Just a few observations from tonight...

Josh was indeed falling away on his shot again last night. I thought he had corrected this in the last two games, but I guess not.

Dammit, if he ever fixes this, I think he'll be fine. It's a tough fix mid season though.

He's going to need to fix it by next year because the competition for his minutes is about to go way up.

Agreed, he shoots like he has this year he won't even be playing next year I wouldn't think. I'd assume Jok and Uthoff would fill his role (though I know nothing about them as players except that the very thought of Uthoff makes Bo Ryan poop fire)

I really hope your right. I just dont see it happing.

You basically called Josh out, so I'm going to call you out for YOUR horrible spelling. :)

p.s.- I'd swear that YOU'RE the Hurbster, but Hurb would never call out a player.

Last edited:
Josh was indeed falling away on his shot again last night. I thought he had corrected this in the last two games, but I guess not.

I watched a little of the Wisconsin/Minnesota game and noticed Dekker shoots the same way, only he makes 42% of his.

PSU's point guard had his best 3 pt shooting nite ever they said his 26 points in the first 30 minutes kept psu in it.

Yeah, that guy was nuts last night. I couldn't believe it. I think Clemmons has better defensive skills than Gesell, he might have kept him in check a little better last night. Maybe not, I don't know.

Yeah, that guy was nuts last night. I couldn't believe it. I think Clemmons has better defensive skills than Gesell, he might have kept him in check a little better last night. Maybe not, I don't know.

Clemmons was extremely sloppy on offense last night, three bad turnovers in only 10 mins kept him on the bench most of the night.

Clemmons was extremely sloppy on offense last night, three bad turnovers in only 10 mins kept him on the bench most of the night.

HF33, Clemmons has been kind of sloppy in general. He needs to clean it up so he can play more. I like his defensive intensity.

Re: I don't think Fran would quite state it like that..

the imperative has to be (and is) winning games now. This team has a chance (albeit slim) to get into the NCAA tournament. Fran has decided the best way to do that is to have a rotation of 9 or so guys who hang their hat on defense. And to do that, they need to give a lot of effort on the defensive side and play more than 6-7 guys.

Next year will be a whole different dynamic. They only lose May, and introduce talented players in Uthoff and Jok. I don't think Fran is really giving too much thought to what this team will look like then.

We can agree to disagree. You believe one thing and I, another. But if you can find in my statement where I said FM wasn't concerned about winning this year, please do so.

Sorry man maybe I should phrase it like this. What does everyone think of a guy going 1-6 night in and night out? Or, What does everyone think of a guy going 32-118 on the year? Does that help any team you are on? Does missing 86 threes help the team. Just a "situation" that I am wondering about.

I've said this for several games now. It's been going on for the entire year now. One good game followed by several bad games. I have no idea why people think that somehow JO's poor shooting is helping us or that magically all of a sudden things are going to change long term.

Tell us how Gabe is progressing again.

Siouxboy. Tell me. Isn't this thread kinda leaning towards a JO discussion as opposed to a Gabe one? Sorry. Just because JO is a local hero doesnt mean he doesnt deserve criticism when he's not performing well. Don't go getting your panties all bundled up again because somebody might disagree with something you think / say.

It's just that you will tolerate no criticism of Gabe, but feel free to pile on Josh. Try to be a little consistent will you?

Iowa seems to be a team that plays to the level of their competition. Not that it is a bad thing but its how you beat good teams and then lose to someone you shouldn't. I look for them to be much more consistent next year. Biggest need obviously is more consistent outside shooting. That would make them a really scary team with the way they hit the boards.

Latest posts