JW

Sure hope it isn't too bad. Big 10 Tournament is one thing but really hope he can be ready to go for NCAA tournament. Luckily that's almost two weeks away. Fingers crossed.

Why would Wisconsin player try to trip JW and actually hurt JW by extending his foot. I couldn't tell by the replay. That looks to me intention to me.

I think we are looking at a no-Joe Big Ten Tournament and then like a ~80% Joe in the NCAA Tournament.

This hurt bad. Watching Wieskamp limp off the court, as of right now, is right near the top of my list of worst moments as a Hawkeye fan. I can't even imagine what was going through the minds of the guys on the team.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it looked but now with Nunge (who you can make an argument for as being our most critical bench player) and Wieskamp (2nd best overall player) out, it sort of feels like we're in the hands of lady luck to achieve our dreams of a tourney run. We're going to need a role player (maybe 2) to get hot and stay hot.

I think we are looking at a no-Joe Big Ten Tournament and then like a ~80% Joe in the NCAA Tournament.

This hurt bad. Watching Wieskamp limp off the court, as of right now, is right near the top of my list of worst moments as a Hawkeye fan. I can't even imagine what was going through the minds of the guys on the team.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it looked but now with Nunge (who you can make an argument for as being our most critical bench player) and Wieskamp (2nd best overall player) out, it sort of feels like we're in the hands of lady luck to achieve our dreams of a tourney run. We're going to need a role player (maybe 2) to get hot and stay hot.

This is such an "Iowa" thing to have happen. Can't say I'm surprised. But still holding out hope that it isn't as bad as it looked.

Without JW, I don't feel too great about our chances of making a deep run even if we are a high seed. JW can carry this team at times, and we're going to need that a couple weeks from now.

Listened to Kirk Speraw being interviewed at halftime, he seemed optimistic JW would be ready by Friday. Guess we will find out in the next day or two.

JW was playing like an all-American, Iowa won’t win another game without him. I’m crushed I hope he’s a quick healer. Iowa cursed again.

JW was playing like an all-American, Iowa won’t win another game without him. I’m crushed I hope he’s a quick healer. Iowa cursed again.
They literally won this game without him for the most vital stretch lol. I don't think he's out beyond big ten tournament. Iowa can possibly beat wisconsin a third time with out JW, but it will take everyone playing their best.

Beyond that who cares if Iowa doesn't win big ten tourney, they'll still likely have a 2 or 3 seed and my prediction is JW will be ready by then.

When players don’t return to the sideline I worry. When they do return; sit with the team; walk around; and don’t look distressed I don’t worry. That’s how CJ looked the other night and how JW looked today. I bet he plays Friday.

nah man... it wasn't intentional. They were both stumbling.
They were rumbling and stumbling because the Wisconsin defender (whom is a maniac that eventually fouled out) was egregiously up in Joe's kitchen, committing an obvious foul which was ignored by the B1G zebras, eventhough it occurred in front of God and everybody. Maybe, it wasn't intentional, but it was definitely negligence of the highest order.

yeah hopefully just a sprain... i remember when i was going to school at Iowa I was playing at the field house (which was a near legendary place to play pick up) I sprained my ankle... when to eat dinner at the Quad... came back after dinner to play again.

Couldn't put much pressure on it so i ended up spraining both ankles... literally could not walk the next day.

Regardless, we'll see a lot of Tony Perkins who will go off on someone. He is the future and JW will be back by NCAA's. CJ will have more time to heal. Go Hawks live the dream.

listen to post game interviews... bohannon thinks joe will be ready.

Fran also said "day to day"

Pretty sure he just sprained his ankle... nothing more serious than that.

hard to know yet... walking boot doesn't mean anything neccessarily.
It does mean one thing.... if he had a fracture they wouldn't let him put ANY weight on it. They have all the med tech there to take xrays. Since he has a boot we can assume it's not a fracture.

Latest posts