JW

What I find odd is they don't have these guys elevate their leg to reduce swelling and have them walking around right away. Used to be, wrap, ice and elevate, sooner the better. Procedures have obviously changed.

I remember those courts well. First the ones where the actual floor used to be and then the ones underneath the parking ramp.

Whats strange is why Banks would have needed to go to those courts in the first place, but that's the way it was 35 years ago. In fact it wasn't uncommon to see several players over there, some playing pickup games. Now, they have their own facilities in CHA to work on their games when needed.

On a side note, football player Mike Saunders tore his ACL playing pickup basketball on one of those courts. Forced him to medical redshirt if I recall correctly.
Mike Saunders - haha awesome guy. Last time I saw him I was sitting with him and John Derby watching AJ play at City High. AJ was playing strong safety I believe and on one play, got trucked by the RB but managed to trip him up. "Textbook Derby tackle right there!" he said - dude is fucking hilarious.

What I find odd is they don't have these guys elevate their leg to reduce swelling and have them walking around right away. Used to be, wrap, ice and elevate, sooner the better. Procedures have obviously changed.
I could be wrong, but aren't those boots inflatable? If so, that would keep the swelling down better than elevation.

Even without Wheezy i think we beat Wisky/Penn St. BT tourney will be called a lot closer than that Rugby match we saw on Sunday. Also Davidson is a dirty player. Hook and hold it was no matter how much Gard complains!

one thing about this regime... they don't say much about injuries.

CJ's injury more mysterious than the JFK assassination files.

but fran said day to day after the game... which made me think it was just a sprain.

We all know you do.
We seriously need an appreciation thread for @Northside Hawk and I'm not being sarcastic. The amount of Iowa and general sports trivia that guy can bring up in an instant is truly mind boggling.

If I ever need to know Mark Gannon's career FT percentage on Tuesday games in Assembly Hall with an odd numbered wind chill at tip off I'm gonna get my answer in less than 10 minutes.

Cliff Clavin ain't got shit on you, my friend.

Why hurry him. I'd rather have a heathy Wiesy for the big dance. A sweet 16 is more important than getting to the Finals of the B1G tourney.
I’m not suggesting they hurry him. If he’s healthy wrap it and play him. If he is able to play after 5 days. He should be ready after 5 to 8 more days of rest. And it’s probable he can sit longer...probably dress and ride the pine in 1st NCAA Tournament game.

Last edited:
one thing about this regime... they don't say much about injuries.

CJ's injury more mysterious than the JFK assassination files.

but fran said day to day after the game... which made me think it was just a sprain.
Hmmmm, makes me wonder about that grassy knoll thingy

Why hurry him. I'd rather have a heathy Wiesy for the big dance. A sweet 16 is more important than getting to the Finals of the B1G tourney.
Good point. We know we're in. Other teams are fighting just to be considered. Let Weezy rest, then unleash the fury from Muscatine

We seriously need an appreciation thread for @Northside Hawk and I'm not being sarcastic. The amount of Iowa and general sports trivia that guy can bring up in an instant is truly mind boggling.

If I ever need to know Mark Gannon's career FT percentage on Tuesday games in Assembly Hall with an odd numbered wind chill at tip off I'm gonna get my answer in less than 10 minutes.

Cliff Clavin ain't got shit on you, my friend.
Hey, thanks for the props.

I have a writing and broadcasting background, and still enjoy writing today. I'm also. as you've all figured out, a prolific reader, and a strong history buff in both sports and music. I reference my own library for a decent amount of my anecdotes and references.

Mostly I. Iike to pattern myself after two of my favorite authors. Baseball sabermetric savant Bill James and music critic Rob Sheffield. They are always looking for random, slice of life anecdotes that I at least find interesting to read and learn, and are terrific storytellers as well. I had a front row seat, as a student at Iowa in the Golden second half of the eighties, to some of the most memorable sports moments in school, and conference history.

I am also getting up there in age. I will be 56 this year. I've seen some things. And I see the yan when most follow the yin, zag where others zig. Look for the B side of the mainstream.

Always have. Thanks again for appreciating what I do.

Hey, thanks for the props.

I have a writing and broadcasting background, and still enjoy writing today. I'm also. as you've all figured out, a prolific reader, and a strong history buff in both sports and music. I reference my own library for a decent amount of my anecdotes and references.

Mostly I. Iike to pattern myself after two of my favorite authors. Baseball sabermetric savant Bill James and music critic Rob Sheffield. They are always looking for random, slice of life anecdotes that I at least find interesting to read and learn, and are terrific storytellers as well. I had a front row seat, as a student at Iowa in the Golden second half of the eighties, to some of the most memorable sports moments in school, and conference history.

I am also getting up there in age. I will be 56 this year. I've seen some things. And I see the yan when most follow the yin, zag where others zig. Look for the B side of the mainstream.

Always have. Thanks again for appreciating what I do.
What do you like to read?
It would be great to see Perkins playing well in front of his hometown folks.
Yes, of course, it would be, if Fran goes small. If he goes big, I think we'll see more of Kris Murray on the front line.

Latest posts