evening:
Iowa is also looking for a new coach after firing Todd Lickliter and appears to be looking for a lower-priced alternative after paying big money to Lickliter in his settlement. Sources confirmed to me on Wednesday night that Iowa is talking to Dayton’s Brian Gregory, Tulsa’s Doug Wojcik, Utah’s Jim Boylen, and Wright State’s Brad Brownell. Three of the candidates (Gregory, Wojcik, and Boylen) all worked as assistants at Michigan State for Tom Izzo."

GregoryHawk? Good to see Brian Gregory already has a handle to contribute the message board. Welcome aboard Brian!

I refuse to believe anything Keeler says. If we hire Brad Brownell i will **** in a hat

What have we gone from University of Iowa, to Iowa CC? Honestly, Wright State?

Money SHOULDN'T be an issue. It appears that it might be, which is a damn shame.

Keeler's blog had better just be his own speculation that Barta is looking for a cheap alternative, rather than something he is actually hearing from someone inside the program.

Barta can go the 'cheap alternative' route if he wants, but the bball coach won't be the only one walking out of his job in ~3/4 years if he makes a very underwhelming choice to be the next men's bball HC at Iowa.

And unless he lied to us all, he did say that money would be of little issue when looking for the new coach, at the presser when he announced the firing of TL.

I'm guessing that Kaplan (the language was from Kaplan's blog) is making that assumption based on the names he's hearing as candidates, not from receiving specific information about Barta not wanting to spend alot. I'm cautiously optimistic that Barta isn't looking for the cheap out....

the more rumors we hear about who Barta is looking at the more I feel he isn't going to be able to do what needs to be done. If your going to go the cheap route I'll do it for 1/4 of what Lick made.

The blog says 'it appears'---that's just it---with the caliber of coaches mentioned, it would be true; but Kaplan doesn't know, or he would have been more forceful; Barta said money would be no object---Kaplan says it appears it is; save your energy for when the hire is made when you can either go through the roof, or, go through the roof; useless to react to every idiot who has sources---no body really knows.
It appears that Barta, while waiting on the consulting firm, has time to appear before the Regents on the FB facililty; he would appear to be biding his time---maybe either waiting on them, or waiting on a possible hire who is still in the tourney. Barta is gonna have to go yard on this one if he expects any positive reaction at all from the fanbase. He would appear to know that, but given his last hire, one just has to pray that all the circumstances of this case, are not as all these fricken 'sources,' have made them appear.

It is hilarious reading all of these rumors and people's reaction to them. Just chill out. Anybody that is hired can't do worse than Lick. It will be an improvement.

Latest posts