JV is simply not a good QB

Maybe JVB isn't a great QB but how GD bad are our receivers there were a dozen dropped balls today. How BAD are our receivers.

First, I would like to congratulate the defense on a mostly excellent game today. Morris especially really brought it today.

As for JVB I'm willing to give him one more chance, but if he can't have a good game at home against UNI then he needs to sit. His yards per completion and yards per attempt are atrocious, and he has 1 touchdown through 2 games against mediocre competition. The WR's dropped at least 8 passes that I counted, but nonetheless many of his throws were inaccurate. It was very frustrating to watch our offense today. ISU's defense played well and I give them credit, but we stopped ourselves more than they stopped us.

He's been pretty terrible, of courdse, his receivers have been bad too, but you expect better from a fifth year QB with a lot of starts.

I'm not sure if there's some confusion with his reads, and the receivers patterns from the new offense or if he really is as bad as he looks.

Whatever be the case he's looked bad, and my hope is they straighten it out in the next two weeks or they allow Rudock and Sokol legitimate chances of competeting for the job. I don't want to see the entire season ruined because we're wedded to one QB if he can't do the job.

First, I would like to congratulate the defense on a mostly excellent game today. Morris especially really brought it today.

As for JVB I'm willing to give him one more chance, but if he can't have a good game at home against UNI then he needs to sit. His yards per completion and yards per attempt are atrocious, and he has 1 touchdown through 2 games against mediocre competition. The WR's dropped at least 8 passes that I counted, but nonetheless many of his throws were inaccurate. It was very frustrating to watch our offense today. ISU's defense played well and I give them credit, but we stopped ourselves more than they stopped us.
The offense has one TD, and it was a running play. JVB has 0 TD passes.

The fact is, Iowa is at best a 6 win team. We will never fire KF, so I hope he's smart enough to look to the future and get done young guys experience. I have always stuck up for JVB, but I'm done. This offense sucks. Let's look to the future

Yes, JVB has been a big disappointment. Don't get your hopes up for seeing someone else. It isn't KF conservatism that is the primary factor in that. They are putting in a new system. The wide receivers don't know what they are doing either. Under those conditions I doubt they put in a green quarterback. Too many things against it.

You guys are dreaming if you think that KF will sit a Sr QB who has a year of starting under his belt. He wouldn't sit McCann when he had Brad Banks kicking Michigan's butt.

Really? I though this was settled back in May ...

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/46113-phil-steeles-dis-vandy-no-all-conf.html

JVB is an average to decent D-1 QB. Unfortunately, this team needs him to be a very good to great QB. Most thought he was ready to take that step and lead but he simply hasn't and probably won't. He is what he is and what you see is what you will see.

He continues to struggle with skittishness and relies waaay too much on the release valve. Regardless of the drops, it's crazy to see so many targets to the RB. This offense (henceforth known as The Offensive) is, for whatever reason, exposing his weaknesses. On no less than 2 third and 7's or 8's, he targets the RB and TE on the drag, 4 yards from the line of scrimmage, with safety on the back and LB under. That's not going to move the sticks, let alone win you many games.

off the top of my head I can think of 1 and 1/2 games where he has actually been good. OSU and the second half against pitt. other than that it has been very inconsistent. I know he went for 3k but we lost a lot of games last year and were behind so we had to throw more than normal

The team isn't a BCS contender...Vandenfail is regressing...so we shouldn't give the next guy a shot...why exactly?

You guys are dreaming if you think that KF will sit a Sr QB who has a year of starting under his belt. He wouldn't sit McCann when he had Brad Banks kicking Michigan's butt.

That very game caused me to never have full faith in Ferentz, inc. That was a dark, dark day in Kinnick stadium.

First, I would like to congratulate the defense on a mostly excellent game today. Morris especially really brought it today.As for JVB I'm willing to give him one more chance, but if he can't have a good game at home against UNI then he needs to sit. His yards per completion and yards per attempt are atrocious, and he has 1 touchdown through 2 games against mediocre competition. The WR's dropped at least 8 passes that I counted, but nonetheless many of his throws were inaccurate. It was very frustrating to watch our offense today. ISU's defense played well and I give them credit, but we stopped ourselves more than they stopped us.

Totally agree. Any other Div 1 team would bench JVB if he has another game like this. Might as well get these other guys some experience. Vandy's year of game experience sure isn't paying off after this 2nd game, so why not play JR or Sokol. They have the same amount of exposure to new offense as JVB

I did not see him look off a primary receiver once today...he simply locks on every single time, and doesn't notice if there is a defender in the lane or not.

I've never seen a senior QB with less progression confidence than him.

Yes, I realize there were a few bad drops today, not saying our receivers are without some blame....but at the end of the day, it's your QB who has to be counted on not to make horrendous game-ending mistakes.

Unfortunately for us, JV is the starter until he either gets hurt or graduates.

It's going to be a very long season fellas.....

Stupid post period. There is not a qb in he land that is going to look good when his wr have double digit dropped passes sorry but that is a fact. To think otherwise is just stupid.

Stupid post period. There is not a qb in he land that is going to look good when his wr have double digit dropped passes sorry but that is a fact. To think otherwise is just stupid.
Asinine reply period....JV had terrible reads all day long, put too much velocity of many of his passes unecessarily and worst of all never once pump faked in any way shape or form. There were exactly THREE bad drops, the rest were just as much JV's fualt as they were the receivers. To think otherwise is just asinine.

54.6% completion, 365 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT so far in 2012......are you happy with that????

Latest posts