JW

Hey, thanks for the props.

I have a writing and broadcasting background, and still enjoy writing today. I'm also. as you've all figured out, a prolific reader, and a strong history buff in both sports and music. I reference my own library for a decent amount of my anecdotes and references.

Mostly I. Iike to pattern myself after two of my favorite authors. Baseball sabermetric savant Bill James and music critic Rob Sheffield. They are always looking for random, slice of life anecdotes that I at least find interesting to read and learn, and are terrific storytellers as well. I had a front row seat, as a student at Iowa in the Golden second half of the eighties, to some of the most memorable sports moments in school, and conference history.

I am also getting up there in age. I will be 56 this year. I've seen some things. And I see the yan when most follow the yin, zag where others zig. Look for the B side of the mainstream.

Always have. Thanks again for appreciating what I do.
All of those accolades and you mess up the thank you. I recently turned 56. So you’re (we’re) not getting up there!

What do you like to read?

Yes, of course, it would be, if Fran goes small. If he goes big, I think we'll see more of Kris Murray on the front line.
Mostly sports and music books. I have probably seven or eight of John Feinstein's books. Ghost Rider by Neil Peart was particularly good. It deals much more with his personal loss of his wife and daughter and his subsequent road to recovery than it does his career with Rush.

I doubt Fran is going to tip his hand. Why would he?

I suspect he will warm up and we will see what happens when the starting line-ups are announced. He either starts or does not play. 50/50.

We seriously need an appreciation thread for @Northside Hawk and I'm not being sarcastic. The amount of Iowa and general sports trivia that guy can bring up in an instant is truly mind boggling.

If I ever need to know Mark Gannon's career FT percentage on Tuesday games in Assembly Hall with an odd numbered wind chill at tip off I'm gonna get my answer in less than 10 minutes.

Cliff Clavin ain't got shit on you, my friend.
I know I'm 39 and can't remember shit from like two days ago. Agree.

Reactions: trj
Was warming up, without a boot on, making shots. Still, if I was Fran, I might sit him until needed.

Michigan’s injured player looked real good today. He was injured Sunday...and it looked a lot worse to me. I will be shocked if JW doesn’t play.

I heard this afternoon a quote something like "It's the type of injury you simply have to play with and see how it feels .. .. " Was it Andrew Downs's HN PodCast?

I say let him start, see how it feels, go from there .. ..

Simply my 2¢ .. ..

Latest posts