Josh Ogundele in the transfer portal

I think most Hawk fans was hoping that Josh O. was going to develop and be a force inside. Got to give him some credit in the championship game against Purdue. I would have bet the house he wouldn't even see the court, he did and he contributed. I was shocked. That being said, I don't see Josh O. transferring to another D 1 school and being a starter. Wish him well and hope he proves me wrong again.

I did like JT's assets, he was a tough player, and will be missed. I didn't think Josh was going to be a real asset until his senior season-he still needed a lot of fine tuning.

But we need a big now, or Mulvey needs to take a real step forward, or conference is going to be brutal

I was also going to say what you did about Mulvey. I have not seen him play enough at all to say what he needs to do but he probably needs to get more coordinated with his footwork and shots, 10-15 more pounds would put him around 265, and work on his defense. And of course a big man who can pass and dribble decently is a good attribute.

If he can make good strides he can ultimately be a starter but at least give 15 good minutes a game.

The starting frontline can be 6-8, 6-9, and 6-8 to 6-9 depending on what Rebraca really is. That should be enough height and length most times!!!! if they hit the rebounding more aggressively.

I think most Hawk fans was hoping that Josh O. was going to develop and be a force inside. Got to give him some credit in the championship game against Purdue. I would have bet the house he wouldn't even see the court, he did and he contributed. I was shocked. That being said, I don't see Josh O. transferring to another D 1 school and being a starter. Wish him well and hope he proves me wrong again.
I just don't understand the giddiness of him leaving by some. He is the type of body size guy we need. Even 5 to 10 minutes of him in stretches throughout the year is another weapon to throw at other teams.

I just don't understand the giddiness of him leaving by some. He is the type of body size guy we need. Even 5 to 10 minutes of him in stretches throughout the year is another weapon to throw at other teams.
Not worth a scholarship though for 5 minutes in stretches.

Ogundele was also dead last on the team in WS/40 which is a damn reliable stat. His offensive WS was exactly 0.0.

Box plus/minus was -3.3, worst on the team by a mile. Josh seemed to be a good dude, well-liked by Fran and his teammates, but he was just not a productive basketball player by any measurement. It happens.

Plugging up the lane, however you want to phrase it, isn’t a reason to throw that kind of guy on the floor.

That then would equate to a shitshow
I bet that's closer to the average. I don't know what it is but I bet most schools are turning over 5 plus kids due to kids leaving early for one reason or another. Granted LSU absolutely is a shitshow with a lot of crazy things going on. But most schools are flipping half their rosters or more I bet.

Iowa is losing
JBo
Keegan
Ash
JO
JT
and maybe CM sounds like he'll be back but he hasn't decided.

Those guys all had schollys and we currently have 2 kids committed to come in so Fran has some work yet to do

The worrisome thing about it that both Joe and Josh could've improved in the off-season, but I can see why Joe would look elsewhere knowing Connor would get nepotism minutes over him. Now Fran is gonna Fran and whiff in the portal, miss on any roster upgrades, and settle for someone who won't make an impact just to have depth.

There were times when Josh looked like he's never held a basketball before in his life and then there were times where he made Edey look silly. Unfortunately making Edey (or other players) look silly didn't happen very often. I'm hoping for the best for Ogundele, he seemed like a really good guy to have around.

He just didn't have the physique to fit Fran's and Iowa current up tempo style. He has some skills but they just couldn't get the minutes out of him before he'd get gassed. Just the way it is. It wasn't the perfect fit for Iowa's style. Good luck to him. Seems to be a decent guy. No fault, either end, IMO.

I actually liked what the Big O brought to the table. I'm sorry to him go.....he might not have been the best shooter, but I liked the things he did around the basket. He really helped out in the Purdue game. It is a shame.

Honestly, I think Iowa needs more big bodies like him and that is part of the problem along with overall guard play.

I don't know if they need more, per se, but to your point I do think they need one. That big enforcer that is hard to move. A Reggie Evans would be a nice get, with that rebounding prowess added.

1) You knew Keegan was leaving.

2) Toussaint and Ogundele wouldn’t have gotten minutes next year anyway.

Quit being such a drama queen. Transfers are the way of the world now.
Have to agree with you Fry which I don't always do but the portal has changed everything and the NIL may make even bigger changes (yet to be determined)
My biggest concern is Iowa is pretty much a one way street at least so far. We got Rebracha a mid major type of player and are losing a lot more. This year McCaffrey has to make a bigger hot in the portal than in the past

Its the way college sports are now. If players switching teams makes you upset, you're going to be pretty miserable moving forward.
No no no. Iowa is the only team that has players transferring this year. Fran is terrible and Iowa might as well have just kept Licklighter given the mass exodus of two back ups transfering and a lottery pick entering the draft. Regular dumpster fire......

Latest posts