JV is simply not a good QB

Asinine reply period....JV had terrible reads all day long, put too much velocity of many of his passes unecessarily and worst of all never once pump faked in any way shape or form. There were exactly THREE bad drops, the rest were just as much JV's fualt as they were the receivers. To think otherwise is just asinine.

54.6% completion, 365 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT so far in 2012......are you happy with that????

JVB made some bad decisions sure, but there were double digit passes that were flat out dropped, to say there is only 3 show how little you know about the game of football. what a clueless post yet again by you.

In the 4th quarter alone we dropped a TD pass, and two first down passes.

Collectively the skill position players played like hot garbage.

In the 4th quarter alone we dropped a TD pass, and two first down passes.

Collectively the skill position players played like hot garbage.

And up to that point there was only 1 dropped ball by Bullock early on. People that claim it was 10+ is just silly.

Drops can be fixed, but the tendency to lock in and throw regardless of defense shows a much larger problem. On the first redzone appearance, Vandy throws at Davis who had 4 guys circled around him when there were 3 routes and 3 defenders on his left side. Not even so much as a glance to the left when he had plenty of time.

Same thing on the first pick. He locked in and threw it to Davis in double coverage when CJFed was breaking wide open underneath. He should have easily seen it, but he seems to have extreme tunnel vision.

Vandy is a great thrower, but when it comes to seeing defenses and reacting, he is very mediocre.

There were a ton dropped. passes especially in the fourth quartet. Its not just JVB that is the problem.

We are a poor team that lost to another poor team.

There were at least 7-8 drops. If the TD pass isn't dropped we might have won and everybody would be saying how clutch JV was and what a great throw on the run it was. I agree, he isn't a great qb and the last pick was bad but it's hard to gauge how bad he was when the receivers and TE drop so many.

....Drops can be fixed, but the tendency to lock in and throw regardless of defense shows a much larger problem. .....

Vandy is a great thrower, but when it comes to seeing defenses and reacting, he is very mediocre.

How can one not see a 6' 7" TE w/ 3 steps on the nearest defender, who is in a crossing route and on the same sight line as the WR in triple coverage he throws the ball too?

Hint: He never took his eyes off of the WR after the snap.

I honestly thought the GD QB progression was to look and see if the back out on the flat is open, if not then look for the slot receiver or TE on the crossing route, then, if they aren't open, look for the deep guy running down the side line.

As this is in basic conflict w/ the KOK system, where the progression was just the opposite and you checked down to the nearest guy, are we seeing a JVB w/ a KOK hangover?

After watching JVB over a few seasons, I think he'd get happy feet in a Pop Warner game, and he has the passing touch of Tim Tebow. Hard to believe this is the same guy who went into Columbus with balls of steel a few seasons ago. I guess he just didn't know any better then.

And up to that point there was only 1 dropped ball by Bullock early on. People that claim it was 10+ is just silly.

Drops can be fixed, but the tendency to lock in and throw regardless of defense shows a much larger problem. On the first redzone appearance, Vandy throws at Davis who had 4 guys circled around him when there were 3 routes and 3 defenders on his left side. Not even so much as a glance to the left when he had plenty of time.

Same thing on the first pick. He locked in and threw it to Davis in double coverage when CJFed was breaking wide open underneath. He should have easily seen it, but he seems to have extreme tunnel vision.

People who say that just don't know how to count

JV seems like a great kid and a very hard worker but so far he hasnt done much to convince the fan base that he isn't just an average to below average QB. Brad Banks, Drew Tate, and Ricky Stanzi all won more close games and produced more than JV.

We need a quarterback who can scramble or roll out to avoid the rush. Recent Iowa quarterbacks wouldn't be able to side-step a street sweeper on Burlington Avenue in Iowa City. After Brad Banks and Drew Tate, why did we return to lead-footed drop-back quarterbacks?

We need a quarterback who can scramble or roll out to avoid the rush. Recent Iowa quarterbacks wouldn't be able to side-step a street sweeper on Burlington Avenue in Iowa City. After Brad Banks and Drew Tate, why did we return to lead-footed drop-back quarterbacks?

It's not like we aren't trying to bring in dual threat quarterbacks. We just can't get any (at least not any good ones).

1. 15+ starts and very little 4th quarter performance. (Pitt game as exception)
2. 5th year senior
3. Worse in last 4 games

I see no reason why we shouldn't switch to another QB. Zero passing touchdowns in 2 games. How could another QB do worse?

People who say that just don't know how to count

Still waiting for your proof. I have watched the game twice now. Stop being a smarta$$ and come with some facts, not just your "expert" drunken recollection. Pls and thank you.

I honestly thought the GD QB progression was to look and see if the back out on the flat is open, if not then look for the slot receiver or TE on the crossing route, then, if they aren't open, look for the deep guy running down the side line.
Pretty sure that progression is backwards.... deep route #1, TE #2 option and RB in flat is your outlet option. If your progression was the order you stated, the WR would be 50 yards downfield already.

I love how people are arguing whether it was bad passing or drops. Newsflash: it was both. Let's not put a restriction on people to blame.

i find it funny when people say a qb locks on a receiver...qbs dont look at receivers until the end they look at a defender and read what they do and that tells them to pass or go to your next read and progress.

plus even if they are looking at receivers when you run two guys in similar areas 1 short & 1 medium they could switch between the receivers 5 times for all we know because they wouldnt have to move their head.

the guy wasnt great but he wasnt terrible. he had a lot of drops today. he made 1 awful throw for an int. the other int was a great defensive play and jvb had nothing to lose with his back against the wall.

without knowing the play, the read/progression that he is told to go through and being physically in his spot seeing what he sees we dont know what he is doing.

Thanks Foval !! a little truth in a negative world.

Yeah, jvb wasn't good, but he was better than week 1 and will continue to get better. He lacks a touch of confidence. Look, I never thought the kid was the next coming....but he isn't as bad as he's being made out to be. he's serviceable with potential to be good, maybe not great.

Latest posts