JV is simply not a good QB

We need a quarterback who can scramble or roll out to avoid the rush. Recent Iowa quarterbacks wouldn't be able to side-step a street sweeper on Burlington Avenue in Iowa City. After Brad Banks and Drew Tate, why did we return to lead-footed drop-back quarterbacks?

I envision the movie "the replaccement".....

big lineman to qb "why don't your try scrambling"

We need a quarterback who can scramble or roll out to avoid the rush. Recent Iowa quarterbacks wouldn't be able to side-step a street sweeper on Burlington Avenue in Iowa City. After Brad Banks and Drew Tate, why did we return to lead-footed drop-back quarterbacks?

I envision the movie "the replaccement".....

big lineman to qb "why don't your try scrambling"

I love how people are arguing whether it was bad passing or drops. Newsflash: it was both. Let's not put a restriction on people to blame.

You are 100% correct. My problem is that drops can be fixed pretty easily (you just catch the ball) but the tendency to lock in to receivers and have tunnel vision is not a quick fix at all.

JVB did not look good, but after reviewing the game again (taped on BTN), I feel a little less ticked about his performance than I did when I saw him live at Kinnick.

In the second half, his receivers sucked. Several dropped balls. They certainly weren't easy catches, but 4 or 5 of those drops should've been caught. One was a TD (hard, but doable).

the guy wasnt great but he wasnt terrible. he had a lot of drops today. he made 1 awful throw for an int. the other int was a great defensive play and jvb had nothing to lose with his back against the wall.

Nothing to lose? How about the game, or an attempt at a FG at the least.

He is reading defenses pre-snap, but things change at the snap and he shows very little ability to change with it, instead he just throws it hard.

After watching JVB over a few seasons, I think he'd get happy feet in a Pop Warner game, and he has the passing touch of Tim Tebow. Hard to believe this is the same guy who went into Columbus with balls of steel a few seasons ago. I guess he just didn't know any better then.

He threw a couple of balls that had Nolan Ryan type speed on them (from 5 yards away).

JVB did not look good, but after reviewing the game again (taped on BTN), I feel a little less ticked about his performance than I did when I saw him live at Kinnick.
).

I felt the opposite. The 3rd and 5 in the first quarter is the epitome of what Saturday was. Keenan Davis 1 on four, throw it really hard, left side of the field 3 on 3, doesn't even get a glance. :(

Are you suprised! The Hawks have not have any serious success with an Iowa kid at quarterback since Evey.

If history teaches us anything, the Hawks are not a very good team with an Iowa kid at quarterback. Even with Tavian & Timmy, the best Sherman could do was 8-4.
BINGO!

Latest posts