JV is simply not a good QB

Herkuleez

Banned
I did not see him look off a primary receiver once today...he simply locks on every single time, and doesn't notice if there is a defender in the lane or not.

I've never seen a senior QB with less progression confidence than him.

Yes, I realize there were a few bad drops today, not saying our receivers are without some blame....but at the end of the day, it's your QB who has to be counted on not to make horrendous game-ending mistakes.

Unfortunately for us, JV is the starter until he either gets hurt or graduates.

It's going to be a very long season fellas.....

Yes this team looks bad... there were alot of drops today also.

But if this team is as bad as it looks then we need to go with Rudock and build for the future.

I know that will never happen tho...

Well Jake C was taken out for Stanzi, no reason not to do the same things here. He doesn't look off guys throws into horrible double coverage he shouldn't be playing QB at this level thats for sure.

Agreed. He has been awful. Even with the drops, most of the throws have been bad.
This game was terrible. Defense was very very good. Vandy was terrible and the offense as a whole was even worse.

He is an accurate passer (A lot of dropped balls that should not have been dropped including a touchdown pass), but seems to lack what it takes in pressure situations...I would not have believed it and it can still turn around, but it had better turn around quickly IMO...very disappointing loss, very...

This team isn't going to be very good.So why not get JR some snaps for next year...
Can he do any worse than JVB?

He can't handle the pressure. He looks so confused some times. Lack of confidence or just doesn't have the problem solving ability to ne a B1G winning QB.

i find it funny when people say a qb locks on a receiver...qbs dont look at receivers until the end they look at a defender and read what they do and that tells them to pass or go to your next read and progress.

plus even if they are looking at receivers when you run two guys in similar areas 1 short & 1 medium they could switch between the receivers 5 times for all we know because they wouldnt have to move their head.

the guy wasnt great but he wasnt terrible. he had a lot of drops today. he made 1 awful throw for an int. the other int was a great defensive play and jvb had nothing to lose with his back against the wall.

without knowing the play, the read/progression that he is told to go through and being physically in his spot seeing what he sees we dont know what he is doing.

Are you suprised! The Hawks have not have any serious success with an Iowa kid at quarterback since Evey.

If history teaches us anything, the Hawks are not a very good team with an Iowa kid at quarterback. Even with Tavian & Timmy, the best Sherman could do was 8-4.

I thought JVB was going to be a great QB. Boy was I ever wrong. At best he's a mediocre QB who makes poor decisions. Its going to be a very longggg season.

i find it funny when people say a qb locks on a receiver...qbs dont look at receivers until the end they look at a defender and read what they do and that tells them to pass or go to your next read and progress.

plus even if they are looking at receivers when you run two guys in similar areas 1 short & 1 medium they could switch between the receivers 5 times for all we know because they wouldnt have to move their head.

the guy wasnt great but he wasnt terrible. he had a lot of drops today. he made 1 awful throw for an int. the other int was a great defensive play and jvb had nothing to lose with his back against the wall.

without knowing the play, the read/progression that he is told to go through and being physically in his spot seeing what he sees we dont know what he is doing.

Uhh no - the other INT was also a horrible throw also.

JV not gonna keep many fans being 0-2 vs. Steele f'n Jantz. And the defense played outstanding compared to last year. Secondary to that though... the coaches and Soup have to take some blame for the WR and TE production. Nearly half a dozen dropped balls it seemed. When you know you don't have much to put on the field for WR in 2012 you gotta put an emphasizes on finding a recruit that can come in and play right away. The best target, CJ, did not look that good today. He seems to be slow making his double move or making cuts on his routes...

He is not and won't be. He does some good things and is by all accounts a good and smart kid, but he's not a good BIG QB. He's not bad ,but there are what 100 mediocre QBs in Div 1 football. Unfortuntately, he is among that group.

As noted in another thread, the defense of him for two years is that there are more detrimental players/schemes than JVB's play so the criticism of JVB is unwarranted. Can that line of reasoning final be put to rest?

I did not see him look off a primary receiver once today...he simply locks on every single time, and doesn't notice if there is a defender in the lane or not.

I've never seen a senior QB with less progression confidence than him.

Yes, I realize there were a few bad drops today, not saying our receivers are without some blame....but at the end of the day, it's your QB who has to be counted on not to make horrendous game-ending mistakes.

Unfortunately for us, JV is the starter until he either gets hurt or graduates.

It's going to be a very long season fellas.....

There was a few drops so please dont single him out.

:rolleyes:

You obvioulsy have no idea what the heck you are talking about. If this were true about JVB he wouldn't have thrown in to double coverage as much. JVB is not that good. He cant win on the road and he has the worst home record of any Iowa QB in oh....ever.