Keeler Blog

I think most fans (myself included) would rather have a guy like Forbes than a coach from a mid major program that nobody has ever heard of before. Granted, I didn't know who Steve Forbes was until this process started, but given the fact that he is a born and raised Iowa fan, and a great recruiter, that is a much better fit than the coach of Wright State. Please. I know this isn't the top job in the country, but we do not need to settle for the bottom of the barrel either. Barta's job depends on this hire IMO, I hope for his sake he makes the right choice.

He'll be even more insufferable than usual that day.

I have always liked Ken going back several years but I just can't listen to Matt. Marty T. is a ______ most of the time but Matt's constant putdowns of anything that has to do with Iowa finally made me turn the dial.

If we are going to go the cheap route, I hope we raid Grinell College's staff before going after these guys. We might still lose by 20, but it will be 150-130 instead of 60-40. Just kidding, and it will never happen, but I would probably buy season tickets if we played that kind of ball.
-Greg

I think most fans (myself included) would rather have a guy like Forbes than a coach from a mid major program that nobody has ever heard of before. Granted, I didn't know who Steve Forbes was until this process started, but given the fact that he is a born and raised Iowa fan, and a great recruiter, that is a much better fit than the coach of Wright State. Please. I know this isn't the top job in the country, but we do not need to settle for the bottom of the barrel either. Barta's job depends on this hire IMO, I hope for his sake he makes the right choice.

THIS...Hire Forbes and get it done Barta...don't bring us some random coach from Timbuktu. Honestly bring us another mid major and my opinion is that Barta should probably be released...we've gone this way with the last hires!!! get a coach that has seen what it takes to win at the BIG TIME. Not the Horizon League, or somewhere like that.

(except I would probably support Gregory, due to the fact that he has Dayton playing up tempo.)

Latest posts